Official Celebration V Art work thread with Confirmed Artist

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration Anaheim' started by echo-3, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dutchart Jedi Padawan

Now THAT is a guarnatee sell-out!

JV
  2. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Thanks for chiming in Allison. :)
    It IS SO awesome when LFL artist reply to us!
  3. gatodama LFL Artist

VIP
    star 3
    Hey folks! Long time since I have been on these boards! I am looking forward to CV and hopefully you will all dig what I am bringing to the table this time around. I can't wait to see what the other artists are creating. I have seen a few prelims and man are you all in for a treat!

Back to work! Crunch Time!
  4. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    SWEET!
    This has become my favorite part of celebration to a degree. I can not wait to see everyone's prints.
  5. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    If any artist is checking this thread, If I wanted you to do a custom sketch of Bossk ,would that be possible over the 4 day time period?
  6. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Oh, I know the feeling!

This is going to be my first Celebration, but I'm already planning ahead to buy some artwork. I'm always excited to see what the artists come up with!
  7. TimProctor Jedi Padawan

Although I too will have a print for sale at CV, I cannot wait to see what the other artists come up with. Im sure I may pick up a few myself.

8. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    [face_laugh] Brilliant!
  9. lija Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm so thrilled several of my favorite artists are attending. Guess I'm going to have to determine a budget and try to stick to it. The art for previous Celebrations have been my biggest expenditure minus hotel/airfare, but I have no regrets.
  10. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I am so excited to see the finally prints for everyone. I already have cleaned of a entire wall in my SW room of figures for new prints.
  11. RAATS LFL Artist

VIP
    Hi Guys --

I just wanted to say that I've regrettably had to withdraw from participating at Celebration V in Orlando in August.

To all those people I will miss seeing again and to those who I would have met for the first time I would like to express my sincerest apologies.

Many thanks for the continued interest in what I do because after all, if it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't be in this game?.

Regards

MARK
  12. McHaleyArt Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    You'll be missed, Mark. Was looking forward to seeing you there!
  13. MrZAP Force Ghost

star 5
    I walked into CIV on the Fan Club Day, Thursday the 24th. It was my first convention. I was 17. I had come over directly from school (convenient living in L.A., that), and I only got there around 4 PM. I wandered aimlessly for awhile, not having any clue where to go.

I eventually found my way to the Exhibition Hall, and walked around for a bit, but my eyes were soon drawn (pun unintended) to the artist's alley. I spent the better part of an hour and a half in there, just in awe of all the artwork. Some of my favorites were there, like Mark Chiarello and Tommy Lee Edwards, Dave Dorman, Jan Duursema, Adam Hughes, and Brian Rood.

But there were three artists there whom I had never heard of, who blew me completely away. Tsuneo Sanda, Brent Woodside, and Chris Trevas. I talked to all of them for awhile, and made my first purchase of the convention from Woodside. It was really a matter of coincidence that his price was relatively low; I hadn't even known the price ranges before, and I didn't know how much he would charge for a print. I hadn't even picked up a program yet, and didn't know all of the artists, or all of their original works. I flipped through his portfolio, not realizing that he even had an official print for the con (I really hadn't paid much attention to the artists in the CIV updates). A picture of an ARC Trooper firing a blaster cayght my eye, and I commented on how much I liked it. He gave me a print of that for free without hesitation. Then I looked at the official piece of CIV artwork and realized that that was what he was actually selling...I blushed, but I knew I wanted it. It was another great ARC picture of troops running into battle. I bought it immediately. It was #24 of 250 prints. I have both prints on my wall right now, in good condition, although neither one is framed. I don't plan on getting rid of either one anyway.

Tsueno Sanda's artwork just astounded me. How one could fit so much detail into such a relatively small piece was something I couldn't fathom, and he did it with several different pieces! I can't remember how I ended up asking him for it, but I eventually got a nice piece of his with tons of characters and vehicles on it. This is also on my wall at this moment.

I remember wanting to get Chris Trevas' piece, but I wasn't able to. However, when I did eventually get a program the next day, I went back and got him and a few others to sign it. I'm looking at that program right now.

I just want all of you artists to know that while I didn't originally intend to spend a lot of time in the artist's alley at CIV, I plan to once again make it my first stop at CV. Because you all really do give Star Wars a life of its own. And I truly do appreciate all of the work you put into the pieces you make.
  14. DarthSnuggle LFL Artist

VIP
    Adam and I are disappointed that we'll not be seeing you in August! Hopefully another venue for your planned Cv art will present itself, and you can still have a print of it to offer to fans!
  15. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Quick update,
    According to several LFL artist via there Facebook pages, Deadline for the prints to be finish was this past Monday.
    Hoping it means that they will show them all soon.
  16. Leia214 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I saw on another forum that artists will NOT be able to reserve or hold prints this time around . . . anyone know the definitive answer on that?
  17. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I hope not. If so I guess the first thing I do Thursday is hit Artist allay up.
  18. Leia214 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Me too - the artist alley is normally my first stop but this time around, I will make sure I am there first thing. At CIV it was great because I reserved the 4 prints I wanted and had sketch cards done in advance too.
  19. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    Artist Alley was my first stop at CIV, and where I spent about 90% of my budget. It was great because I finally got to meet Dave Dorman in person, and bought 4 of his pieces! I am REALLY looking forward to seeing what he has created for CV, and can't wait to buy more of his art. And a few others. I plan on at least doubling my art-purchasing budget for CV, as I had to pass on several AWESOME CIV pieces. :(

This year I plan on taking my art purchases as carry-on. Most of my CIV art was damaged when I had to ship it home after CIV, despite the super-heavy duty tube they were shipped in.
  20. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    So no trouble with the tube in the over head? I was thinking of doing that this time too.
  21. Leia214 Jedi Knight

star 3
    For CIV, I had a heavy duty "architects" type tube (like for blue prints). I put mine in the overhead bin and didn't get any flak from the flight attendants but who knows now with all the luggage regulations they have implemented lately.
  22. DarthSnuggle LFL Artist

VIP
    Hey all;

its with much regret that I have to post to say that myself and Adam Hughes have had to pull out of Celebrations V. I've had a string of health problems, and had a major surgery 7 weeks ago that was supposed to alleviate the issue. Instead, I have new and different health issues that have been making attending conventions and getting work done "questionable", at the very least, and many days practically impossible. With that in mind, and the gowing costs of doing shows like this as well as the cost of needing to see speciailist while having no health insurance, we had to make the tough decision to retract our acceptance of Lucasfilm's generous invitation to participate in The Empire Strikes Back's big birthday party. :( Hopefully we'll see you all at the next one!

my apologies;
    Allison Sohn
  23. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Allison, I am so sorry to hear, Take care and god speed. You WILL be missed at Celebration.
  24. ksomm814 Force Ghost

star 1
    The first round of artwork has been released:

http://www.starwars.com/fans/events/celebration_v_artists_1/index.html

25. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    Pieces look pretty good so far. Can't wait to see what Tsuneo Sanda has in store for us.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.