main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Cast and Crew of Episode VIII Announced

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yep. If Ewan is coming back, along with Christensen, there's no way it would be announced at all. I'm glad that Maz will be back. I want to know how she got that bloody lightsaber.

Yora and Big Boss like this.
  2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    THIS JUST IN:

All of the cast is playing Snoke, who is also Plagueis, except Andy Serkis, who is playing Luke's wife, who is also Rey's mother, who is probably Mara Jade, who will be Finn's new love interest, so to make room for Reylo, but not FinnPoe.

3. Big Boss

Big Boss Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 16, 2015
    im curious to find out who the new actors are going to play. i guess we've got Del Toro down to 2 options, but the two ladies? who knows. i highly doubt that rumour a while back was true on the "female leads" only because A) they totally missed the mark on the actresses; and B) because there seems to be a lot of 'leads' regardless. we have Luke, Rey, Finn, Poe, Leia, Maz, Kylo and Snoke. they may not all be classified under "leads" but that just goes to show how that rumour, to me, sounds overblown.
    the Jurassic Park lady (page 2, cant see the names, no disrespect) looks A LOT like Mon Mothma if im honest. i highly doubt thats the case, but the facial similarities if you chop some hair off is striking. other than that, they both dont really come across as characters we've seen or heard about before, so i take it they are fresh new characters purposefully created for VIII. what could that mean? a KoR for the younger girl? a political person for the older woman (NR member that was off-planet at the time?)

ideas?

4. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Is Samuel L. Jackson in the movie?
    No?
    I think he will state again that he hates the movie if he is not in

Yora likes this.
  5. Black Leader

Black Leader Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 4, 2016
    no H Ford in the cast list ?

6. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

o_O you saw TFA? o_O

7. SunStar

SunStar Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 25, 2015
    This isn't meant to be the full cast list. I'm sure Chewie will be back. Since he was ill, perhaps they didn't want to confirm Peter Mayhew just yet. But if he isn't physically able to play Chewie, they could have someone else step in to take over the role.

8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe the story drifts away from the old characters like Chewie, R2D2, C3PO etc, and we do not see them in VIII at all

9. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    Luke without R2 is impossible. ;)

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    They actually already did this for TFA. Peter was only in the suit during scenes where Chewie was sitting in the cockpit of the Falcon. Joonas Suotamo was in the suit for everything else. Suotamo already confirmed in an interview that he will be back for Episode VIII, so we will definitely be seeing more of Chewie. It seems like they did something similar with Artoo as well, seeing that Kenny Baker is no longer well enough to reprise the role. For the Skellig shoot that they did for Episode VIII in September, Jimmy Vee was apparently spotted as the Artoo stand-in.

This one leaves me scratching my head as well. Out of all of the reactions to the casting news, why are folks so shocked that Harrison is not listed? Han died, plain and simple. I understand that Kathleen Kennedy mentioned that all of the cast will be returning at the London premiere, but you have to keep in mind this was prior to the film's wide release. She was not going to drop the ball on a big spoil by saying that everyone except Harrison will be back.

11. Black Leader

Jan 4, 2016

I thought i'd read somewhere that he (Solo) would return in a flashback sequence

nightangel likes this.
  12. Black Leader

Jan 4, 2016

I did & was traumatised :([face_laugh]

HanSolo29 and nightangel like this.
  13. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    I still think a flashback appearance of Han is possible and is probably already filmed during TFA filming. This material is saved for VIII. ;)

Satipo likes this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Black Leader Watch the double posting please. You can respond to more than one post in a single post or use the edit function if you want to add something.

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    From my understanding, that was fan speculation based on KK's comments at the London premiere. Nothing has been confirmed either way. I will say that I will not rule out that possibility completely, but I do doubt that Ford will come back for such a small snippet. Like nightangel said, if it does happen, his portion was probably already filmed during principal photography for TFA.

16. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    IF Ewan or Hayden were to make an appearance here, I can see them keeping them out of the main credits. Basically playing up FG Obi Wan or Anakin reappearing as a big surprise for the GA. This is hardly an uncommon tactic in film actually.

Obi-Wan Catnobi and beebee-ate like this.
  17. Amber Kenobi

Amber Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 12, 2016
    Apparently :chewie:Peter Mayhew:chewie: is being replaced by another actor due to age problems.

18. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015
  19. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    FWIW wikipedia has peter mayhew in the cast.

even if they replace mayhew (say with the guy who did his action scenes in TFA) chewie obvously has to be in episode 8 cause he accomponied rey to find luke (and possibly mayhews scenes were already filmed when they did the irelend shoot in september)

they also have tim rose returning as ackbard, mike quinn as nein numb and jimmy vee replacing kenny baker as r2-d2

20. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Mayhew did not go to Skellig for TFA shooting and I very much doubt he went for VIII either. The TFA shots were digitally added and it's beyond Mayhew now to do location shooting on that type of terrain.

raefinnpoe likes this.
  21. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    actually it looks like they didnt get any or much shooting done there anyways whoever was there. 4 day shoot canceled during day one for weather.

22. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Jimmy vee is probably playing an alien.

To put a human inside of r2-d2 is beyond pointless. They have computer powered r2 droids now.

23. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    This made my day. Thank you. =D=

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  24. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    There were definitely at least three days of shooting on Skellig for Episode VIII (and we've already seen some of that footage).

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012