main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL OFFICIAL CF PAINTBALL THREAD UPDATED 4/22

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by darthgoat, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fett402

Fett402 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
    I tested out my gun on Saturday, and I'm fairly impressed by it. I went to a paintball/extreme sports store and picked me up a belt to carry extra tubes while I was home as well.

I also found out that I no longer fit into my cammies!! :_| I didn't realize how much weight I've actually gained since I wore them last...stupid fat...looks like I'll be looking for a thrift store or an army surplus near my apartment...maybe I can find the new "digital" patern...

2. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Where did you go? Paintball Explosion on Dempster is pretty good. They have a meager selection of gear but they'll order whatever you need if you can't find it online.

Sorry about the Underpants of the Whale. You should DE it.

3. Fett402

May 3, 2005
    I went to Bad Boyz Toyz in Orland Park. They have a nice selection of guns and new parts, but they are a little lacking in the gear department. My main reason to go was to fill my tanks...and then I got sidetracked with purchasing

4. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    one of the best places to go also is www.paintballgear.com

they used to be located in Elk Grove but now they moved to

Action Village, Inc.
    500 Thorndale Ave.
    Suite F
    Wood Dale, IL 60191

one of the best places to go. Paintball Explosion in Skokie on Dempster is a great place also the owner is a really cool guy also and gives good deals too.

5. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    English translation:
    =======================================

One of the best places I have found for paintball supplies is Action Village. The store was previously in Elk Grove but has been moved to Wood Dale. The new address is:

Action Village, Inc.
    500 Thorndale Ave.
    Suite F
    Wood Dale, IL 60191

They also have a website, http://www.paintballgear.com .

Another good store is Paintball Explosion. It is located on Dempster in Skokie, but I don't remember the exact address. The owner is a really cool guy and has given me some good deals in the past.

=======================================

6. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    thank you very much

7. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I'll be looking for passage to the Hobart system. Myself, a friend, 2 coolers, and no questions asked.

8. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Bring a change of clothes and you can ride in the USS Goat(NCC-1337).

9. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    The Hazvann will also have 3 or 4 spots available, provided everything goes well in the Core, we take down Rags on the first try, and I can get some beauty sleep.

10. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Updated with rendezvous info!

11. Brickout

Brickout Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    Check these on-line stores for BDU's
    http://www.outinstyle.com/
    http://www.bdu.com/

Some of the surplus stores are charging wayyyy too much.

12. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Ok, you say we meet in Jefferson Park, but the link you have on the 1st post has a map for 98th st. on the south side???

And, Mr. Goat, my buddy and I will have a change of clothes and ride in your Galaxy-class ship.

BTW, I'll be brining 2 coolers full of water and some energy bars from my work. Anyone care to volunteer to bring some snacks or Gatorade?

13. ObiWanBottari

ObiWanBottari Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Hey Darthgoat:
    Flippy and I really are going, really we are, but my PayPal is all spent out. So I want to put the cash in your hot little radiation blast proof glove. If it is any consolation, I spent it on paintball junk to loan out on the day of the game. Could I come by some time with the money, or might you suggest something convenient for you? I think Bobafem might have left a nice pair of leather fur lined gloves at the last costume event she attended. This might also be an opportunity to get them back.
    As the unofficial quartermaster of the Rebel Legion, I have acquired a far vaster collection of cast-off Mandolorian camoflage, armor, and weapons, which I will make availiable in the struggle against the Empire. To do this I will have to land on the planet with the ancient Millenium Before Last Turkey Buzzard, a near derelict cargo vessel, the only thing availiable to haul this load. Wish me and Flippingyodacola luck.
    With a death stare at the Death Star,
    Obi Wan Bottari

14. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Doh! Google Maps is more smarter than me. Location fixed!

I'll bring a few bags of chips and stuff for us.

Obiwan,

You can just bring cash on the day of if Paypal is an issue. It's no problem. Also bring the gloves next week. Femme doesn't think she left them but I can check just in case.

Less than a week to go!

15. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    My only fur lined gloves are stretched out and a bit unpretty on the outside. Black fur on the inside. I really don't think I wore them last club. Or maybe I did and I was obsessing over not leaving a cord.

16. Rogue4809

Rogue4809 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2003
    Well, after many attempts, I intend to join you this trip. I will be at the Jefferson Park meeting on Saturday.

My paypal account expired, can I just pay there? I will come prepared with "dirty" clothes, clean clothes, comfortable boots, knee pads, gloves, and lunch. Do I need anything else?

See you all on Saturday.

17. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Yes you can certainly pay on site.

You won't be paying me you'll be paying JediAutobot though. I'm just organizing the troops ;)

18. ObiWanBottari

ObiWanBottari Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    OK, message recieved, now to apply the duct tape to the Millenium before Last Turkey Buzzard, tune it up as best as possible, and try to box up and organize the equipment.
    There will be extra camoflage, body armor, masks, helmets, belts, armored gloves, kneepads and weapons for 5-6 others besides ourselves, plus a pile of odds and ends to suppliment the Endor troopers who show up short.
    Should I bring pet shampoo for the Ewoks?
    May the Force be With You,
    Old Obi Wanna Paintball

19. Fett402

May 3, 2005
    Does anyone have a link to the paintball video from last year? I want to show my roommate a little of how "hardcore" you guys are about this stuff...plus I want to hear Goat tell me how good paint tastes!

20. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    It's simple.

Go to http://www.chicagoforce.org

Click on the "Events" link at the top of the page.

You will see the various paintball outings listed.

But, because you're lazy, and because Shadow is going to spend the weekend at my house, here are the video links:

You know, one of these days I am going to have to block external HTTP_REFERERs so people can't do this kind of linking. Thanks for raping my bandwidth, gimp.

EDIT: The 2003 link was borked, so I removed it.

21. Fett402

May 3, 2005
    Thanks Haz...that's the only place I didn't look on that page...silly me!!

And I said you can have Shadow for a day...and the new rule is if I see you do anything inappropriate with her...lets just say I'll be getting inked by a guy named Bubba.

22. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Man...is it Saturday yet?

Hey has anyone heard from Sithy? Is he and his crew gonna make it?

23. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    I hope so. His ninja antics make great footage.

If there is anyone out there who is curious about what paintball is, but maybe doesn't want to get shot at the first day, I am short a camera-person. It would be taking still pictures with my camera. No experience necessary, but you need to be smart enough to learn how to run a digital camera (push the button half-down, focus, then the rest of the way). Please let me know as soon as you can if you are interested.

24. DrJawa

DrJawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    What happens if it rains? Not that I'll really mind as getting filthy is part of the fun that is paintball but just wondering.

25. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    If it rains, you get wet while we play paintball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.