main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official BROKEN ALLEGIANCE comments thread

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Lord_Rive, Apr 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    This thread.

Although the way I have my browser set up (with fifty posts per page) we're only on page four anyway...

2. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    my quicktime is SLOW!
    can u make it to a real1 file???
    (i let it qt sit overnight, and it wasen't even 50% done!!)

3. Desann2002

Desann2002 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    About the lightening, wouldnt it be consievable that because of the emotion of the moment (the guy sees his love get shot, he thinks shes dead) so he lets his rage flow, and the lightening flows, its not that only a high ranking Sith should be able to do it, but its about rage, the path to the dark side.

4. Marauder

Marauder Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2001
    Absolutely correct Desann2002. That was how it was conceived originally. If you look at the flow and skill level of the fight scene, initially the apprentices are getting beaten well and truly, Korbain is treating them with contempt.

Then Ruan is taken out after the roll down the hill and Korbain makes his comment that he knows about Calis' pregnancy, cue Calis producing that long tracking flurry of strikes that pushes Thor back. Her anger/fear brings her skill level up.

When she is shot, Ruan sees that and he is so overcome that he was able to tap into the dark side and produce lightning. Its also why he wasn't able to use it again after the explosion/shockwave from the weapon in the tree. Not enough anger/adrenaline to tap into it.

Hence the line of why "the force is merely a tool" and Ruan went to hand-to-hand as he couldn't refocus. He is an apprentice afterall. :)

Hope that clears a few things up.
    Trust me :) this is how Peter and I wrote the scene to be. We did say we had to keep skill levels down in the BTS doco.....

5. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
    Can somebody send e this movie, i can't dee it online :(

6. EremiticWolf

EremiticWolf Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2002
    I liked the movie, very well done. I hope when I finish mine in about a year it will be just as good. :)

7. hypewilliams

hypewilliams Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2002
    Is anyone going to the Star Wars Fan Film Awards on May 12, I am going wanted to know if anyone else will be there, they are televising it on the SCI-FI Channel at 8pm

8. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Actually, um, it's not the same thing...the awards were already given out, they'll just be showing the films, along with a pre-recorded thing by Kevin Smith.

9. Vidman

Vidman Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 2001
    For all the dialup users out there, Azeem should be putting up online soon the smaller, dialup friendly download of Broken Allegiance. Size is 47mb.

Have yet to establish whether we shall do a super high res version and if so how large that file might be. Its really up to Jeff... :)

10. flyingseal

flyingseal Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    Ok here is my reaction on BA :p...

[image=http://www.sportg.com/brian/pics/goodjob.jpg]
    Great movie! gotta love the bounty hunter :D
    What's next? :D...

11. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    no real need for it. I exported the first version to tape and it worked fine.

I can't tie up all the server resources for only a few people. Not fair to everyone else trying to get their film out there.

12. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
  13. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Nick & Co., I hope we did the film justice in the BA review segment of the new DLR. Just be sure to keep the object of Chris' fixation outta the room. ::smirk::

14. DarkLord_Tyrannus

DarkLord_Tyrannus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    3 stars out of 5.

Sorry guys, this movie had one major flaw!

No vader in action, something all of the fans want to see against someone other than ob1 and luke.

Vader was put over as the most powerful yet his apprentices evaded him??? Get Real.

Now a good ending would be like the one I posted about having VADER come down PERSONALLY to inspect the prisoners and the bounty hunter, Vader should have sensed that was coming.

Other than that, great FAN FILM...The acting was mediorcre, but what do you expect, look at LUKE SKYWALKERS ACTING HEHE or Natalie Portmans.

I did get that star trek feeling when the bounty hunter acted and talked.

I could have done with out the ending, which was pretty weak as I stated but the beginning and middle was just great. I cant believe it was just a fan film

:)

15. Vidman

Vidman Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 2001
    If you want to see Vader in action download KnightQuest. It would have been stupid of us to have Vader fighting 2 apprentices in this film -- thats pretty much the plot of KQ!

In reference to the apprentices evading Vader - The Millennium Falcon manages to do it at the end of TESB. And numerous other occasions throughout SW films where the pompousness and overconfidence of the Empire is its undoing. So we are only elaborating on a well established Star Wars theme.

In reference to Vader coming down to the planet, yes you are right, he would have sensed them. One of the reasons the apprentices were able to escape was because Vader wasnt on the landing party. In fact in the early drafts of the script that was going to happen but made for a really depressing ending.

What did you want to see? The apprentices captured and killed for their betrayal? That would have made a very unsatisfying ending.

But I am glad you enjoyed it, despite your nit-picks. You are of course entitled to your opinion.

Happy viewing.

16. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Absolutely, positively, without a doubt, ******G AWESOME!!!!!

ONLY thing I would have changed, is when the bounty hunter is killed, I would have had her put the lightsaber to his chest and ignite it, instead of a blaster...

Other than that, I loved it... absolutely loved it... :D

Indy

17. the_thing

the_thing Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2002
    I've watched it more times than I care to remember so far in my "15 VDU. I went saw it on the big screen a couple of days ago. It's such a cool flick.

18. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    3/5 stars

The CGI scenes were excelent, i give mad props to the CGI team. You had me hooked on the opening scene, great job. Every time something CGI came onto the screen my jaw hit the floor.

However there are way too many problems with the real life actors that drag the film down. The one that I disliked the most was how the makers portrayed Darth Vader as an arrogant fool. He goes around choking people and acting mean but without any real thought to his actions. This is not the cunning yet evil darth vader we know from the films.

The talking scene in the stolen ship was the turning point of the movie from very good to average. The lines wern't that good and the acting was below the level of the lines.

Finally, the coreography of the fight scene was pretty trite. The girl is shot but she magically comes back to life to save the guy? And I am sorry, but the scene where the apretaces trip the bounty hunter with their lightsabers looks like it was done in bullet time. However, I did like the SFX, the exploding things were done nicely, as was the lightsaber rotoscoping.

One last thing, I loved the direction of the scene where the bounty hunter takes off his mask revealing the male aprentice. That was the one part of the film where I went "oh man, they are screwed now" and "Ah, good move aprentice boy!"

One last thing I enjoyed was the quality of the camera you used, I loved how crisp and clean everything was.

Good Job! Thank you for making this film! If you learn from the mistakes of this film and your next will be legendary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.