main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL: C4 Is The Bomb Thread: C4 in LA, May 24-28 2007

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMedialine

DarthMedialine Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    Sebulba:

I was the one who ORIGINALLY POSTED these dates...saying I called them. (over a month ago)lol My topic was then crossed through and you told me I needed to stay on this one. *sighs* lol

~Darth Medialine~

2. Anakinsaprentice

Anakinsaprentice Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2004
    At last!!...Finally, we have the official announcement..I really didn't care where it was. (Well, o.k. I was hoping it would be in Vegas). I'm going to try my best to get there!!..L.A. here I come!!

3. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    :( I am sorry to hear that you won't be able to come for the full time, Jen, but a few days will be better than none!

4. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Well, I won't be able to make it. But, I hope you all have fun! :D

5. LadyLessa

LadyLessa Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2005
    I won't be able to go either. Hope everyone has a good time!

6. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    Im going to be there with bells on (shoulder bells from my armour;) )
    Cant wait...a year is such a long time

7. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    All I'm gonna say is "told ya so".

Looking forward to meeting everyone there!

8. woppo

Sep 30, 2004
    What took you so long??;)

9. Doctor_Evil

Doctor_Evil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2002
    5 DAYS!

Awesome!

As for the continual shortsightedness of certain people bemoaning the LA location... Well you can't please everyone. In fact, after pricing flights, I can get a flight from the east coast for only $35 more than I paid for Indy. So it seems to me if you are willing to do a little research that should not be the deal breaker. I realize that many people will be priced out just because they cannot drive to a given location, because they can't afford to fly at all. Unfortunately there will be people in this situation NO MATTER WHERE C4 IS HELD! In fact, as much as the Anti-LA faction does not want to hear it, the drive up traffic for C4 will probably be much greater than C3. So much so, that even without a new movie to hype, attendance could very well be as good or better than C3.

The only real gripe I have about LA is that it appears there is only one hotel within walking distance. But I'll get over it :)

-Doc

10. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    It might be a tad hard to find hotel rooms during Memorial Day weekend in LA. Just a guess.

11. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Sorry, just got home... dumb job keeps me away from here. I'm gonna quit.

Oh wait then I can't afford to go... darn system!

12. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I AM SO P . O'd right now.

13. woppo

Sep 30, 2004
    Im sure Gen Con will book blocks of hotel rooms like they did for C3.

14. Doctor_Evil

Jun 23, 2002
    I don't think so.(Just my guess) What would make Memorial Day any more popular in LA than any other day? If you are trying to get a hotel near the beach, then yes, but why would the "Regular" hotels do much more business than any other day? I don't see LA proper (Again, not the beach areas) being much of a long weekend destination. LA seems like more of a regular, week or so vacation destination if you are going to go there for a vacation.

Just my 2 cents. From what I have researched, LA has no lack of hotel space. You'll just have to rent a car or use alot of taxi's, which could be very expensive and a pain in the arse! LA also seems to have a metro train system and if I read it correctly, there is a station within walking distance of the convo center. That helps.

And with all the "Freaks" in California, I'll bet a blue-skinned Twi'Lek on the metro train would not even get a second look out there ;)

-Doc

15. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    8-} I live near to Los Angeles. Not too near but I don't have to take a plane to go.

I am taking my son who is now old enough to go. [face_dancing]

Wow one thing. Is too many days for a celebration. :eek: Still is going to be great.

16. BADKARMAJMC333

BADKARMAJMC333 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2004
    YES, YES, YES ! I just read the C4 announcement and I can't wait. See yall there!

17. Doctor_Evil

Jun 23, 2002
    Well, you don't have to go to every day. I'll bet the "Fan Club Only" day won't have as much scheduled as the rest. And I'll bet Monday will be a half day, like the last day of C3 was.

Some knuckleheads (like me!) will go for all days, but I'm sure that many folks will do the Fri, Sat, Sun thing and have just as much fun.

Five days might be too much for a small child, but it's just fine for me ;)

-Doc

18. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I GOTTA do all five man....

[face_hypnotized]

19. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    He is almost a teenager. :p You don't have any idea how much he likes SW. [face_mischief] Is 10 right now.

20. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    I guess the policy from C2 & C3 of having Star Wars Celebration in a relatively safe & centralized location within a day's drive of almost anywhere in the continental U.S. was thrown out the window. [face_thinking] I have heard that that part of town isn't the safest area in L.A. either. Is that true? Either way, I'm going to have to bow out of this one. I would be surprised if it is as successful as the previous two Celebrations anyway since it is not in conjunction with a prequel release as its predecessors were. Yes, its the 30th Anniversary of Episode IV, but its not the same. I've been to both C2 & C3 & had a blast. The convenience of the location being less than a half a days drive enticed me to attend C3. Oh, well. Have fun on the left coast people! [face_peace]

21. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I think it will still be big no matter what. As for the location, LA is as safe as any other big city. I have been there and the only thing you have to watch out for is weird people, ecentric people. When I was there, there was a guy walking around in underware, fishnet stalkings and high heels, that is exactly what to expect. However, if you ignore them they wont bother you. LA is a nice place to visit, besides it is close to all the celebrities homes which means a bigger turnout for autographs.

Hope to see ya there!!!

22. DarthTiki

DarthTiki Jedi Master

May 16, 2002
    I'm so there, it will be my first Celebration.

23. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    So is it officially official?

looks at sw.com

Nevermind . . . newlywed brain here 8-}

OK, now to get my entire family there so I can renew my vows with my husband there and have a SW wedding. :D

24. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    Cool Jada!:) Make sure I'm there, I wouldn't want to miss it!

Finally a celebration I can make it too![face_dancing]

25. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    As a Costumer, I'm looking forward to being close to the fabric district in Downtown, saves me a trip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.