main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Celebration V Art work thread with Confirmed Artist

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by echo-3, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McHaleyArt

McHaleyArt Sketch Card Artist VIP

Jul 29, 2007
    The prints do not have to be destroyed if they all don't sell. After C5, StarWarsShop will decide what prints they want to sell on their shop site. And they decide how many they want of what ever's left. We can't sell it outside of C5. We do have the option of buying the rest of our prints at the show, but we would be buying our prints for the same price that you would. Lucasfilm has made it clear that there will be no price changing. So you guys won't have to worry about anyone raising the price of their print when they're almost sold out, or for lower edition numbers (I just got off the phone with ACME, who just talked to Lucasfilm about this).
    It is possible that they may be priced a bit higher if they go to StarWarsShop after the event.

2. DavRab1

DavRab1 LFL Artist VIP

Aug 6, 2007
    Hi guys,

I just wanted to say I appreciate the interest expressed in my print! Means a lot to me, really. Also wanted to let you know I'm preparing a freebie 8.5x11 you will get as a bonus when you purchase my CV print (which will be priced at $50 each by the way). These will be in limited quantites, so be sure to stop by early if you want one. More details to come and I will post the image here when it's finished! :D

If you're interested in seeing my other Star Wars art my portfolio may be seen at my art gallery also I post news and updates on my blog at www.skyhookart.blogspot.com

On another note...if you're going to be attending San Diego Comic Con I will be in Artists Alley at table GG-15. Stop by and say hello!

3. DavRab1

DavRab1 LFL Artist VIP

Aug 6, 2007
    UPDATE ON MY LAST POST: I just heard it is not permitted to do a "free with purchase" offer. So will just have the bonus print at my table as a freebie for everyone. :)

4. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Thanks for the updates, Mark and David! Looking forward to seeing you and your work in person!:)

5. TimProctor

TimProctor Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2010
  6. Grog_StarKiller2

Grog_StarKiller2 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2007
    Any idea of what Authors might be attending?

7. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    As of right now, I dont think ,any .
    Iv been to CII-IV and I cant remember any Authors being there. Could be wrong. Anyway,I havent heard of any for CV.

On topic.... LFL [face_frustrated] GIVE US THE REST OF THE ARTIST ALREADY!!![face_frustrated]

8. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    http://starwars.com/fans/events/celebration_v_artists_3/index.html

9. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Thanks Cat.
    There are so many in this rd I must have. The Spencer print is so great."That bad uh?"

10. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    My CV reservation information is posted here

See you all in Orlando

11. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Man..Still 10 more to be announced and Im already down for 10 prints. If there all $50 each on average that's $500 for me. Im gonna have to decide on what I must have and just want.This is one of the best celebration's art iv had to choice from.

12. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Today's additions are making me wonder what the remaining artists, like Jason Palmer will be debuting!

13. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Great to see more added. Still, I really want to hear confirmation of Mark Chiarello, Tommy Lee Edwards, Jan Duursema, and Dave Dorman...I mean, seriously, it just seems weird they haven't been announced yet (at least not to my knowledge).

Also, there usually are a few authors at the cons. I remember CIV had Denning, Allston, and Traviss because of Legacy of the Force, at the very least.

14. ksomm814

ksomm814 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    So, I'm curious. Where will the artwork be? I've been checking on the exhibitor list and alot of the artists aren't listed. I was planning on making this my first stop on Thursday since I want Chris Trevas' and possibly Malcolm Tween's

15. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    The Exhibitors and the Artists' Alley are usually in the same hall but under different categories, as well as there being a partition to separate the two. It's just much less chaotic that way (although it's still pretty darn chaotic). Just go to the Exhibitor's Hall and the area you need to go to should be spotted pretty much instantly. Even if it isn't, all you have to do is ask someone to point it out or check your map. Everyone, fans, volunteers, crew and staff, even guests if they know where to go, should be happy to help you out.

16. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Final round is up!
    I love the one with Vader and Fett fighting.

17. ksomm814

ksomm814 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    Hodges Dream Park made me laugh. That's so Orlando. [face_laugh]

18. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    The Jan Duursema print is simply STUNNING. =D=

19. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I might get two prints, the Hodges one for fun, but then I'm after one beautiful print to match my CIV Padmé print, and I don't have a clear favorite for that one. We'll see.

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's official: I'll never be able to choose! So many great ones!

Tom's made me laugh pretty hard, though. [face_laugh] We only wish, right?

You're wrong. ;)

Plenty of authors have been to prior Celebrations- they're usually at the various Del Rey, Continuity and Dark Horse panels, with signings on the show floor. Salvatore, Stover, Traviss, Denning, Allston, Zahn, Wallace, Ostrander, JJM and others have been to them, going back at least as far as Celebration 2's NJO panel.

I don't know of any official list yet, but I would assume Del Rey will have a FOTJ panel with at least Denning present, and Allston if his health is better from his operations last year. I would assume Golden would be there to round it out. Maybe Sean Williams to promote TOR/TFU2?

I'd be shocked with JJM wasn't there to promote and tease Knight Errant (book and comic), and Ostrander for whatever the post-Legacy announcement brings us is also a fairly good bet.

If past Celebrations are any indication, you'll also have a few authors representing the resource titles, like the Making of ESB, maybe The Atlas too.

21. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    You mean they had Zahn at a convention and I missed him? Aw, man....:(

Maybe we'll get lucky and Zahn, Stackpole, Perry, and Luceno all there. ESPECIALLY Stackpole.

I hope Karpyshyn is there for a panel as well, as I believe Path of Destruction didn't even come out until a few months after CIV, not to mention the two others since then. Plus I just want to shake the hand of one of the main people behind KOTOR.:)

22. MajinKaze

MajinKaze Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    Obviously Jan Duursema will be there due to the Artist Alley, but JJM confirmed on the DH message boards that he'll be there as well.

23. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    If anyone is willing to sell their wall space in their house, send me a PM. 'Cause I'm just about running out of space in my house for all these great prints.

24. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    You can hang them at my place. I will even give you a key so you can lock yourself in to see them.

By the way - did I mention I live in Denmark?:p

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    He was promoting Outbound Flight at C4, IIRC. I forget which book he was there for at C3 (but I remember passing by him at the fanforce party, where he was talking to a guy dressed up as Talon Karrde :D).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.