main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Celebration V Art work thread with Confirmed Artist

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by echo-3, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dustinroberts

dustinroberts TFN Content Manager star 1 VIP

Aug 23, 2001
    I dont get it, I see in the thread earlier that Mark McHaley was not going, then the official blurb at SW.com says that he is?!

help.

2. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Sorry to hear about that Allison! You sketched me a beautiful Leia on the CIV print I bought from you - it will always be a favorite for me! Hopefully all will be better with you and you'll be back to the convention circuit soon!

3. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Is it just me or is anyone else goona worry for two months that 250 is just not enough for each print?

4. DavRab1

DavRab1 LFL Artist VIP

Aug 6, 2007
    Hi guys,

Star Wars.com have posted my CV art up on their site, but here is a closer look at the work. This will be 18" x 24" printed on glossy paper.

[image=http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4024/4714910444_fd6cbbb904_b.jpg]

[image=http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4023/4714910564_48b9bd1ee4_b.jpg]

5. Beretta911

Beretta911 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    *raises hand*

Def concerned about many of those prints selling out in a heartbeat, I was hoping the runs would be a little bit larger.

6. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    The print run was 250 for CIV as well. Some of the artists had a pre-order option where you could send them an e-mail and they would reserve a print for you to pick up at their table.

If I remember correctly, some of the prints did not sell out and were available on SWShop.com for a short time after CIV.

7. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Really? I guess I was thinking it was higher or maybe cause the only print I pick up ,I got reserved .
    Maybe the prices will off set there being enough to go around.***Thinking Positive***

8. jorbex

jorbex Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2006
    Don't worry; at CIV I headed straight for artist's alley as soon as the door's opened and I was able to get all the prints I wanted, without any trouble.

Just don't wait until the next day. ;)

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Wow, those prints look great. Will be hard to choose the ones I'll get, but Jerry & Chris's are at the top of my list right now. Really like Cat, Kyle & Joe's too. David's is tempting as well. Will have to wait till they're all announced before I decide.

I'm hoping Dorman will have a Rebel-themed companion piece to the Vader/walker/Empire one he did last time.

That happened to me as well- so I'm making sure I have the credit card WITH me this time ;)

Artist's Alley was the first thing I hit at C4- learning my lesson from C3 when I didn't discover Artist's Alley till the end.

10. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Exactly! If you want prints, make it your first stop.

I wonder if they will handle payment the same way as previous Celebrations? Where you had to get the slip from each artist, run and stand in line to pay and then go back to pick up? It's a hassle but I guess then each artist doesn't need their own cashier!

11. MajinKaze

MajinKaze Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    Definitely loves Joe's print. I got his CIV print, and this new one goes so well with it.

12. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    It was very tough finding correct frames for some of the irregular print sizes at CIV. Custom framing sometimes would cost twice the price of the actual print!

Hopefully more standard print sizes are used for CV.

13. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Chris and Cat are the two "must haves" for me, although I want several of them.:)

I was planning on only having about $350 in (non food) spending money for the convention. I think I'll need to raise my budget a bit.:p

14. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    This has become as much of a common thing for a Celebration as seeing costumed fans and standing in line. ;)

Celebrations = budget busters (but in a good way!)

15. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Oh man... I don't usually spend money on artwork from conventions, but I want Jerry's so bad.

16. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I must've spent at least $300 on prints at CIV. But I'm glad I did. Its also nice seeing the Boba's on prints using the correct ESB costume to commemorate the anniversary, unlike the "official" CV logo. [face_shame_on_you]

Can't wait to see other artist contributions, like Tom Hodges, Katie Cook, Matt Busch, Jason Palmer, Russell Walks, etc.

Here's some artwork from CIV and Celebration Europe to give you an idea of what to expect:

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/CIV%20and%20CE%20Posters/

17. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    OMG! Jason from theforcecast said there will be 40 Artist in Artist Allay !!!!!!!!
    I'm gonna go broke.

18. h2osafety

h2osafety Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2005
    I'm wondering if anyone has heard of Adam Hughes coming to C5?

19. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    From page 2 of this thread....

20. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    :eek: They have only posted 12 pieces so far . . . is there a list of the full 40 names somewhere? Hopefully there will be some that I don't like or else I'll be broke too!

21. ksomm814

ksomm814 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    Click here

I found this on Tsuneo Sanda's site under new artwork. I'm curious if this is his CV piece...

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Where can one get those black poster tubes with the shoulder straps I saw many people making use of at C4?

23. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Check with various art supply stores. I don't know which ones hold them over there, but it's a usual bet on finding them there.

Otherwise try graphic design stores also, ones that deal with production of marketing and promotional material as they're also often used for carrying boardroom materials.

24. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    http://www.amazon.com/Alvin-Ice-Tube-Inch-Blue/dp/B002H0S5W6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1277807131&sr=8-1

25. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Damn I hope it is - freakin' awesome design.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.