main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL: C4 Is The Bomb Thread: C4 in LA, May 24-28 2007

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    May 23-37

Wow! That's a long convention.

2. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
  3. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    You get my hopes up and then just crush them underfoot. :( :_| :_|

On the more serious note, I'm guessing that it means some of us better start doing some searching and chatting about which hotel we all book rooms at.

4. quigonjaf1961

quigonjaf1961 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2006
    Hi everybody i am a newbie and i am a fan from the UK
    2 Things firstly if this rumour is kosher and it is anounced,would someone like to room with me if my friend cant make it ? Secondly where can i get a good Jedi Knight costume i came to C3 and didnt dress up and this time i would like to any ideas everybody ?

5. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    Here's a link to the convention center:

http://www.lacclink.com/

I wish it was back in Indy.. but if it's in LA, then so be it.

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I think I'm going to try for the Sheraton or Hilton, they are expensive but close.

Sorry Dingo [:D]

7. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Anyone have a list of close hotels?

8. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    This is the page that's linked from the convention centre, just check the downtown box.

Personally I think that the Quality Inn sounds like a good spot to stay. Sheraton and Hilton I think are a bit out of my league when it comes to pricing.

edit/ oops forgot the link at first

9. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    I am still taking this runor with a grain of salt. It seems unlikely a LA convention Center evet dept/phone line would be allowed to announce something like that if the contract is 100% final and Lucasfilm has always been secretive about anything star wars until they are ready to announce it. If it does come true! I can tell you lots of people won't be coming that went to CI, CII, and CIII because of transportation costs. Gen Con was briefly mentioned by the person on the phone who I talked to when I called LA convention center. I called the event director myself and he said no Lucasfilm representative has talked to them about doing a Celebration IV. He also said if a contract happens it will be posted on their website at gencon.com and at starwars.com.

10. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I'm pretty sure, given the bad blood between GenCon & LFL at C3, it's highly unlikely GenCon will have anything to do with C4...maybe they worked things out, but most people who I've talked to with ties to LFL seem to politely say GenCon is out, but that was a long while ago.

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Joe, why are you harping on this? There is nothing we can do to stop it if it's in LA or not. We all want C4 in our backyards or near enough to that, but it's just not going to happen. No matter where they have it, it will be inconvienent to a good portion of the Fandom, plain and simple. Lucasfilm will choose the location they want and it doesn't matter what we think or what we say on here. It's just not our call.

You don't have to believe the rumor, that's up to you, but please quit raining our parade with it. Any or all of the people we talked to may be lying to not have all the facts. We don't know! Things aren't going to be posted until all of the ducks are in a row, you can believe that. Maybe they are still working on other details so no one is announcing it yet.

12. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    AND I am quite certain that lot's of people who could not go when it was in Indy or CO due to transportation costs from where they live will go if it is in LA or Cali

So it will all even out in the end, no worries that Lucas will lose any money by having CIV in CA.

13. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I completely disagree with that. In my opinion it is far cheaper for the country to fly/drive to a central location like Indy rather than the whole country flying to LA. Having the convention in LA doesn't leave the rest of the country a choice it's going to be pretty much you fly there or don't go. Not to mention the cost of living is considerably higher in LA than in Indy. So meals, transportation, and hotels are going to be more expensive, keeping the people who just barely could fit it in thier budget for Indy at home for this one.

I'm going to wait for the official announcement and see what kind of deals the fan club is offereing before I make up my mind totally before I say I'm going one way or the other.

14. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Yep! It's a hella shorter flight, conceivably a drive (I'd do a OW drive then fly) for those of us on this end of the universe.

15. QueenAmidalaEP1

QueenAmidalaEP1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    Celebration is not a USA only convention, it's international. People are coming in from all over the world and there is NO central location. It's much easier for the people that fly in from Hawaii, Japan, Philippines to travel to LA. It's much easier for the people that fly in from UK, Europe to travel to east coast (where it will not be).

No matter where LFL holds the convention, some people will have to travel further then others to attend (or make the choice to not attend).

So the whole INDY is in the center argument is a fallacy.

16. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    Okay, I have been lurking here and well for a better lack of terms I'm not happy about the rumor either. The one thing that hasn't been asked or said is: what about the crime in LA? Sorry I'm not trying to dis LA, but have they cleaned up the crime in LA in the past years? I don't know about anyone else, but I don't want to stand out overnight if the crime in LA is still bad. I've been checking out the LA convention center and it looks like a nice place to hold C4.

17. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    You do know that Indy isn't on the east coast don't you? I still disagree about the centrality argument. Connecting flights for people both coming from Asia and Europe would be beneficial for a Indy C4. It would bring down the average travel expenses per person. Making it more of an even playing field. Also I am not really looking at this from a outside the US point of view since this is a con that is held in the US. If the Celebration conventions traveled to other locations outside the US I wouldn't be complaining.

I also think that crime is another good thing to bring up. But hey Indy really wasn't the safest place either once you left the city center.

18. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Folks, speculation about L.A. aside, C4 CANNOT be held in Indianapolis in 2007 because the Indy convention center already has conventions and meetings booked for April and May, 2007 that use rooms that Celebration has used in the past and would need again. Just check the Indy CC calendar for yourself! Oh yeah, and before you get all giddy that Memorial Day weekend is available -- need I remind you that the Indianapolis 500 is that weekend? So, no hotel rooms, OK?

19. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Personally I do not think it is a very good idea to be outside overnight in any city, but if you really want to compare crime rates, Los Angeles actually has a lower ratio of many crimes: crime ratio comparison

Any big city is going to have crime...it is smart to just use caution wherever you are.

20. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I've been told privately that GenCon is running C4, and working hard to fix the problems of C3, so just ignore my previous post.

21. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    To be fair,

I lived 8 years of my life in Los Angeles County and, personally, never ran into trouble. I made sure to keep to myself & not look for trouble.

I agree with NaboosPrincess that it's not a good idea to walk in any city at night. At least, not alone. IF C4 happens in L.A. (or anywhere), I hope people will be in groups of friends. Safety in numbers as they always say.

Doing things like keeping your car doors locked (whether or not you are driving or leaving your car parked), not having cash out (and counting it) in the open for potential muggers to see, moving about with safety partners can all help to keep you safe.

To the L.A.C.C. staff's credit, though, I'm guessing they WILL have adequate security personnel around.

I hope the safety issue won't be what turns people away from C4 if it is in L.A.. I can understand if people can't afford to go, for one reason or another. I just hope the image of L.A. as a dangerous place won't turn fans away.

I wonder if it will be any attraction that Mr. Lucas's film school alma mater (U.S.C.) is a short drive away from the L.A. Convention Center. I'm thinking some hard-core Star Wars fans might want to see where he studied film. I don't know what the visitor/guest policy is on the campus, though.

MTFBWY.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

22. joesdomain

Feb 14, 2006
    Hehehehe, I think it is funny that theforce.net forums are so 100% dead set that L.A. Convention Center will be the site. Rumors have been flying around couple of days about this and no Lucafilm representative came out to say yes or no about the rumors.

I checked the Indiana Convention Center calender for 2007 and they have 3 and 4 day periods open for a potential event. When people check that site that naturally assume to check around Memorial Day weekend or around the day Star Wars came out. Previous Celebrations always occured a few weeks before the movie came out. It doesn't have to be in May, 2007.

Centrality has the top reason Steve Sansweet on the starwars.com website when they chose Ci, CII, and CIII. There is no reason to believe they should change.

Rumors, Speculation, Heresay, Conjecture and the internet..... Hahaha!

I am wondering if they will make the announcement at E3 in May.

23. JediKataraDodonna

JediKataraDodonna Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2006
    Wow, the first thing I would do if it's in LA is complain. Not that it would make any difference. But I would feel better voicing my opinion. I would still try and go. But I would be LIVID if it was in LA.

24. joesdomain

Feb 14, 2006
    I am not going to act shocked when they do announce the location. I am free to discuss the Pros and Cons of why LA is a bad choice. Lucasfilm isn't going to listen to just one person. I feel if you can get the majority of the fans to agree on some place central in the US rather than a place that is on the west coast or east coast. that is better!

25. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I imagine that all of your questions will be answered at E3 in May. Which I wish I was going to come to think of it. Dammit!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.