main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL: C4 Is The Bomb Thread: C4 in LA, May 24-28 2007

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    ^ Thanks Dajuan. I wasn't trying to influence anything. Just curious.

A poll would have guaged whether a lot of people are opposed to LA, or just a vocal few. It would be sad if like 50% of the people here couldn't go if it was in LA.

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Regarding other Celebrations thing that Rick was hinting at: apparently something big is being planned for London UK this summer as well. So possible multiple Celebrations, but one for North America, and the other for Europe?

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I hear ya, Woofer. It just seemed like an anomaly.

I'm 20 miles from the L.A. Convention Center. I'll be very happy if it's out here, but I know that there are people that won't be, but that's just the way it is. Can't please all of the people all of the time.

I've been to the L.A. Auto Show many times. Yeah, the Auto Show people handle their show very, very well. But what is there? Just a bunch of people walking around a bunch of cars. You don't have celebs doing autographs, you don't have panels, you don't have a reason for everyone to stand around outside in the snow. And especially, you don't have a store. It's easy to do crowd control when your crowd is scattered throughout a very large building. Get thousands trying to go to the exact same thing, and you have a problem. I guess we'll see how they handle it, eh?

4. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I liked Indy as a city okay, but that convention center was woefully too tight a squeeze for the tens of thousands of fans who were there everyday. There has to be a better place . . . (Orlando has a huge convention center, BTW :p)

5. BKK

BKK Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    Whenever people bring up how many people were at CIII and how crowded it was as not wanting CIV to be hosted there I always reply that Celebration IV will not come close to having the same attendance that CIII had, regardless of location. Celebration III was a once in a lifetime event, the last con that coincided with a movie release. This is just my opinion, but I'd be hardpressed to think of a way that Lucasfilm could get either the same number of people or an increase attending the CIV. Celebration IV has two major things going against it:

1. No new movie [Even a TV series wouldn't draw people from one coast to the other IMO]
    2. Location, location, location. The con not being centralized will have an impact I think. There's a greater chance for people to drive to the con if it's central as opposed to it being held on a coastal state.

So basically regardless of wherever Celebration IV will be [LA is looking like a lock anymore] it is highly unlikely that the number of people attending is going to be some major influence that dictates "where" the con will be held at. Celebration III was the Star Wars event, you won't see anything like it again......unless there's a new movie released.....and that ain't gonna happen...probably. :p So get ready to tan in preparation for a trip to LA and don't worry about the crowd being C3 sized. It'll be a huge event with a lot of people attending don't get me wrong, but let's put it this way, if people who normally would never ever attend a convention, it would have been C3. I don't see the actual size of the crowd being a problem anyways. *shrugs*

6. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone know have some sort of timeline of announcments of CIII that we could use as a point of comparison for announcements for CIV?

(And BBK, I love your "They Live" sig ;))

7. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    Here is some wisdom-every time lucas has something big coming out he finds away to finance it without dipping too much into his own pocket.For example the dvd set being released no doubt helped with cost on rots.Now here is how its going to go down-first,in september the release on dvd of the original star wars versions this will help pay for the next celebration and the next celebration will help to pay for both the new clone wars cartoon series and the 3d version of a new hope.So that is my take on the reason there will diffantly be a celebration 4 next year.There will be a 5th one ahead of the live action series but next year it will diffantly have clone wars cartoons as a theme.I think they should have some of the computer designers and others working behind the sceens to give some lechtures, that would be interesting.Then the 5th one we will start seeing official pix start bringing in some new actors for signings from the live series.=D= There all figured out!!

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
  9. Lily_Skywalker

Lily_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2002
    I sent an email to GenCon but they have not sent one back yet

10. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    Theforce.net is a cool site if you want a heads-up on information from sites like masterreplicas, rebelscum.com, hasbro, etc. I will take official star wars information from starwars.com any day. Many of the moderators at starwars.com strongly urge forum members at their website not to take information from websites like theforce.net too seriously since it is not the official site. They said the same thing about supershadow.com also. Starwars.com has been hush hush about CIV to date. I will patiently wait vocalize my opinion on starwars.com message boards till the official location and date are released.

11. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Who cares if it's not official? We're allowed to speculate as much as we want. No harm in that.

12. joesdomain

Feb 14, 2006
    More updates on Indiana Convention Center calender: Now May 23- June 22, 2007 has no events scheduled.

Plus, he is the new shocker for me. May 11-19, 2007 is now open and no event is listed period on the calender at the Indiana Convention Center. That would be an excellant time to have it right before the Indy 500 and memorial day weekend. I am optimistic now. It looks like they changed it late yesterday or today. Because I checked Thursday night and there was something scheduled and it looked like it fell through. Who knows. The Indiana Convention Center calender changes almost every other day. Sounds promising for people who want it is in Indy.

13. BKK

BKK Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    As much as I'd love to have it in Indy again, if only for selfish reasons...I'd be able to attend if it was there :p, I have high doubts that CIV is going to be anywhere but LA. As much as we'd all love for it to be somewhere central, it looks like we're out of luck till Celebration V for a con that is in a central location again. I didn't mind Indy so much, to me it doesn't matter if it was held in Indy so much as having the con in a central location. I still honestly believe that the attendance for CIV won't even be 1/3 or 1/4th of what Celebration III had. As I've said before that was a once in a lifetime event IMO and won't be surpassed anytime soon. I think LA is almost certainly a lock now and that's going to cut down on people attending because they wont' be able to drive that far.

Bummer.

14. joesdomain

Feb 14, 2006
    I will never give up hope till the last minute. Everyone is free to speculate on the day and location. Lucasfilm is the one who chooses not theforce.net. I will believe it when I see an official announcement whenever that may be.

15. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Hey joes... that horse is looking really ragged by now.

Aren't their some sort of laws about cruelty to animals?

16. JSTAR71

Apr 29, 2003
    woofer what are you talkin about are you watching the kentucky derby??It needs to be in Indy especially since everyone expects less people it should be much more comfortable.No NFL draft more than likely no Lucas so it will be a lot less people.Each time it has improved why start completely over in LA??Hey star wars people lets keep it in Indy.East Coast Fans Forever!!

17. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    You honestly expect less people to be at a Celebration in Los Angeles?

Need I remind you that Saturday at Indy had to be shut down because they reached capacity of the convention centre? Where did the majority of those people come from? Indianapolis. They were locals buying a one day pass.

Just think of the population base around Los Angeles. Think about the size of the casual fan base. If Indy pulled in an extra 10,000 people, LA can pull in 30,000 one day tickets easily. Thats why they need the space.

18. JSTAR71

Apr 29, 2003
    Then they would not need the space if it is not in LA.Many came just Saturday because of Lucas he probably will not be there this time.He is suppose to be busy workin on a little film called Indiana Jones 4.[face_praying] Also I worked the convention SAturday many people were coming through the convention hall going to the NFL draft which if they scheduled c3 on the same weekend as the draft that was plain dumb.[face_not_talking]

19. JSTAR71

Apr 29, 2003
    woofer going by your location why on Gods green earth would you want it in LA?Are you not closer to INDY.?

20. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Its not a matter of wanting it in LA, its accepting the fact it will be there and not griping about it.

As per some posts above, I too would prefer Toronto but its not to be. So its a simple matter of accepting the news and trying to work out how best to get to where Celebration will be, not where it won't.

21. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Many came just Saturday because of Lucas he probably will not be there this time.He is suppose to be busy workin on a little film called Indiana Jones 4.

But Lucas came to C III, and he was working on a little film called Revenge of the Sith. Besides, Lucas is only producer on Indy. He might have time.

22. BKK

BKK Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    Just think of the population base around Los Angeles. Think about the size of the casual fan base. If Indy pulled in an extra 10,000 people, LA can pull in 30,000 one day tickets easily. Thats why they need the space.

Yeesh, I think those are lofty expectations. Celebration III was the biggest SW con we'll ever see [barring another one coinciding with a movie, so basically never :p] and I really really doubt a SW convention is going to be bigger than some of the other big time cons i.e Comicon, Dragoncon, etc... I just don't see Celebration IV putting up huge numbers for attendance. Like I said it'll be a huge event with lots of people no doubt, but not even in the same ballpark as C3 when it comes to people attending. The people who live in LA who do go to the con won't be enough to offset the number of people not going due to not being able to drive. I'm sure people can "hope" that CIV is in Indy, and I'm definitely one of those people, but you gotta admit it's looking pretty bleak right about now. :p

I figure it's LA unless something very drastic happens.

23. joesdomain

Feb 14, 2006
    My point of view is it could be anywhere! Hahaha! Starwars.com and Lucasfilm have not mentioned it so it could be Indy, St. Louis, etc. Everyone keeps believely in a rumor that only started by a post by Dustin from a unreliable source who he refuses to name. Gencon and LA Convention Center won't talk about anything Star Wars related when I chatted on the phone with them. I called the Indiana Convention Center and they did the same thing except the person gave me more promising information from my point of view.

24. JSTAR71

Apr 29, 2003
    Im just going on what rick mccallum said that he likes Indy.I still doubt Lucas will come.He had not been to a convention since the 10th ann. until he came to c3.I think it would be funny if all this gripping if it wasnt until 2008 wouldnt we feel like dummies.I still think there should be an east coast/west coast rivalry just like rap and that we meet on the mississippi river to fight with plastic lightsabers and white castle hamburgers.Everyone have an INSANE day.8-} [face_peace]

25. jakejar

jakejar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    Could you tell us what the "more promising" information was?

Thanks,

jakejar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.