Official BB Commstroversy Thread

Discussion in 'Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by Darth_AYBABTU, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    No, you were probably right.
  2. carmenite42 Jedi Master

star 4
    "input from regular users from varying backgrounds and registration dates, former JCers, former Mods and Administrators. We are not limited to the above parties."

^ what other parties are there?
  3. Qui Gon Jim23 Force Ghost

star 5
  4. Qui Gon Jim23 Force Ghost

star 5
    On the moderator selection thread:

Jedi_Satimber
    wanna know why I did it?

Because I won't lose sleep over not being a JC Mod. But it needed to be done to the detractors that have a personal issue with me...which oh btw, is YodaJeff, AmazingB and Knightwriter & UK Sullustian (see how easy it is to get the name right?)

Not quite. Since we registered about the same time, I have known you by your posts from the beginning. And from that evidence, I've come to the conclusion that you'd suck hard as a mod. Just because you have nothing to do during the day other than post on message boards does not qualitfy you in the least to be a JCC Mod. The DA comment just puts it over the top.

Oh, and the whole mod resume post? Just pathetic.
  5. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    Also On the Mod Selcetion Thread:

What's amazing about this whole discussion is. Its more or less a select group of people getting upset over someone they don't like getting picked as a Mod. All around the world people that are not like are getting put into postions of power. Why because They have no ties to their co-workers. What better way to keep people under control then having them work for people they don't like.

Personally I've never had much problem with any person the JC Mods have picked over the years. And I've seen this same discussion every year from a diffrent user each time. The point is, some of us are not cut out to be a mod hence why people bring up this thread. But the MODs all decided on who they want to be a Mod. Which there are Mods who mod forums then no one from the YJCC even go to, decided on this as well. So generally they're looking at this usuers post histroy and the such to make a good descision on who they want to be a MOD. And just because a select few don't like someone is no need to get upset over them becoming a MOD.

~PK~
  6. Qui Gon Jim23 Force Ghost

star 5
    Regarding the latest MS Update:
    Us icon srtists earned our tittles, we didn't do something once and get it, we kept over a period of time doing something, and only keep the tittle as long as we keep providing said service. To yank it for such a superflurous reason is just the height of ludacrasness.

First a little grammarnazi-ism. It's "We", not "Us", I don't know what tittles are, but I'm pretty sure you haven't earned any, and I think you mean "ludicrousness".

Face it, you're no more an "artist" for cropping an image to 50x50 and adding a gradient behind it than I am a professional soccer player by having played soccer in high school. You didn't earn the title, it was given to some of you by GS one night because he was bored. I honestly would be embarrassed to carry around a title so lame as "icon artist". Now granted, it's not as inaccurate as nashira carrying around that "JCC Manager" title, but it's wrong nonetheless.

Now, if you decide to change it to something more accurate like "I resize other people's pictures so that they fit on a messageboard and sometimes put pretty little borders on them", I might not have a problem with it.
  7. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    More urban myths that are continuing to be passed on as truth...

What happens off this site affects one ability to become and/or stay a mod here. There are lots of examples of this, of which I happen to be one.

FF & the JC, while historically & appearance-wise would seem to operate separately, they have been converging into one entity for the past 2 years, and are to the point now that there's little to distinguish the two outside of brand recognition and what extends out into offline activities. There's no difference in rules or modding between either, and if there are, it's the same difference in moderator personalities and community standards that affect any forum, Chicago vs. Indianapolis vs. Senate vs. YJCC vs. 3SA. They'll soon have a new joint TOS and both admin structures are being molded into carbon copies of each other...Not saying it's good or bad, but you can no longer say that's how they operate and we have different rules, because you're either lying or mistaken.

Eventually the "what to do with Comms" discussion will cycle thru 15 more times, and maybe, just maybe, they might return to my suggestion I made some 2 years ago. Unlikely, but whatever.
  8. carmenite42 Jedi Master

star 4
    but you can no longer say that's how they operate and we have different rules, because you're either lying or mistaken.

Unless something's changed, if a FF CR does something bannable in the JC, they can't get banned without FF permission.
  9. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    And how is that different than if a FF mod needs to ban a JC staff member/VIP? It's not permission, it's common courtesy to say, "Hey, this guy is getting banned for this and for this long. Just wanted to let you know." To which the FF mods say, "Ok, we'll let their group know what's going on and try to minimize any drama."

I've got access to the OFH, and had MS access up until about 4 weeks ago. It's how it works.
  10. carmenite42 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just saying it reflects the fact that they're run as two different entities. Side A needs to talk to, and pretty much get approval from, Side B.
  11. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    Well, usually when people bring that up it's because they think CRs don't have to follow the same rules as regular users, and is usually incorporated in some lame double standard crying in Comms.
  12. Qui Gon Jim23 Force Ghost

star 5
    If that's true, then why was Shara_82 shouted down in a recent MS discussion for sticking her nose into JC business (especially as she was there as a voice of experience/reason)?

And will someone please take away Wes_Jansen's title if he can't figure out it's not spelled "tittle"?
  13. Qui Gon Jim23 Force Ghost

star 5
    From the moderator selection thread:
    SLR said: Breezy, you and I are not "intelligent" or "remarkable" users, so therefore our opinions do not matter.

I absolutely agree.
  14. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I think that's a remarkably intelligent grasp of the situation.
  15. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    "The DA comment just puts it over the top."

Jim: Don't be mad at me because epic and I helped get your AC promotion "stepping stone" closed! :(

Jeff: Don't be mad at me because nobody treats you like a whiny little puppy that yaps until someone kicks it anymore! :(

KW: Don't be mad because you quit JC moderating for never reaching the top and getting the Head Admin spot you dearly wanted! :(

UK Sullustan: Don't be mad because....I dunno....I slept with your sister or whatever it is you dislike about me! :(

farraday: Don't be mad at me because I accidentally looked at your whang in the showers the other day! :(

Guys, c'mon!
    Love.
    Not hate.
    Love.
  16. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Snap!!!!

DarthAttorney is the king of diss!!! :D
  17. Qui Gon Jim23 Force Ghost

star 5
    Jim: Don't be mad at me because epic and I helped get your AC promotion "stepping stone" closed!

Oh, it's nothing so nefarious as that. I simply dislike you because you're a punk.
  18. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I don't like you because of you're fat.
    And my dad could beat up your dad any day of the week.

We have an accord then.
    Savvy?
  19. Qui Gon Jim23 Force Ghost

star 5
    I was wondering how long it would take the towering intellect to pull out the fat jokes.

I'm sure your dad could beat up my dad. If you could just get him off that kangaroo. I thought they outlawed that?
  20. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    "I was wondering how long it would take the towering intellect to pull out the fat jokes"

I meant it in a schoolyard fight kinda way!
    Are you seriously worried about your weight Jim?
    Cue violins :(

We call kangaroo's chuzwazzah's btw.
    And you're scraping the barrel like a starving African child, Jim.
  21. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I'm not entirely sure what the problem is here, other then DA who obviously has smoked enough to try and be a character hashashin.

Anyways the current mods do little else but enforce rules with a greater or lesser slant of opinion. In reality most could do that. Notiablly it is also the only part of the MS that is nominally self correcting since with copious amounts of drama and complaining mods can be sidelined and lessened and even, rarely, removed.

Since I sincerely doubt any mod is going to make a widespread effect on the boards, the most I could see complining about is they'll be too strict on the rules. Possible but I don't think it's too likely.

All in all, this gets one massive meh from me.
  22. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Oh Taydon, ever the calming Ying to my rampaging Yang ;)
  23. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Why yes, you are a massive prick.

;)
  24. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    How kind of you to say, you large steaming mound of dog feaces ;)
  25. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    You are, as always, welcome.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.