OFFICIAL: C4 Is The Bomb Thread: C4 in LA, May 24-28 2007

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration VI, VII, Europe II' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gabe Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    The new banner confirms nothing, just roll with it. ;)
  2. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Yes, never trust anything with a typo.
  3. AT-AT_Commander Jedi Master

star 4

Uhmm, You proberly will be standing in line where ever it is. Thats the nature of these things. I went to a smaller convention and still had to stand in line for a few oif the poeple i wanted to see.

I'm still workin on the wife to let us go. The next door neighbor is helping me too.
  4. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    "The next person who posts calling any one else a name or even implying something rude will be banned."

You misunderstand, I AM a Hoosier (Indiana folk are normally called that). the 'nother was a deliberate mispelling of ANOTHER. So let me rephrase that post.

"Hello, I am a fellow fan from Indiana. Please allow me to speak up as well. I have no particular attachment to Indianapolis as a convention site. I do however, hope that the facility is large enough to accomodate the large number of fans wishing to attend certain events. One should not have to line up overnight to get into say, the opening ceremonies. It would also be a great boon to be somewhat warm in case waiting is required."

I personally am still rooting for Saint Louis.
  5. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I know navarre, my post wasn't directed at you. It just happened to follows yours, sorry. We're good :D
  6. gabe Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Blame Brian, not me. :p
  7. Lily_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Anytime before or after the first week in May would be great
  8. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm gonna privately pronounce the last part of FanFocre to sound like that rude word I can't say.
  9. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    w00t! California here I come!

That's it. I'm camping out here now. Gabe..Brian, get off your arses and fetch me a...beverage. I'll let you hang with me at C4, maybe. ;)
  10. bonzofett Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sorry to hear that you married the wrong woman. My fiance and I not only went to C4 together last year, and then we got married 7 months later and there is no way in hell that we are missing C4.
  11. snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, I'll be there reguardless. Just did some research and a flight for me would be approx $250 a head, which isn't so bad I guess.

!snap
  12. darth1132 Jedi Knight

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to C4 simply because of the timing. It has nothing to do with location; I actually would have enjoyed traveling to LA (I live in Florida). The fact of the matter is that I am getting married in April of 2007 and going on my honeymoon soon after. There is no way I would be able to make it to C4 unless I used a Jedi mind trick and convinced my fiance' to go to C4 rather than take a cruise. I hope you all have a great time regardless of where C4 is held. C5 in 2009?
  13. buzz57 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I hope everyone has an excellent time at C4 wherever it's at, because I have no money and no job and I will not be able to make it. I'd rather be home than standing in those dam long lines.
  14. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Then can you change the title of the thread because "OFFICIAL" is throwing it off. I popped in here and wondered if I'd missed an announcement.
  15. Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I dunno but having the banner imply LA is a bit premature considering we still dont' know where it'll be.
  16. joesdomain Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, having the thread say official and having LA in it are premature until Lucasfilm officially announces it. Now I see someone has made a banner imply Hollywood and California has the Celebration IV.

I loved CIII and missed out on going to all 4 days. I went to the last day only and regret day since then. I regret every day since Celebration II because I was in college and had classes to go to. I don't want to miss out again! I want to speculate has long has Lucasfilm has not issued to location and date. Indy will always be my choice.
  17. JayTee_Erricck Force Ghost

star 2
    Today is May 1st. So, according to rumors, the "Official C4 Announcement" should happen any day now, right?

Waiting patiently...................

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com << Celebrating the group's & website's 1st birthday today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. DarthMedialine Jedi Knight

Hakuna Matada, folks. The announcement will be here before you know it!

Darth Medialine
  19. bonzofett Jedi Knight

star 1
    LA is a crime ridden, smoggy, overpriced dump of a city where a hotel with a door lock and a shower will cost you $200 a night. If I were the dealers, I would rather it be in a less expensive city so people will have more money to spend on their collectibles instead of roach motels.

Indianapolis didn't have enough restaurants nearby (I got tired of eating at TGI Friday's in the hotel) and the weather was horrible (like all of the Midwest). And don't even get started on Gen Con. How is that Lucasfilm would even consider contracting that company again after the way they mismanaged CIII?

With all that said, C3 was still a great time and I'll be at C4, wherever it may be.
  20. KennethMorgan Jedi Master

star 2
    To be honest, I'm not sure I'd prefer C4 in L.A. Mainly, though, I just hope that the Celebreation doesn't take place on Memorial Day. I always help with TV coverage of our local Memorial Day parade, and I'll try to make it to a Memorial Day remembrance ceremony.

Well, we'll see.
  21. Lily_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    I was just looking at the Dallas Convention Center website and there was nothing listed for May 2007. Nothing on Houston's schedule either
  22. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Troopers in Houston in May = lots of sweaty bodies :eek:
  23. sithlard Jedi Knight

star 2
    Time for them to invent air-conditioned Trooper outfits if it's in Houston!
  24. KitFist0 Force Ghost

star 4
    Alot of convention centers in NA I'm sure have time available for C4, so that means little to nothing.
  25. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    Ugh I live in Texas and would prefer LA to Dallas. I looked at the Dallas convention center web site and it isn't all that great. And Houston is just hot.

I was upset about LA for a little while but it has grown on my. I think it will be an adventure. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.