main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official C2 Exclusive Figure Discussion

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by YodaJeff, Apr 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I realize that there is a poll on what you think the exclusive figure will be, but this is where you can discuss the exclusive figure and what you think about it.

RebelScum is announcing that the Official Site will update with information on the exclusive figure tonight.

SirStevesGuide.com has already updated with images of what they claim to be the figure.

Their full story is at:
    http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=31&show_article=147
    (copy and paste due to long URL)

Here's a quote from Sir Steve's:
    "Jorg Sacul (Rebel Pilot)! You may be saying, "Who is that?" Well, when you take a close look at the pictures, Jorg Sacul looks an awfully like some other man with a grey beard. Perhaps George Lucas? Jorg (George) Sacul (Lucas spelled backwards)"

They also have a couple if OK images of the front and back of the carded figure. It looks like our exclusive figure is George Lucas himself.

What do you think of the figure? Will you be buying one?

EDIT:
    The Official Site has confirmed the figure, although it doesn't come out and say that it is George Lucas. Read their story and see a picture here.

EDIT 2:
    From the Official Site
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2002/04/img/celebrationfigure.jpg] [image=http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2002/04/img/sacul_front_bg.jpg]
    Here's a section of the news article:

... exclusively available on the primary market at Star Wars Celebration II, May 3-5 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis. While the figure has been produced in extremely limited numbers compared to other action figures, there will be plenty available for collectors. The figure is priced at $10, and will be limited to two per purchase. Quantities will be apportioned for each day of the show in the Celebration II store to insure that attendees will be able to buy the figure, which will be on a special Celebration II logo card with the Commander's biography on the back.

Be sure to read the full story here

2. kenneth1138

kenneth1138 Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2000
    DUDE your right ,,and if you do spell his name back words it is so damn close to GL its not funny

3. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    The description on the back of the card even mirrors Lucas' life so far. Very cool figure!!!

4. kenneth1138

Aug 31, 2000
    I GOTZ TO HAVE ONE!!!!,,but i would really suck if this was some kinda joke ,,i really would like to see a Lucas Jedi complete with Flannel Light Saber

5. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    It's no joke. The official site just updated with the news. Read their story and see their pictures here

6. kenneth1138

Aug 31, 2000
    Yep Your right again ,,and the price is not bad at all ,,$10 bucks

7. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    Price?! There's a price?!!

I thought damned thing was a gift to attendees?! :mad:

Well, now I know what to put in what would you say to GL thread. >:E

8. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    "A gift to all attendees." [face_laugh]

I guess you haven't heard all attendees must pass a credit check just to enter. ;)

9. Obi-Kaufman

Obi-Kaufman Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    I had been telling everybody for years that they needed to make a GL action figure. When the "exclusive figure" at the Celebration came about, I jokingly told my friends that it was the great flanneled one himself. Not thinkging that it would actually happen!!!! You could only imagine how I felt when I pulled up the announcement...I almost fainted! Definitely worth the entire trip!! OK, maybe not, but this is going to make it all the more spectacular!

10. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    2 I must have, yes!!

One to save, and the other, I will open. Oh if only my X-Wing wasn't in storage back in Iowa, George would be flying around the roomwith my eye doing those amazing camera shots and dizzying myself out! But imagine Jorg Sacul interacting with your Star WArs figures. Now we need a Kirc Mullaccm figure.

11. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    "Now we need a Kirc Mullaccm figure."

Just think if it came with a CommTech chip... Now that would be "*****n' awesome"!
    :D

12. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm thoroughly satisfied. I'll buy at least 2. Anxious to see what he looks like under the helmet. Finally we know why they did the realscan of Lucas that was leaked on CollectStarWars.com last year. And I really like the schpiel on the cardback about the T-16 crash. Clever. I'm also glad Sacul did not rate a Porkins body... [face_mischief]

13. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    When I first saw this I was very angry, as the figure was supposed to be George Lucas, not some EU pilot I never heard of....

...then I kept reading, and the universe was set back in correct alignment. ;)

14. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    My opinion...it's perfect. Celebration II is commemorating the first 25 years of Star Wars. It's a salute to all aspects of the Star Wars Universe. What's the one thread which connects all these aspects? Jorg Sacul!

I'll see you in line!

Carolyn

15. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I'll get 2 of these, one to keep safe, another to open.

16. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    I was reading the post on the official site and was trying to figure out how many is the maximum anybody could potentially get.

"While the figure has been produced in extremely limited numbers compared to other action figures, there will be plenty available for collectors. The figure is priced at $10, and will be limited to two per purchase. Quantities will be apportioned for each day of the show in the Celebration II store to insure that attendees will be able to buy the figure"

"Per purchase"? does that mean if I go in several times I can get two on each trip? not likely...

"apportioned for each day"...at least people going on only one or two days will still have a chance

I wonder if they will do it, 2 per Celebration badge....maybe punch a little hole on your badge if you already got your 2 figures? Seems like the most likely way they could do it to ensure it is really 2 per customre.

But I guess then somebody going for 2 days can get 4?

What do you all think?

17. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    I read this last night and was dissapointed that 1, it wasn't Lucas, and 2 that I had never heard of this pilot that was supposedly so important. I even pulled out the SW encyclopedia to look up this person and found him no where. Then it dawned on me that it was Lucas spelled backwards. Duh! I will definitely get 2 of this figure!

18. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    It says two per purchase, and I'm pretty sure that's what it means. If you really wanna keep standing in line buying these guys (scalper!), there isn't really anything they can do to stop you. That's why they have some alloted for each day, so that if they sell out of all of them on Friday, you'll still have a chance to go on Saturday or Sunday and buy a couple.

This is similar to the book give-away that they have. As long as you put the one bag of books in your vehicle, they have no way of knowing that you already were there.

19. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "When I first saw this I was very angry, as the figure was supposed to be George Lucas, not some EU pilot I never heard of...."

LOL, me too, Seb. :p

Oh, and I'm getting 2. One to keep nice and in it's packaging, one to play with. :D

20. AlderaanOnline

AlderaanOnline Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2002
    The choice of Lucas as a figure is great, but what sucks is that you cannot see his face with that danged helmet on.

I'm sure that was planned, becuase most collectors don't open their figures they'll be forced to buy one to keep and one to open just to see George's face!

What a clever way to get people to spend more money!

21. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Oh yes! That's always fun! Let's use every little instance to make it seems like George is "forcing" more money out of us! That's always fun!

C'mon guys, join in!

22. AlderaanOnline

AlderaanOnline Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2002
    Hey, I never said I wouldn't buy it, I'm glad it's a GL figure and I'll be right there buying two of them. Yeah, 'force us to buy' is probably not the best phrase to use, but 'encourage us to buy' certainly fits.

But let's not be naive and think that these decisions are not influenced by the almighty dollar. George would be a fool not to milk this franchise for everything he can.

23. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Anybody know how to sell stuff on eBay? [face_laugh]

I'm just curious, this has nothing to do with this figure you're discussing. Honest. :D

24. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    Do you remember how many "exclusive" Toy Fair Vaders showed up on e-bay after it was supose to have been such a limited number? I expect to see these on e-bay on Friday night if not sooner. Not that I will have access to the internet or even really care. Damn I keep reading these posts and I'm going to have to get on my soapbox about scalpers and how scummy and pathetic they are.

25. 3rdamention

3rdamention Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    I think this is a great figure. I cant wait to get mine. But who is to stop someone from picking up 2 of them every single day? Are they going to stamp your pass or somthing? I am confused as to its availability.

But if they stamped you, that would suck for those who bought a pass vs. 3 seperate 1 day passes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.