main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**OFFICIAL** Attack Of The Clones Score Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Sithman, Mar 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    I just downloaded the soundtrack and let me say "whoa". Everything gave me the chills.
    I felt as if I were about to cry while listening to "Across the Stars" and "Anakin and Padme", while the rest of the soundtrack had me guessing what the heck was going on....
    I am so hyped. This is awesome..... I'm still in shock.
    If anyone wants these songs, PM me, btw.. but you've got to promise me you'll buy the soundtrack. Anyways, yeah, I'm going to listen to "Across the Stars" again...

take care.

Edit
    Also curious, but for those who have listened to "Across the Stars", what all instruments are involved? And would anyone here be interested in trying to score it ourselves onto sheet music? I've got the basic notes down for the basis of the song.. but I'd like the try and score the entire song.
    PM if you're interested.

2. The_Cloaked_One

The_Cloaked_One Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2002
    Yey, I finally got it. Just a quick question though, are there any songs with Duel of the Fates mixed into it? I almost have them all d/led and I havent heard it in any of them. :(

3. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Listen at "Return to Tatooine", there you'll here Duel of the Fates in a short version

4. JabbaPapa

JabbaPapa Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    You are the Dark Prince of all Cloaked Ones everywhere !! :)

5. Darth_Silenous

Darth_Silenous Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Omigod! Thank you SO much, The Cloaked One. You saved my life with that site!!

THE MUSIC IS SO GOOD!JOHN WILLIAMS FOREVER!

6. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    "Return to Tatooine" also has a very creepy new theme!

7. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    The entire soundtrack rules. Plain and simple.

8. The_Cloaked_One

Feb 27, 2002
    Return to Tatooine is simply AWESOME! Especially the blend and short theme of Duel of the Fates. I blasted the sound just wondering what was happening in the movie (although I think I know anyway). Well, if ANYONE wants to know where to go to get this azz kicking soundtrack, do NOT hesitate to IM or email me. I will happily direct you to where I got it from. :D

9. kornknealious

kornknealious Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2001
    John williams is a great film composer. However, he is a very busy film composer doing many films that have crossed into one another the past 5 years. There are only so many notes you can re arrange so many times b4 you wind up crossing back to yourself.

Star Crossed, it feels, envokes a tragic love story. Not memroable, but good. This is to say I have not seen the film. But, as the score moves into the next track, the electric guitar rift?? GOOD GOD!!! that alone put me in the 20th centruy! I hope to god Lucas and williams change that bit of scoring b4 it does kill what is slowly dying.... good god.... electric guitar????!!!!! PLEASE GOD .. MAKE LUCAS STOP B4 HE TOTALY KILLS STAR WARS!!!!
    B4 anyone jumps and screams at me right now, I want to re itterate that I belive Mr Williams has come up with some increidlbe film scores (for some of the most incridible films) None of this score is bad. Not much of it has been awe inspiring... untill I heard the Imperial March in the confrontation with Dokku. Chills went up and down my spine the second I heard that. Up till then, the score is fluff. Not good, not bad, just good filler that accentuates the story.

From the horrible fiasco that Episode I is, the story can't be all that great listing to the score in Attack of the Clones. ... at least till the end with the confrontation with Dokku.......

10. The_Cloaked_One

Feb 27, 2002
    Can the track get any better? I just listened to track 3 and theres an electric guitar that goes CRAZY. That is something I would have NEVER thought of putting in a SW soundtrack. Its great though. lol

11. Darth_Silenous

Mar 21, 2002
    Williams has outdone himself again. Though I can recognize bits and pieces of older works( Hook, A.I., a bit of Harry Potter, and even Seven Years in Tibet), the score is fresh. The final threading together of music makes a somewhat delicate, thoroughly chilling, and very beautiful score that serves as a marvelous listen. Across the Stars is certainly lovely, and it is a welcome addition to the well-known palette of classic-trilogy love themes. Somehow, however, its bittersweet melody has managed to capture my heart in ways few other pieces have (save Luke and Leia's theme). Definitely one of the highlights of the score.

Yet all of this music is wonderful. The new music for the Coruscant chase scene is just as good as classic trilogy action music--though I must say, my favorite moments in the score were whenever Imperial March popped up..somehow, its more dire than before, more dark, here, than I remembered. Absolutely spine-tingling.I don't know, I can't really compare it with the classic trilogy because these scores are very different. ESB was brilliant for different reasons than AOTC..but nonetheless, I love them both.

(Oh..and has anyone else noticed a very tiny yet dark rendition of Imperial March right at the finish of the end credits? Right after Anakin's theme from TPM goes into ATS? I think its in the cello's (ImpM) but don't know if I'm just hearing things)

12. Coolguy4522

Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    I am having a real hard time trying to get it off of Bearshare. It is being really crappy lately. I did get track 5, but it wasn't that impressive. Does anybody, by chance, have a server or something where one could download it? If any kind hearted person would PM me if so, that would just be great.

13. Emperor_Sebulba

Emperor_Sebulba Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2001
    I've downloaded the Main Theme and Across the Stars so far...I am very impressed. I think Across the Stars ranks right up there with The Throne Room and Into The Trap as the best Star Wars songs of all time.

14. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    "MAKE LUCAS STOP B4 HE TOTALY KILLS STAR WARS!!!!

Boo-freaking-hoo. [face_plain]

It's a guitar riff. It doesn't ruin the score, it compliments it. If you're so distraught that a guitar riff is used in conjunction with a traditional orchestra, I suggest you go see a therapist.

Star Wars is not dying.

Lucas isn't killing Star Wars.

Get a grip.

15. The_Cloaked_One

Feb 27, 2002
    I loved the guitar thing. Its a perfect instrument for whats happening in the movie at the time.

Again, if anyone wants the soundtrack, PM, IM, or email me. I will hook you guys and gals up. :D

16. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    The soundtrack is great, I simply cannot listen to it enough. :D

17. oBi1JaCoBi

oBi1JaCoBi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 1999
    Don't worry. People are not going to think Star Wars turned pop because of a guitar riff. JW music is still timeless. Its a solid soundtrack. Besides I really love that guitar riff. Who would have thought a few notes could add so much.

18. The_Cloaked_One

Feb 27, 2002
    lol true. I like the guitar riff too. It adds some spice and something new to the soundtrack. :D

19. melbatoast

melbatoast Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2001
    Yes, Darth Silenous, that is the Imperial March right at the end credits - this is one of my favorite parts of the new score. This defnitely gives me chills how Williams weaves Anakin's theme with Across the Stars with Vader's theme faint in the background. It's so haunting and chilling. It goes from hopefull to forboding! I love it! Williams has really outdone himself with that track!!! I can't wait to see it on screen!

20. Darth_Silenous

Mar 21, 2002
    lol...I second that!!

21. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    WHAT TRACK # HAS ELECTRIC GUITAR?!

22. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Track #3 has electric guitar riffs. They're pretty short and I like how it's used -- very experimental and unique.

"Zam the Assasin and the Chase in Corsucant."

23. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    Yes, it's very new and unique to SW. I've only recognized it twice in the track, but both times, it's awesome. :D

24. Darth Rayder

Darth Rayder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 1999
    Oh my GOD. Return to Tatooine = too much for Darth Rayder. Force Theme, into DOTF...WWWOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Pauses for breath.. If I listen to any more of this soundtrack, I might hyperventilate.

That said, it sounds to me like this piece (and maybe some others)may be split up in the film, as happened a LOT in TPM, as I'm sure you're all too familiar with.

25. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    if you know anything about music theory and listen to across the stars closly, you will notice that it is an inversion of the main theme. thats why it sounds star wars-ish.
    nothing to do with the actual notes have nothing to do with leia's theme or ani's or padme's. The feel of it, the instruments, have been changed to make it sound similar to those themes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.