1. A Warning For Everyone To See:

PT vs. OT vs. ST vs. Anthology (in any combination) debates are not allowed in the New Movies forums. Discussions that descend into OT/PT/ST/Anthology bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Consider this your warning.

Official Info Official Cast and Crew of Episode VIII Announced

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi & IX - Spoilers Allowed' started by Kuestmaster, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Krueger Force Ghost

star 5
    Yep. If Ewan is coming back, along with Christensen, there's no way it would be announced at all. I'm glad that Maz will be back. I want to know how she got that bloody lightsaber.
    Last edited by Krueger, Feb 15, 2016
    Yora and Big Boss like this.
  2. Pro Scoundrel New Films Lawgiver & Casual Flyer

Manager
    star 5
    THIS JUST IN:

All of the cast is playing Snoke, who is also Plagueis, except Andy Serkis, who is playing Luke's wife, who is also Rey's mother, who is probably Mara Jade, who will be Finn's new love interest, so to make room for Reylo, but not FinnPoe.
  3. Big Boss Jedi Knight

star 3
    im curious to find out who the new actors are going to play. i guess we've got Del Toro down to 2 options, but the two ladies? who knows. i highly doubt that rumour a while back was true on the "female leads" only because A) they totally missed the mark on the actresses; and B) because there seems to be a lot of 'leads' regardless. we have Luke, Rey, Finn, Poe, Leia, Maz, Kylo and Snoke. they may not all be classified under "leads" but that just goes to show how that rumour, to me, sounds overblown.
    the Jurassic Park lady (page 2, cant see the names, no disrespect) looks A LOT like Mon Mothma if im honest. i highly doubt thats the case, but the facial similarities if you chop some hair off is striking. other than that, they both dont really come across as characters we've seen or heard about before, so i take it they are fresh new characters purposefully created for VIII. what could that mean? a KoR for the younger girl? a political person for the older woman (NR member that was off-planet at the time?)

ideas?
  4. Darth Smurf Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Is Samuel L. Jackson in the movie?
    No?
    I think he will state again that he hates the movie if he is not in
    Yora likes this.
  5. Black Leader Jedi Padawan

star 1
    no H Ford in the cast list ?
  6. nightangel Force Ghost

star 6

o_O you saw TFA? o_O
  7. SunStar Jedi Knight

star 1
    This isn't meant to be the full cast list. I'm sure Chewie will be back. Since he was ill, perhaps they didn't want to confirm Peter Mayhew just yet. But if he isn't physically able to play Chewie, they could have someone else step in to take over the role.
  8. Darth Smurf Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Maybe the story drifts away from the old characters like Chewie, R2D2, C3PO etc, and we do not see them in VIII at all
    Last edited by Darth Smurf, Feb 17, 2016
  9. nightangel Force Ghost

star 6
    Luke without R2 is impossible. ;)
  10. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 7
    They actually already did this for TFA. Peter was only in the suit during scenes where Chewie was sitting in the cockpit of the Falcon. Joonas Suotamo was in the suit for everything else. Suotamo already confirmed in an interview that he will be back for Episode VIII, so we will definitely be seeing more of Chewie. It seems like they did something similar with Artoo as well, seeing that Kenny Baker is no longer well enough to reprise the role. For the Skellig shoot that they did for Episode VIII in September, Jimmy Vee was apparently spotted as the Artoo stand-in.

This one leaves me scratching my head as well. Out of all of the reactions to the casting news, why are folks so shocked that Harrison is not listed? Han died, plain and simple. I understand that Kathleen Kennedy mentioned that all of the cast will be returning at the London premiere, but you have to keep in mind this was prior to the film's wide release. She was not going to drop the ball on a big spoil by saying that everyone except Harrison will be back.
    Yora and nightangel like this.
  11. Black Leader Jedi Padawan

star 1

I thought i'd read somewhere that he (Solo) would return in a flashback sequence
    nightangel likes this.
  12. Black Leader Jedi Padawan

star 1

I did & was traumatised :([face_laugh]
    HanSolo29 and nightangel like this.
  13. nightangel Force Ghost

star 6
    I still think a flashback appearance of Han is possible and is probably already filmed during TFA filming. This material is saved for VIII. ;)
    Last edited by nightangel, Feb 17, 2016
    Satipo likes this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk Superninja of New Films - On Vacation

Manager
    star 6
    @Black Leader Watch the double posting please. You can respond to more than one post in a single post or use the edit function if you want to add something.
  15. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 7
    From my understanding, that was fan speculation based on KK's comments at the London premiere. Nothing has been confirmed either way. I will say that I will not rule out that possibility completely, but I do doubt that Ford will come back for such a small snippet. Like @nightangel said, if it does happen, his portion was probably already filmed during principal photography for TFA.
    Dewback, Satipo and nightangel like this.
  16. Thrawn082 Force Ghost

star 6
    IF Ewan or Hayden were to make an appearance here, I can see them keeping them out of the main credits. Basically playing up FG Obi Wan or Anakin reappearing as a big surprise for the GA. This is hardly an uncommon tactic in film actually.
    Obi-Wan Catnobi and beebee-ate like this.
  17. Amber Kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 2
    Apparently :chewie:Peter Mayhew:chewie: is being replaced by another actor due to age problems.
  18. Xinau Jedi Knight

star 4
  19. raefinnpoe Jedi Master

star 4
    FWIW wikipedia has peter mayhew in the cast.

even if they replace mayhew (say with the guy who did his action scenes in TFA) chewie obvously has to be in episode 8 cause he accomponied rey to find luke (and possibly mayhews scenes were already filmed when they did the irelend shoot in september)

they also have tim rose returning as ackbard, mike quinn as nein numb and jimmy vee replacing kenny baker as r2-d2
    Last edited by raefinnpoe, Feb 28, 2016
  20. CrazyOldJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Mayhew did not go to Skellig for TFA shooting and I very much doubt he went for VIII either. The TFA shots were digitally added and it's beyond Mayhew now to do location shooting on that type of terrain.
    raefinnpoe likes this.
  21. raefinnpoe Jedi Master

star 4
    actually it looks like they didnt get any or much shooting done there anyways whoever was there. 4 day shoot canceled during day one for weather.
  22. JediAce1 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Jimmy vee is probably playing an alien.

To put a human inside of r2-d2 is beyond pointless. They have computer powered r2 droids now.
  23. AmySolo Jedi Knight

star 4
    This made my day. Thank you. =D=
    Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  24. JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    There were definitely at least three days of shooting on Skellig for Episode VIII (and we've already seen some of that footage).
    Last edited by JabbatheHumanBeing, Mar 1, 2016
  25. Force Smuggler Force Ghost

star 7