OFFICIAL CF PAINTBALL THREAD UPDATED 4/22

Discussion in 'Chicago, IL' started by darthgoat, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fett402 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Do you get wet when it rains?? Please don't tell me that! PLEASE!!

Have I ever told anyone that I hate rain? Cuz I really do!
  2. DrJawa Jedi Knight

star 3
  3. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    One thing I learned from Basic Training (held in balmy Ft. Polk, LA in July and August) is that it does not rain on This Man's Army. Civilians get wet. Weaklings get wet. The ENEMY gets wet. My Army does not. I am not wet. It is a figment of my imagination. I will continue with my mission regardless of what weather Almighty God decides to bless me with because I am a soldier, and it does not rain on soldiers.

I assume it's the same for Marines. Hope this helps.
  4. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds like a change of clothes is going to be key for Saturday.
  5. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Well, I'm out. Finals aside, I just found out that I have an orientation meeting for a potential summertime study-abroad in Berlin this Saturday.

Crap.

-Le Penguin
    "All of them witches."
  6. Fett402 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't care what the Army says...or what the Marines say...or what God himself says...I HATE RAIN!!
  7. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    In Soviet Russian rain hates you!
  8. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    If it rains, just pretend you're reenacting the Battle of Jabiim.

Phil
  9. Brickout Jedi Knight

Looks like the rain might hold out till noon. After that they're calling for scattered showers. So I don't think it's going to be that bad.

25 hours to go!
  10. Fett402 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, my roommate is not going to be able to go...school issues and possibly work related issues...so I will be driving myself...and myself! So if someone needs a ride, hit me up.
  11. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm pickin up 4 big bags of chips and such.

Stuff to remember:
    Cup - for the fellas. Keep your grapes safe.
    Water - lots. I know Jodo said he'd have some but bring some extra because we'll drink a lot of it.
    Change of clothes - thanks to the rain it will likely be quite muddy out there
    Knee pads - not required but I recommend them. Especially for the QCB maps.

See you guys at the rendezvous point at 7:15am. We're motoring at 7:30 SHARP so don't be late. Again if you want my cell # send me a PM.

Make sure you've checked the first post in the last couple days because I updated the location link so it now points to the correct place.

First game at 9:00am.

See you on the ready line.
  12. Fett402 Jedi Knight

star 3
    <--- Jumping up and down like a 2 year old with a sucker in front of his face!!

IS IT SATURDAY YET!?!?
  13. JodoKast74 Jedi Master

star 4
    Look, I'm on a computer again!!

Anyhoo, to those driving, get to Indiana on fumes. Gas ain't much cheaper but it's a heck of alot better than around here.

And I'll have 2 cases of water with me. I'll only charge 5 bucks a bottle. WHAT A BARGAIN!!

To those who don't know me, I'm just kidding.
  14. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    To those that do know him, you have my pity.

If anyone has a friend/relative/sex partner that wants to see what paintball is about, but might not want to play, I'm still looking for someone to use my camera to take pictures.
  15. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm completely ready to go.

I bought a 3 bags of chips for us.
  16. JodoKast74 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay!! Almost 12 hours to go!!

Me likey paintball!! Me likey paintball!!!

[image=http://www.chicagoforce.org/images/pball2002/P9220034.jpg]
  17. flippingyodacola Jedi Knight

star 2
    Neat, I'm looking forward to tomarrow.
    Rain or not, We've got more camo panchos then I believed were humanly possible.
  18. Fett402 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Only 5 hours till I need to wake up....man I hate not being able to sleep before a big event...so if for some reason I passout while in the brush...just kick me and point me in the direction to shoot!
  19. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    I think I am going to kick you, regardless of whether you are asleep or not.
  20. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    I see they called for rain & 55 degrees all day there in Hobart. I hope that just made it more "interesting" instead of miserable. There's rain in Star Wars at least.

Bosh
  21. Fett402 Jedi Knight

star 3
    OMG!! I had a blast yesterday! My legs are so fricking sore right now though!! If I didn't go in my friends hot tub last night my back would be sore as well. I'd like to thank everyone for now getting me addicted to this wonderful "sport"...time to go looking for mods!
  22. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah man I am hurting as well. The bruise on my shoulder(courtesy of someone's EGrip being on 3 rnd burst) is killing me. At least it hit meat instead of a spot where its just skin and bone.

For being the worst CF paintball, thanks weather and IL State Troopers, it was damn fun! I had a great time.

Hopefully we can get another one in during the summer and again in the early fall.

Now to clean up all this crap..
  23. DrJawa Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow, as always paintball was one of the, if not the best Chicago Force event of the year. I had an absolutely great time and will definitely go again anytime that Chicago Force organizes this! I already can't wait for the possible summer and fall outings. It also really doesn't matter if you have gear or not, or if you've ever played paintball or not, it's a great time for anyone who attends. So if you've never done it before, I whole-heartedly recommend it. It's a great work-out too as I'm still sore today.

And of course big thanks go out to everyone who helped organize and participated in this great event!
  24. Hawk-Bat Jedi Master

star 4
    great time as always just wondering. Where did my money go lol.
  25. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    Is it me or did Peaches just stab the English language in the face?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.