main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official BROKEN ALLEGIANCE comments thread

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Lord_Rive, Apr 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Rive

Lord_Rive TFN Fan Films Staff star 4 VIP

Jun 29, 2000
    Fire away, and congrats to the BA team!

2. Bastion

Bastion Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    Congratulations to all the BA team for getting to this final stage. As I'm about to begin the first stage of filmmaking I can see it is pretty daunting, thankyou for your persistance throughout the difficulties. BA looks to be another great fan film! It just adds to my theory that all the best fan films come from Australia ;) Thanks for the inspiration that should add another one to the ranks!

3. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    I just killed the download link.

Certain people started posting the link early and guess what, I can't finish the uploading and its causing problems.

So until I finish, the link is probably going to be dead.

4. muphicks

muphicks Jedi Master star 2

Aug 20, 2001
    :(

Nearly downloaded as well... oh well at least I can resume it :)Fingers crossed :)

5. Laserschwert

Laserschwert Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2001
    arrgh, you killed my download at 98%!!! :eek:

Now I have to start it again! :_|

Well, maybe it was my own fault... ?[face_plain]

I'm sad now :(

6. Avene

Avene Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    Sorry about that, I thought it was ok to download once I'd noticed the link on the page there.

Anyway, a brilliant film and definitely worth the wait! The best I've seen in a long time. The acting, the look of it and effects were all pretty much spot on. I'm sure people will find a few little glitches to complain about, but overall I found it to be a very professional production and a joy to watch :)

7. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    Its back up now:

TFN FanFilms is proud to bring you Nick Hallam's eagerly anticipated (almost TOO eager) film, BROKEN ALLEGIANCE.

Two dark jedi flee the planet Coruscant but must fight for their freedom when Darth Vader engages the Super Star Destroyer Executor and vicious bounty hunter to track them down.
    BROKEN ALLEGIANCE

8. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    So does this mean Chris gets banned?

:D

9. Vidman

Vidman Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 2001
    Thanks for everyone being patient and letting Azeem do his job to get the film up and online.

10. AndyBryan

AndyBryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    yeah sorry Azeem :(

Downloading now.. :)

11. darynvallon

darynvallon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2001
    I can't wait to see it :) Right now I'm jumping everywhere in my house because I know it will be a fantastic movie :D
    the second trailer was just amazing !!! Nick and his team did a impressive job ...
    I'm very exciting !!!

Greg.
    waiting again and again for BA ;)

12. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    So does this mean Chris gets banned?

Please say yes. :D

Anyway, REALLY great film, I loved it.

Oh, and I don't want to spoil anything, but, keep watching after the credits.

13. darynvallon

darynvallon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2001
    AHHHAHAHAH !!!! YES !!! downlaoding now :D

Greg.

14. Douz

Douz Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2000
    Very well done to the BA cast and crew. Some great visual fx and a good story as well.

The acting was very good. Everyone carried it off well. Paul and Niobe played well off of each other as if there was a genuine relationship there. Hadrian will sure to be a character to be remembered in fan films. Great costume and an excellent screen presence.

The sets and CGI background were also very well created and the live action composited very well.

Congrats on the film and all the positive media attention you have gotten thus far...and best of luck in your future work.

Scott
    TBX Productions

15. Digital_LlamaCH

Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2001
    Just for the record, in my defense i never posted the link in the forums, i simply said i was downloading it. :)

and now that i *AM* at work, a full review will have to wait until this afternoon, but not until i get to pick Nick's brain for a bit on how he got a couple of the shots...

-Chris, still drooling over BA

16. Avene

Avene Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    Well done Nick, or should I say Vidman. That's really impressive. I noticed one of the shots from one of the trailers which didn't quite look right for some reason is no longer there. Nice to see that sorted. But I loved the colours. The yellow look of the bush scenes, the orange tones in the Coruscant scenes. Actually, the look of the film reminded me of Farscape. Similar scenery perhaps.

I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed the music aswell which complemented the visuals really well.

Will there be any chance of you guys doing another film, or are you all too burnt out after this one?

17. Jedi_Master_dude

Jedi_Master_dude Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2001
    Just Downloading now!

18. DarkLordofSmith

DarkLordofSmith Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    I'm downloadong it right now only 4 1/4 hours to go.

But I will say that I was one of the poeple who started downloading before the link was officially posted.

No, I didn't get in from the boards here, but a question for you.

Which would you prefer people being eager for the film, or when the film is available, that nothing happens, for a few hours?

19. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Excellent work throughout. The space scenes were well done, the costumes looked great, the fight scenes with unarmed Jedi gave us something new, the story and dialogue were well done, and the music was done very well. A lot of hard work went into making this, and it shows.

EDIT: My only constructive criticism that I can think of right now -- might want to break it into segments for easier download. Or offer both the segments and the full length movie (like TROOPS).

20. icicle

icicle Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey vidman.....don't you hate it when you finally get your film released and someone is already asking when you are going to make another? :)

Just kidding really as it is a legitimate question that someone posted above. I just remember on the day that SOD was released someone asked that same question. I was coming off of a 4-5 day encoding marathon which was following a 18 month filming and editing marathon. I didn't even want to think about filming or editing again at that point! :)

I'll be polite and wait until tomorrow to ask you when your next film is coming out! That way you can catch your breath! At least for a minute. :)

I'm looking forward to BA and I am waiting for the download to finish now. Good Luck and Congrats on finishing it. Sometimes that's an accomplishment in itself!

21. Golden-Y

Golden-Y Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 18, 2000
    great film. i like.

above average CG
    good acting (over 90%)
    nice music
    overall, great production

that one bounty hunter kind of reminded me of Star Trek in the way he talked and acted. :D
    also, another scene earlier inside the ship resembled a saturday morning NBC show in terms of the way it appeared on screen. Nothing bad, i'm just saying :p

ok, off to work. this film has made my day.

22. Inkthinker

Inkthinker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2002
    It must be getting a good amount of traffic, the normally speedy server is giving me a mere 20Kb/sec, meaning it will be done in about an hour and a half...

So I'll see it sometime after 6 tonight. I certainly hope it warrants all this rabid enthusiasm... it's certainly the most ambitious fanfilm I've seen in quite some time. Here's hoping it's on par with my favorites!

Congrats to the entire BA crew, making movies is a lot of work, but often worth it in the end. Salud!!

23. AdmiralMowk

AdmiralMowk Jedi Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Good flick. I enjoyed it much. The acting was very good, and the score was amazing. I loved the shot where the Bounty Hunter's ship shot off into hyperspace. I loved the sleazy Imperial guy. For the life of me I can't remember his name. But that one line, where he just kind of rubs Niobe...that was cool.

All in all, a great fan film. Kudos are sent your way.

Peace Out,

Mark "The Admiral" Rosenthal

24. Kydian

Kydian Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2002
    WOW! Simply amazing.

I must go change my shorts. :p

Latah...

25. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    I am removing the posts about the events this morning. I started a new thread about that.

This is Nick Hallam's thread and about his great film.

Great job Nick and thanks for letting us host it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.