Spok, WA Official By-Laws of the Spokantina and current officers

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Earwen_Lightrider, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    The Official By-Laws of The Spokantina
    Spokane's Chapter of the Star Wars FanForce

BY- LAWS

Article I. Name
    The name of this organization shall be The Spokantina.

Article II. Purpose
    The Spokantina is an official Star Wars FanForce Chapter through theforce.net made up of people who enjoy the Star Wars films and their various spin-offs. The Spokantina was created in order to give Star Wars fans in the Spokane area a chance to socialize and engage in activities such as collecting expeditions, movie outings, game nights, costuming, props, conventions, expanding our knowledge of the Star Wars Universe, participating in charitable volunteer efforts, and to encourage the next generation of Star Wars fans. The group was brought together through their love of everything Star Wars. Since we are an internet based group, most of our communication is done through our message forum on theforce.net.

Article III. Policies
    ? The Spokantina is not affiliated in any way with Lucasfilm, Ltd. or its subsidiaries.
    ? The Spokantina holds a strict policy on discrimination. The group does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or physical handicap.

Article IV. Membership
    Membership is open to all interested persons, regardless of gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, or physical handicap. The basic membership requirement is an active interest in Star Wars and signing the group?s by-laws. All active members have full voting privileges. Active members are also eligible to serve as officers of the club. And they have the right to attend all club meetings and activities. Active membership constitutes attending meetings and actively participating in the planning process for events. A member is in good standing when they actively participate in club meetings, keeps communication open, shows an effort to assist in planning, and keep a balance of meetings and activities.
    Article V. Funding
    SUBMITTING ITEMS FOR DONATIONS
    1. Any member can offer a donation item to the club for consideration, we can decide whether we vote on its inclusion or just allow all items anyway. Please note that no one is obligated to donate to your suggestion. A submitting member may remove an item for consideration at any time, but only if it has not received any donations.
    2. There will be five or less items up for donation at a time. The recording (treasurer) officer will be in charge of the donation funds.
    3. Items submitted must have a specific amount of money as a goal, and documentation must be provided as to the actual cost of the item. Items will be purchased by the club, not by members for the club.
    4. A member can submit an item they made for the group (example: the cantina table John made or the signs Chris is making for the RadCon table), or an item purchased for the group. There is no guarantee that the club will want to purchase this item, and making items just to try to sell to us is discouraged. Please see "special pots" for other rules.

DONATING TO AN ITEM'S POT
    1. While donations will be anonymous to the group the recording officer records who donated what. Donations are recorded for use in the event that the donation pot does not meet its goals and is rolled over into the Galaxy Pot. Please see the "special pot" section below.
    2. All donations will be given to the recording officer, who will credit the donation to the item of your choice, and these funds will be directly deposited into the club account.
    3. The records officer will then contact the webmaster to update the donation graphics on the website and on the physical graphs.
    4. All donations are NON-REFUNDABLE, no exceptions. Therefore, please donate carefully. If a member should leave the group, donations will not be refunded. Also keep in mind that you run the risk of having your specific donation rolled into the Galaxy Pot (see below) if your goal is not met. No complaining if this happens!
    5. Non-members or visitors can feel free to donate to a pot, but the donation remains non-refundable.

2. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    Current Elected Officers are as follows:

President:
    Kelli also known as Eledaia

Recording Officer:
    Reanna also known as Padmaye

Recruitment Officer:
    Steve also known as Bayard_Lem

Webmaster:
    John also known as JarusSarn

Chapter Representative:
    Erich also known as Damarin_of_the_Way

Please direct any position specific questions to the holder of that position.
  3. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not sure when you guys want to handle amendments and such, but the only real thing that sticks out at me that might need amending is this portion:

and I'm going to suggest that it be amended to read

because the phrase "While no alcohol will ever be served to a minor by the club" almost sounds like "we'll be drinking, but we won't serve it to minors... I just think it needs clarification... it's too open for interpretation with it's current wording. Other than that, it looks pretty good to me. I'm in the process of adding it to the "Info" page on the website right now, and I'll be updating the "Contact" page soon with the new leadership info.
  4. The_Cheeser Force Ghost

star 3
    There have been some changes here. Can we have an updated list? (Reanna is missed, and Nat shall be missed.)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.