main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Celebration V Art work thread with Confirmed Artist

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by echo-3, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Stay on topic please. :)

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I can't argue with those colors ;)

Do we know if any of the artists are going to have their own booths elsewhere on the floor, or if they'll all be in Artist's Alley? I believe I recall Dorman having his own at at least one of them, but I don't recall the setup at C4 as clearly.

3. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Dorman did indeed have a separate booth, that he was at more often than the Alley. I couldn't find him until late Saturday.:oops:

Also, one last bit about the authors....he was at CIV?!? ARGH!

4. Photo-Knight

Photo-Knight Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 9, 2007
    If you already have a print or something by an artist, do the artists typically sign autographs on the print that you already own?

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Tom Hodges will have 5 more attraction posters connected to his "Dream Park" print, styled in the old Disney attraction posters style. One will be handed out at his booth each day, and a 5th (the Hoth coaster) will be handed out randomly.

I'm gonna make an effort to track those down :)

6. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Simply fantastic. Have to try to pick those up, not to mention the ones at the Panels for his book.

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh wow, those are awesome! I'm a HUGE fan of the Disney attraction posters, so I will definitely be trying to track these down throughout the weekend!

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  8. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    As was the case with CIV, I'm disappointed to see some artists strayed quite far from ESB as their main design for their prints (especially the prequel heavy-themed prints).

I know TCW is off-the-charts popular and not every artist would want to do a Hoth/Bespin/Dagobah mash-up of some sorts. But I would have liked every print to pay homage to ESB and the 30th anniversary. It's the reason 30,000+ fans are gathering together and should have been the main focus of every art print IMO.

The prequels had their Celebrations and their time to shine in Artist Alley.

9. wookieesrus

wookieesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2009
    Same here. While lots of them look really cool, I'm steering clear and don't plan to purchase those.

Kind of like how I'm treating my autographs...I'm only getting the ESB ones.

10. McHaleyArt

McHaleyArt Sketch Card Artist VIP

Jul 29, 2007
    I hear you. But as an artist, we have no idea what the 49 other (or so) artists are going to do for their piece. If we do a classic scene or montage, we run the risk of doing something very similar to the artist next door. I thought that if I just do an ESB montage it will appeal to everyone and sales will be good. But (again) you run the risk of repeating the same images. I'd rather paint something no one's seen before, with images/poses that are completely made up from scratch and hope it's appealing enough.
    Really looking forward to this show. I think we'll all have a blast.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think the variety is preferable, IMO. I mean, look at the selections we already have- do we need really a a 7th print with Vader's head in the middle of a montage? Or a 17th print featuring Boba Fett and/or the Bounty Hunters?

I think it's a safe guess that most people probably won't be buying more than 5 or 6 prints, so having some selection helps.

12. ksomm814

ksomm814 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    I agree, The three prints I want to buy are completely different.

13. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Still waiting for the prices of all of the prints to be revealed...

14. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Agreed.

15. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    At CIV I got my first ever Star Wars Celebration poster. It was Jeff Carliesle's "Thirty Years Ago in a Galaxy Far, Far Away.

Out of the artwork shown so far I quite like his "Destiny's Prize"- Slave 1 taking off from Cloud City (great color palette), Jerry Vanderstelt's TESB poster (great atmosphere) and Grant Gould's "Around Every Corner"- Ahsoka facing off TCW villains (great character design and concept).

Not sure if I'll purchase either of them. It will probably be an on-the-spot decision like last time.[face_batting]

16. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001
    Hi all! :D

My name is Leah Mangue and here is my contribution to the limited edition Star Wars Celebration V print pool! Priced at a very reasonable $35. :D

I hope to see you all there!

Leah

[image=http://www.starwars.com/fans/events/celebration_v_artists_4/art_mangue_bg.jpg]

17. wookieesrus

wookieesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2009
    Beautiful, beautiful!!! Gotcha on my list ;)

18. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Here's what I'm trying to figure out. I'm looking at the map of the Celebration Experience hall and I don't see where the Artist Alley is going to be. Am I missing it, or is it not labeled?

19. KalBuir

KalBuir Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2009
    I'm wondering the same thing and I don't see it either

20. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I think there are several things that haven't been labeled on the maps yet. Hopefully they solidify this stuff in the next week or so.

21. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001

Thank you! I look forward to meeting you! :D

L

22. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Could someone put this link in the first post, please?

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/en/Art-Show/

23. TerriHodges

TerriHodges Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2010
    Many fans have emailed me wanting to know more about the poster giveaways for Tom Hodges at CV. They are as follows:

Thursday 1pm & 4pm Coruscant Attraction Poster
    Friday 1pm & 4pm DeathStar Trench Run Poster
    Saturday 1pm & 4pm Gungan Bongo Adventure
    Sunday 1pm & 4pm Jabba Palace Grill

The Hoth poster is a "chase" and there will be several ways to capture one for yourself. Details on one of the ways you can get one will be released on Tom's pre-CV ustream show on August 6.

(and as a not-so-subtle hint I might suggest you follow @hodgesart @vmperella or follow the hash tag #HodgesCV on Twitter to find some more goodies!)

They are limited to one poster per day, per badge holder. I do apologize but I can't hold posters for fans who are not present, for any reason. Poster tubes for free posters will not be available from our booth. Schedule is subject to change at anytime, so please check daily at booth 536 for any changes.

The Clone Wars posters will be handed out only at group signings for the Star Wars:Tales from the Clone Wars book, the schedule to be posted at a later date.

Please feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Terri Hodges

24. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Thanks for the info Terri!

25. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    We're less than 2 weeks out, and we STILL do not have the final price list for all the art prints.

C'mon guys - you/LFL have to know what you're gonna be charging for your print by now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.