main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL: C4 Is The Bomb Thread: C4 in LA, May 24-28 2007

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    I checked the Indiana convention center calender and it looked like it was updated again. It looks like May 23-June 3, 2007 is open. I don't know if some conventions or organizations backed out or something. There is always hope for Celebration IV in Indy now. Plus event hotline at Indiana Convention Center would not even talk about star wars or gen con when I mentioned. Seems she wanted to avoid the whole two issues when I talked to. She said the only thing I can say is GenCon Indy in August 2006. I asked hr GenCon Indy was listed for 2007 and she wasn't allowed to say anything. Gencon event director gave me the same answers about Indiana Convention and Gencon hosting Star Wars Celebration. This is some good news from my point of view. That means they must be in talks at least and in confidental stage. Indy might still get it yet. :)

2. joesdomain

Feb 14, 2006
    Another thing I saw today on the Indiana Convention Center calendar. Strange though! I looked everywhere on the internet and found no business or event that matched the title. I saw Feb 11, 2007 scheduled for a Celebration Events, LCC then the next event is Feb 21, 2007. That is another possiblity. I mean it is different date than May.

3. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    *sigh*

GET OVER IT! THERE IS NO CELEBRATION IN INDY!

You can be as delusional as you want, but Indy was off the list a long time ago. It was even reported here first from the people in Indy.

We get it, you don't like the California location. Whining about it is not going to change it. Either you can go or you can't. End of story.

Nobody bitches that Dragon*Con is in Atlanta every year, or that San Diego Comic Con is in San Diego. If you want to go to those conventions then you have to take into account how to get there. Same with Celebration. I know lots of people who couldn't go to Celebration 3. It was too far for them, or they had no money, or they couldn't get the time off work. Were they sad they had to miss it? Sure, but they didn't bitch and whine with every post because the situation didn't suit them.

4. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Did you not notice that the areas alloted for "Celebration Events LLC" is only Halls C, D, and E? That wouldn't provide enough space for scores of fans that would be going, and if April has weather that is unpredictable, I can't imagine that February would provide nicer weather.

5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I think you're rainbow chasing here. Those second dates are too soon (Febuary???? Not good for a lot of people and no historical signifigance) and the fact that they didn't even want to TALK about Star Wars or gen con while the folks in LA can barely contain themselves speaks volumes.

Personally, I just want to hear where/when and start planning. In the end it'll be inconvient for some yet on the other hand it may mean others may be able to attend their first Celebration ever.

To be honest. LA seems like a fine choice to me - maybe even Mark will be able to come =P~

*Not to mention a few otheres who would mean =P~=P~=P~

Edit[face_laugh] at Spook and Woofer - and here I am trying to be all diplomatic!!

6. yodakarma

yodakarma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    I have been to all of the Celebrations even the 10th anniversary Con back in 1987. I will go to C4 as well, regardless of location. That said, there is no way a C4 would be in Indy in February. OMG, can you imagine the weather? Snowstorms galore ( possibly ), driving would be a problem, etc. I agree that LA is not official, but it seems more likely than Indy at this point. I just wish they would announce it already[face_praying]

7. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    Its going to be in CA not in the middle of Feb. in Indy.I live in ky and probably will just buy what I want from ebay scalpers which is much cheaper than paying 1,000.00 just for my family to fly there.I cannot think of anything that would even allow c4 to touch c3 I saw everything cool like star wars in 30 minutes and the star wars musical.So enjoy c4 Im going to botcon in lexington ky this year and possibly star wars weekends next year.Florida beats smog any day.Enjoy.

8. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Granted C-3 will be hard to top - I mean, HOW many times did people go back to see the Rick McCallum spectacular?

But C-4 will be amazing in it's own way - I for one can't wait.

9. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    One thing I wonder is if I'll be one of a surprisingly small line to wait to see TPM, though it was cool getting interviewed by ABC News.

As far as who's on the A-List the first two that come to mind are Samuel L. Jackson and Harrison Ford and I'd guess they live in LA but I have clue if they actually do.

Hayden's not quite A-List but may be IMO by the time of C4 but, I'm 99% sure he doesn't live in LA
    Natalie would be A-List especially after V For Vendetta but I have no idea where she lives.

10. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    A-list Schmay List! give me Peter and Jeramy and Sandi and Mark!!!

11. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    Hey, with my rambling in the other post you can give me Ewan McGregor. He's not on the "A-list" nor does he live in LA, and I like him just like that.:D

12. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    About friggin' time.

13. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I agree

Almost mentioned him but the fact that he's known to not live there I neglected to mention him :p

14. sithlard

sithlard Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2004
    In my opinion, there is always hope for it to be in one's desired location until it is officially confirmed where CIV will be. I want it to be in Indy again, but I'm willing to fly to LA if need be.

15. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    Harrison Ford???Yeah right like he would come and if he did the line would be worse than Fisher was at c2.He seems so unpleasant now and diffantly disgruntled towards anything Star Wars.Sam Jackson is almost always busy doing new films.Does Lee live in LA??Now there is an autograph worth its weight in gold.

16. sithlard

Aug 13, 2004
    He seemed just fine on the documentaries on the OT box set. I don't think he had to appear on those documentaries either. It was his choice. He also handed the award for Best Movie (ROTS) for the People's Choice awards to George Lucas. He's stated that he owes his success to these films. I don't think he's disgruntled. He just seems like kind of an impersonal guy, and that's why he comes off as disgruntled. I'm that kind of person, and people mistake me for being disgruntled all the time when I'm really not.

But I agree that Ford probably wouldn't come for autographs. But maybe for an appearance like Lucas did for C3?

I bet they could get Portman, Christensen, Lee, McDiarmid, or (possibly) McGregor if it's in LA. Jackson and Ford might come for an appearance, but that's it I think.

17. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Alright sweetie since you can't get the clue from people who aren't locals. Hi I'm a local. First off stop dreaming about CIV in Indy. Do you know why nothing is booked that weekend?

The Indy 500. It comes every year here people from around the world come here just to watch cars go around in circles. I know it sounds crazy, heck I don't get it myself but people around they love it.

And you know about Gen Con in Indy. I could tell you how long its going to be in Indy cause I know. But I heard it from the man himself and read it on the Gen Con boards. Don't believe me go and look there for yourself.

Then here comes the even bigger flaw in your plans for CIV being in Indy. See we have this football team, the Indianapolis Colts. This team said we want a new stadium or we're leaving. 2007 they plan on being done or close to done building that new stadium and moving on to the Convention Center Expansion. Which all that space you had to deal with for C3 well likely will be restricted area and the such. Depending on when they get started.

Honestly I don't like the idea of it being in LA especially around a time of year that its hard enough for me to get extra money together to began with. So I really don't know if I will or will not be there if it is in fact in LA. Which if you think you can get a straight answer out of the Gen Con people I invite you to come over to those boards and post a thread asking the man who owns Gen Con himself Peter and I can tell you he and pretty much every person on those boards can tell you those same things.

~PK~

18. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    My thoughts on Ford et all - It would be nice but definately not the deal breaker for me.
    I mean, one of the greatest thing about C-3 (actor wise) was walking down the hall and saying "good morning" to Petet and his wife, and hearing tales of Sandi and Gerome partying down for all hours. Dan Logan staning in his own Autograph line with his skateboard was a scream.

These actors were also fans and are people I would LOVE to see again - along with a few thousand of my other fellow freinds and fans. That's what celebration was really all about for me.

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I hope that LA does mean a few more big named stars. The ones at C3 were nice and sweet but for me they were no one to get really excited over. But either way, I'm going for the fans and not the stars when it comes down to it.

20. sithlard

Aug 13, 2004
    Yeah, while I love getting autographs, I love everything else about the Celebration. I do have to admit, though, that it is very surreal seeing the actors in real life. And then you find out they're just people like you (aside from the fact that they have more money), which is awesome.

Yeah, it probably won't be in Indy again, unfortunately. I'll just find a way to get to the con, wherever it may be.

21. joesdomain

Feb 14, 2006
    Pretty funny! Haha! So many people in here take this rumor so serious. You don't see many people at starwars.com message boards talking about this because I have reporting alot of these messages and posts at starwars.com to other people. They are thinking similar to me. This is a another blue harvest tactic to throw off fans. I will be happy if it comes out to be true.

Yeah I know the Indy 500 is on memorial day weekend. It doesn't have to be on the exact day of star wars 30th anniversary. None of the other star wars celebrations happened on the same day of the release of a star wars film.

Such hateful and strong words!

Enough already

22. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    You mean you and the 6 other people that have posted in that thread since April 20? Wonderfully representative.

I'm not going to speak for everyone that has posted in this thread, but it's not like everyone here is going "C4 IS in LA and we are going to book stuff now", despite what you seem to think. LA is looking like the most probable location at the moment from the research of people that have experience in ferretting out where previous Celebrations have been before the Official Announcement. So with that in mind some of us have decided to have a look at what LA will cost us if it is there, because it's nice to know what figures you are looking at. I've based all my previous saving on an Indy location, and want to know ahead of time what might change. It also took only 15 minutes while doing other stuff on the net to find it out.

So pull your head in and quit trolling the thread. Until someone announces something on SW.com nothing is official and we are free to speculate to our hearts content.

23. darth_padme_amidala

darth_padme_amidala Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2005
    [face_praying] i so hope that those dates are not definite. Can anyone say graduation time???? I was at C3 and ever since april 25 2005 i have been anticipating C4. But if the may 2007 dates are set in stone many may not be able to attend, and i really really really want to go.

24. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    'nother hoosier sounding off. Don't CARE where it is as long as I don't have to spend the entire four days standing in line. If I do wind up in a miles-long queue, I'd rather it wasn't during a frakking snowstorm.

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Alrighty, a couple things.
    1) This is just specuation at this point, with a couple facts to back it up. No one knows for sure so we can't call it fact, and we are not calling it fact.
    2) Trolling in this thread will stop now. The next person who posts calling any one else a name or even implying something rude will be banned. Posting your dissatisfaction on the possible location is fine, but do not continue to harp on it, all you do is bring down everyone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.