main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO OFFICIAL BUSINESS

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by RavLoc_Vos, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

I wanted to make sure that we talked about some things before the Party Gets Started.....You know what I mean.

1) All the votes are officially counted and all positions are filled.

2) We have a set week for our monthly meetings.
    3) Costuming and fight nights are set.
    4) Priorities as far as events for the SCFF
    5) Adding to the name and board design.
    6) Banner and Flyers

Anything else you can think of PLEASE let me know.
    Lets start the year off on the Right Foot. Hooray for the SCFF!! Later Days...

2. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I think you pretty much covered it. I might want to talk about the C3 caravan, too. The travel planning needs to start asap.

3. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Just wondering what everyones schedules are looking like over the next few weeks. I think an unofficial January Dinner Meeting would be beneficial. There is stuff to discuss, especially with C3 just around the bend.

If you're not planning on attending the RmFF meeting on January 22nd, and dont frequent their boards, let me know and I will make sure you get the minutes...lots of stuff affecting us all will be discussed then, I am sure.

4. RavLoc_Vos

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

If there is anything that anyone else thinks is official business, This is the place to voice it. We need to start putting priorities in order. I know the Birrers were working on a banner, did you guys ever come up with anything and do you know anyone who can help us get one up and running for the group? I think that will be one of the big things to get down. I have 2 different guys working on patches. Do we want to try to get shirts done again?? And do we want to get any of this BEFORE C3???? I know I ask a lot buts thats my job. I NEED everyone to help our new CR as much as possible. Lets get this ball rolling, and make a name for us not only in Pueblo, but in Colorado and beyond. I know if we work on this together in our own ways and as a group we can do anything. Lets alleviate as much Stress as possible off of our Baby Rancor. Let me know what everyone thinks and has to say. Later days...

5. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    What with the limited amount of time we have before C3, and because we will be seeing each other bi-weekly or more for costuming and planning for said con, I think one of the items of official business on Sunday should be to postpone all official monthly meetings until after the convention. It seems redundant and interest in gatherings that are "strictly business" seems to be waning as we all head into crunch time.

The Rmff are combining their March and April meetings into one meeting the first weekend in March...and it is scheduled to take place here, so again...the idea of a seperate meeting til after C3 seems a little silly.

Just a thought.

6. RavLoc_Vos

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

Thank God for that, My time is severely cramped as it is. I second the motion. I will have a banner printout for the meeting for everyone to look at. See ya Sunday. Later Days...

7. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    any other official business for Sunday?

8. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I think one of the main items of business discussed today was the charity event screening.

This is being organized through the 501st and RMFF and I believe it's only open to 501st and RMFF members. So...if ya wanna get involved through the FF, the best bet is to become active in the RMFF as well as the SCFF. There's a few of us that are active in both FF groups, but I believe it takes attending 3 meetings, or spamming the board to a healthy extent before you're considered an actual member. :D

It was my understanding that part of the hoo-hah about the re-vamping of the SCFF was to give people in the southern region who couldn't make it to Denver all the time a group to participate in. Stuff happens up north as well as down here, but the event planning takes place with whatever group is in the respective area. I don't think the CR or Co-CR of one FF should have to relay a separate set of event information back and forth -- if a person wants to be involved, they need to be active with the actual people organizing an event.

Just...thought...I should try to explain that after having had a couple hours to think about it.

Did that make sense? JGoC might want to elaborate or tell me I'm just on crack, or SS might want to jump in since he's CR of the FF the event is taking place through.

In other words, somebody won't just be able to show up and say, "Hi, I'm with the costumed freaks -- let me in." The event organizers will need notification of your involvement weeks ahead of the event, and being involved in the group prior to the event with prevent them from saying, "Esscuse me? And why should I put your name down so you can get in?"

9. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    The meeting scheduled for April 2nd has been moved to Denver. It will be the last meeting before E3. Be there, be square or call it a day and have a coldy.

10. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Who is planning on attending the meeting up north? Not all of you post up there, I'm looking for a ride, so I thought I'd ask...you know, weigh the options?

lol

11. RavLoc_Vos

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

I am going Mistress, my family is not, so if you need a ride let me know. It will be me, myself and me. Let me know. Later days...

12. RavLoc_Vos

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

Is anyone for sure on the 2 different costume contests for C3. I was thinking of doing the acting one. But I need someone to work with. Let me know.

Later Days...

13. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Well, the pagent is full now. So you wouldn't be able to do that anyway.

14. RavLoc_Vos

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

How did I know that you would say that??
    Later Days...

15. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Need to think about whether or not we want to stick to the first weekend of the month...that would be next weekend.

Elections will be in June, so we need to talk about that. Any other official business?

16. JediKnightAlestor

JediKnightAlestor Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2004
    Are we still doing the meetings on the first of the month or what?

JEDI KNIGHT ALESTOR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.