main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary ** OFFICIAL Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo (Peter Mayhew Appearance) Thread! **

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by veritate, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Just received meet-up info for Sundays event. For those of us in costume and getting passes, we need to enter together. The doors open for exhibitors at 7 am, but there's no reason we need to meet that early. I'd say we meet at 9:15 am. Please meet me at the north doors at the Roundup Centre at that time. It's right by the loading docks. If you require a map, PM me your email address and I will send you a copy of the info I received.

Just 5 more days!

2. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    We should arrive at 9:15 all suited up in costume, right?

Will there be a room for us to change? I didn't think so, but just wanted to make sure.

Jen

3. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    We didn't request a changing room (as most of us usually show up in gear) but I know the 501st have a room. And I think the Edmonton FF requested one too. If you think you'd like to change there, I would suggest contacting Angela or Liann and ask if they'd mind sharing their space.

Also, for all those who are coming to the show and/or are volunteering at the table, are you able to squeeze in a quick meeting this Friday? We just want to go over the conduct guidelines as well as what we're promoting this weekend. It won't take long - maybe a half hour.

Post here if you're able.
    Thanks.

4. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    I will be in Edmonton that day :(

Jen

5. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    I could at about 9:30-10:00pm, or between 12- 1 (lunch)

6. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I was referring to meeting up on Friday.

7. SithatHeart

SithatHeart Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    I have a dinner at 7, so I could meet between 4 pm and 6:30 (if it's downtown).

8. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    I could meet after work around 9:30 or 10:00. As well Sat during the day is an option?

9. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Friday meeting won't happen for me. Anything that does come up, will have to be pased to me in person on Saturday (at the dinner), becuase once I leave Banff, I won't have access to a computer.

Hmm, I wonder if I should give my cell phone number to someone, just in case?

10. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Thank goodness Magpie Jen was paying attention - I made a mistake in our meeting place (thanks Jen!).

Please meet on Sunday, May 7th, at 9:15 am at the BIG FOUR BUILDING, north doors to exhibit hall 'A'.

Also, it looks like not many can make a meeting tomorrow night, so we'll forgo that. Instead we'll go over the info before the big event on Sunday, when we meet up.
    Just a reminder:

(sorry about the mix up with the buildings. With a wedding on Saturday, the dinner Sat night, the event on Sunday and my impending journey across the big pond next week, my brain's on overload 8-} )

11. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    there will be a change room if anyone wants to get changed there :) not sure exactly where it is but i assume we'll be directed there when we check in.

12. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Thanks for sharing, Liann and the rest of the Emontooine group :)

Just thought everyone would like to know - our table will be right next to Peter's!! In fact, all the SW related stuff is together. Our table is between the 501st's and Peter's, and across the way will be Red 5 Collectibles! Expect LOTS of traffic and be prepared to put on your friendliest and most enthusiastic faces :D

13. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    This is going to be so much fun! One more sleep until some of us Edmontonians come down!:D

14. Starkiller77

Starkiller77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2005
    Does anyone have a panel schedule? Their site doesn't say a thing about it other than having a panel room on the map...

15. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    The panel listing is on their website here:
    http://www.calgaryexpo.com/programming.htm (broken out of frames)

It is also printed in the program book, available at the door.

See you there!

16. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    =D= Well that was an awsome day!!! I think we all did a great job today! Bravo! Some of us got some great goodies from the show too. Can't wait till next year!

17. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    Congratulations and thank-yous all around.

Thanks to Lexi and Echoseven for putting together our banner and table set-up

Thanks to Prelude and JediRanger for providing the saber props

Thanks to everyone who helped out at the booth, answering questions and handing out pamphlets all day.

Thanks to everyone who manned the doors and walked the lines

Thanks to all the 501st who contributed so much!

The day went swimmingly due to the efforts of many people and I salute you all.

?Many hands make light work?

18. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    had a fantastic time. it was great to see you all again :)

19. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Great job today to everybody who helped out. I ditto everything Kent said. He just beat me to it.
    Everybody who took pictures of todays event please email them to me and I'll get them up right away. I just got my few pictures up right now and need more.

Once again thanks to everybody who worked their butts off today. Now we can all go into work tommorow bragging we met Chewie!!!!! And our co-workers will all say " Yeeeeaaaahhh, OK" while rolling their eyes and turning to run. LOL

Ryan

20. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    'Snick snick waaaaaah Jedi!'

Here! Here! I second Dr. Haggis' thank you to everyone!! What a fantastic day! I'm still on cloud nine after sharing drinks and dinner with Peter and hearing his wonderful behine-the-scenes stories...it was so surreal!!

Thanks to Lexi and Vadermistress for all their help and hard work on the banner, displays and table set up. I think it turned out just great :D Thanks to the Emontooine group for coming down and lending a hand - hope you guys enjoyed it!

Special thanks to Sifu Tim for his amazing work on our training video - especially for teaching us and making us look so COOL!! That video was stopping traffic!! People would hear the light saber sounds and music and were instantly drawn to our table [face_hypnotized]

We all worked hard today and I hope everyone found it as rewarding as I did. I think it was a real success!!

21. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    Ditto!

What a great time, it was all fun. The toy show, the pool, talking in my sleep, it was all great! I am so glad we came down!

22. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    I did not get many pictures of the day, but I put photos of the award we gave Peter and the group shot on my blog/flickr account.

23. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Had a great time today just a kick a$$ star wars day all around and great job everyone. On a person note I thank you all for your support of the store and I CAN'T THANK EVERYONE ENOUGH. When I hear members say that RED 5 is apart of the fanforce it brings warm feelings to my heart and lets me know that my hard work is not for nothing.

Thank you Stac for helping out your little bro again couldn't do it with out you, Jen for giving me a break if only for a few minutes, Yrol for standing in when Stac wanted to roam, Jay for setting up and taking down, Michelle for helping take down aswell, and both fanforce & 501st for all their hard work.

Peter Mayhew was great got a chewie signed, a picture taken, and choked 3 times it was awesome. I do hope he comes back just a top notch individual all around had great stories which I could of listened to all night long. Truely a dream today like echosevin I'm on cloud city right now.

Dooks

p.s= he said I was quit a mercenary(line from a new hope)

24. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, I FINALLY made it home. I got to Scott Lake Hill (barely 40km west of Calgary), and had to pull over to get some sleep. I ended up sleeping for close to 2 hours.

Anyway, I'm about to look at the pics on my camera, to see how they turned out.

And I'm not looking forward to cleaning my hilts, the two best one are QUITE grimey, and I don't mean just finger prints.

Yes, it was a fun day.

It was pretty cool meeting (but not seeing) my first Star Wars celebrity, and cooler to get my picture taken and then autographed.

25. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    hey guys I hads an awesome time and we thank you all for hosting such a great event with such great groups involved, you guys should really be proud of what ya have acomplished in sucha short time.

I'll get to my pics asap. Still cleaning up and letting the tunics settle and air out. Hanging with Peter was great and I'm sure this can rival many C3 stories.

Most of all, thanks for making us feel welcome, I know the other members were very happy at being greeted with open arms and faces of 'hey how ya!!!!'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.