main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL: C4 Is The Bomb Thread: C4 in LA, May 24-28 2007

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    First the Crap DVD news last week ( NO 16X9,1993 transfer) and now this!
    I guess holding it in LA was convenient for Lucasfilm ,but its not for 90% of the world.
    Why O why do I love the`?

2. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    I was hoping for a location more centralized or even on the east coast; however, this gives me an excuse to finally visit California. I loved C3 (was there for only 2 days), and I know I'll have even more fun at C4. I'll be saving up for this trip, cannot wait!!!

3. chibiangi

chibiangi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    That is just ignorant. LA is far more convenient for people seeing as LAX is a hub airport with cheaper rates. It is also easier for international travelers as they won't have to change flights multiple times just to fly into podunkusville. Just because you can't drive there doesn't mean it is inconvenient for 90% of the world.

As for the comments that LA is full of freaks Not necessary

LA is no different than any other large city other than you will have to rent a car if you want to go anywhere outside of the Downtown area where there isn't much of anything. The immediate business portion of Downtown is pretty safe because it is entirely vacant after about 5pm.

I would think some people would be excited to extend their vacation to a full week or more in order to go to some of the theme parks like Universal, Disneyland, or Knott's, the beaches, the fantasic museums (like the free Getty center), the individual style of the many cities surrounding the area (old town Pasadena, Long Beach, etc), the SHOPPING (Santa Monica Promenade, Bev Hills & Rodeo Dr), or the awesome food of every ethnicity right at your every whim, etc. There is a ton of really fun things to do in LA, if not just people watch (yay freaks!)

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Enough with the location bashing here. No decision could have pleased everyone, that's all there is to it. There are advantages and disavantages to every place.

5. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I apologize if I made someone feel uncomfortable about the comments I made about the "weird, ecentric" people in LA. I am not saying that all people in LA are like that, I was just trying to say that, that is the worst you could run into. I love LA and I have a great deal of family in LA and they are completely normal. Sorry if I offended anyone.

LA is like any big city...I think people are making a mountain over a mole hill about LA being a bad place.

I agree with making this into an extended vacation. I will be staying for 10 days, to visit family, soak up some rays and waves, and go sightseeing. Now I know that not all people can afford this, but if you make a trip as far as this it pays to see it all while you are there. You will not regret it!!!

6. Jedivampire

Jedivampire Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2004
    Amidala081499 its okay don't worry. [:D]

We all are weird too since we are SW fans. 8-}

7. chibiangi

Jun 16, 2002
    So you edit my post which makes a VALID point about stereotypes but allow all the LA bashing posts in?

Nice. *rolls eyes*

8. Jedivampire

Sep 11, 2004
    Going back to the C4 in LA. ;)

Oh my oh my.. Five days. [face_dancing] of SW. I can't wait.

I am wondering why five days? :confused:

9. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    Why not 5 days?
    A lot of people said that 4 was not long enough

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    No, your post was meant to insult, the other was not. That's the difference.

11. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Jedivampire & my other fellow Star Wars fans,

I think they extended the Celebration to 5 days because someone read my mind at C3.

On Day 4, (or, perhaps, it was the night of Day 3,)I remember being very sad that C3 was coming to an end. I was dreading having to leave Indy soon. I thought, "Celebrations should be 5 days long. Four days is just too short."

I'm glad someone was Force-listening.

And the idea of the Star Wars store being open every hour of the convention? = priceless.

May the Force be with us.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com << Features 9 pages of C3 photos in the Gallery section with 2 more pages to come!!!!!!!!!

12. Jedivampire

Sep 11, 2004
    No what I tried to say that .... I am happy about having five days of SW. :D

8-}

13. LadyLessa

LadyLessa Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2005
    I am not bashing LA, I just can't afford to go there. It is a 5 day drive for me or would cost me at least 1600 to 2000 to just fly my family and I out there. Then add the cost of the tickets, hotel room & eating for 6 days. I thought the Celebrations were supposed to be more centrally located. I would love to go to LA but unforuntely I can't. I do hope everyone that goes has a blast.

14. chibiangi

Jun 16, 2002
    No, it wasn't because it specifically stated "don't stereotypes suck?" That would imply, actually it just flat out states that making stereotypes is wrong whether it is about LA or the Midwest. I don't think I should have to explain that making a stereotype to show how illustrate how the many stereotypes thrown at LA just look stupid. Intent means nothing if the bottom line is that it is offensive. If I make jokes about someone's accent or race even if I don't intend it be offensive, it still is.

15. Jedivampire

Sep 11, 2004
    LadyLessa:( can you find a SW group and share the room cost?

There ares many deals about taking a plane. I live in CA and when I went to Indianapolis I paid only $600 dollars but I was by myself. I see you have a big familiy, and you have to pay all the cost. By train there several discounts. The problem is you and your familiy will be stuck in the train for 2 days.

chibiangi I think that the subject should let it go. You explained last night. My two cents. ;)

16. LadyLessa

LadyLessa Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2005
    Having an extended family is the main problem. If it was just my husband and I we probably would go. But my family includes my daughter and my 2 grandchildren. I knew if it was in LA I probably wouldn't get to go. I really am disappointed but I did get to go to CII and CIII. I had a blast there.

17. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Now that the date is confirmed, I think that it's a good chance that I'll be able to make this one - it's right after exams for me, not right in the middle of them, like I'd thought before.

18. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Even though most of my two fanforces will not be going, I plan to have a blast. I am taking the girlfriend and we are making a great vacation out of it. Since it is in LA, she is more excited... maybe even thinking of doing a costume. :cool:

19. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I'm going to ask the other half to come over with me, but it may be too much for him. Still there should be a few of us from the UK so I wont be alone

20. Lily_Skywalker

Lily_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2002
    I really want to go but I have to wait and see how the money pans out first hopefully soon I will have a job and a steady flow of cash into my account and the date is way after graduation so that is one roadblock I don't have to face. I also worry about being able to afford an L.A hotel room

21. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    My excitement [face_dancing] over this impending event is overshadowing the excitement I should be feeling about my upcoming vacation to San Diego and Coronado Island.[face_frustrated]

I don't know why.[face_hypnotized]

someone talk me down..........:-B

22. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Its a year away. Relax.

[Qui-Gon]Focus on the present.[/Qui-Gon]

;)

23. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    *assumes lotus pose*

ohm, ohm, ooohhmm

24. jedimelis

jedimelis Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    My complaint about Indianapolis, there was NO PLACE besides the hotels to get beer... and for the most part that place was incredibly BORING...

I have been to LA.. wouldn't want to live there. liked the weather.... lots to do.... better choice.

25. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    I had no problem buying beer. LOL I am very excited for this celebration!!!! This will be a blast. My friends and I will be taking a road trip to Disney land after C4! I am happy that it is much closer to where I live! CHEAPER!!! wohooo!!!! [face_rofl] See you all there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.