Chic, IL Official Chicago Force Fall Paintball trip! Contact info added!

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by darthgoat, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthgoat Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Strap on your gear and get dirty! It is that time again for the annual CF pilgrimage to Blast Camp for some paintball action.

The Date: October 8th
    The Place: Blast Camp in Hobart Indiana

More details to come.

This is one of the events that you should not miss! It gets more fun each time we do it.

GET ON THE READY LINE!!!

Edit 8-31:
    The details.

Carrie is reserving our spot(thanks Autobot!). We need a minimum of 10 people to get the reserved game.

YOU MUST HAVE THE PAYMENT IN BY OCTOBER 6. After that, you have to pay onsite.

If you are Paypalling, the costs are as follows:
    With own equipment - $17
    Without own equipment - $27

Paypal to paypal@chicagoforce.org.

Please include the following information.
    Player's CF JC name
    Player's real name
    Over-18 (Y/N)

If you are paying at an event(like book club or something) the fees are $15 and $25. The extra 2 bucks is to cover Paypal fees.

We would prefer that you prepay if possible. This will help us make sure we lock in the field. Yes you can pay on-site as well. The fees are the same.

Paint prices
    100 rounds.....$6.00
    200 rounds.....$11.00
    500 rounds.....$25.00
    1000 rounds....$45.00
    2000 rounds....$80.00

IMPORTANT
    If you are under 18 you must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. No exceptions.

The [link=http://www.chicagoforce.org/cf_release.pdf]CF waiver[/link] must signed as well as [link=http://www.blastcamp.com/ReleaseForm.htm]Blastcamps' waiver.[/link] Only those under 18 and their parent or guardian must sign the CF Waiver. Everyone must sign Blastcamp's. This can be done on-site.

MEETING INFO
    We will be meeting at Veteran's Square on the north side. We'll consolidate cars and drop the extra cars in front of my place. Parking is ample.

In order to get to the field on time the meeting time is 7:15am-7:30am. We roll at 7:30am sharp. Anyone that comes after that is on their own. We will not wait for you, so don't be late.

The address is below.

4867 N MILWAUKEE AVE
    CHICAGO, IL 60630

This location is right off the Jefferson Park Blue Line and Metra stops. It is also very close to the highway. If you have questions about getting there or general questions PM me asap.

My cell is 773.851.4623.

Blastcamp's address is:
    550 W County Road 600 N
    Hobart, IN 46342
  2. flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Alright!!! My dad and I will be there, Ill start getting him excited now.
  3. FlamingSword Jedi Knight

star 6
    This was pretty fun when I went two years ago. And it's going to be funner this time?! Sweet :)
  4. Fett402 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I have never been paintballing........hmmmmm.....but being a prior Marine, I shouldn't have a problem with tactics...or aiming....unless you have beer there...then I might become useless...
  5. Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan

star 4
    sorry no beer and paintball. I will be there even if its at blast camp and hopefully I will have my new Smart Parts ION by then so woohoo.

Smart Parts ION
    [image=http://www.smartparts.com/Products/images/prodIon-colors.gif]
  6. JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hawk, all those guns won't protect you from the most formidable weapon known to you..Thom's hand.

I have to beg and see if my wife can take off of work that day to babysit.
  7. Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan

star 4
    A helmet might solve that problem.
  8. darthgoat Jedi Padawan

star 4
  9. BoshTalk Jedi Youngling

What do you mean "even if it's BlastCamp"? You have a better suggestion/deal? And while you're at it, where's my paintball jersey?

Bosh
  10. Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I just perfer Badlandz. But Blast camp is a good place just wish could bring own paint.
  11. QuicksilverG4 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'll try to be there (I'm down at U of I right now) . . . but given:

1) The fact that I went crazy and blew through at least a case of paintballs leftover from last year (and a couple of air tanks) last spring, sniping anything remotely non-human that dared to defile our pristine backyard, means that all duck-like camo outfits are DEFINITELY out.

and . . .

2) the fact I have had the misfortune to shoot two fine opponents at short range in the side of the head, means that I should probably buy everyone on the other team a cool titanium-reinforced helmet, like this . . .

http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/cmullins/MC_helmet.jpg

. . . and maybe play speedball without pants. ;)

Or maybe not!
  12. darthgoat Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Badlands = Mostly Speedball which = suck which makes you = suck.
  13. Brickout Jedi Youngling

Oh you know I'm in!

Me and my tweaked, e-grip'd A5 are ready to ROCK!
  14. DrJawa Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I've already marked the day on my calendar and am definitely in for this! Paintball is an absolute blast and it's been too many years since I played last. But it hasn't been so long that I've forgotten the disparity between rental guns and that ones that players own themselves. So really my question is how many people are serious players (own their own equipment) vs. how many people are more casual (use field guns)?

15. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Depending on my fiances I might make it up for this. I've been paintballing once and loved it, be fun to try again.
  16. Hazmatt Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Regarding "pro's vs. n00bs": we have the entire range, mostly on the 'n00b' side. It's never really been much of an issue, since we get enough people and reserve our own private game, so it is only CF members and no walk-ons.
  17. JediJeff13 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Keagan and I will be there.

My once a year show my face event! :)
  18. JediFalcon25 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Im down for some paintball, does anyone know how much it'll cost, and what times we'll play?
  19. darthgoat Jedi Padawan

star 4
    It will cost about 20 bucks to get in that includes the field fee, gun/mask rental, and 1 free air fill. You have to pay for paint at the field which is usually split between several people. We play from the minute they open(9:00am) till they kick us out(5:00pm).

I'll have details once Dragon-Con is over.

I wonder if they will let us play Embassy over and over all day. We could only take breaks to play Balls to the Wall.

CQB ftw!
  20. Brickout Jedi Youngling

According to the site http://www.blastcamp.com/

Prices are:
    $25.00 per person - includes Masks/goggles and semi-auto paintball gun.
    $15.00 per person if you have your own equipment.

Paint:
    100 rounds.....$6.00
    200 rounds.....$11.00
    500 rounds.....$25.00
    1000 rounds....$45.00
    2000 rounds....$80.00
  21. darthgoat Jedi Padawan

star 4
  22. DrJawa Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Wow, that's a lot cheaper than I expected/remembered, with that I am now 100% in.

This definitely sounds like one of the marquee CF events of the year.

And I'm sure there are some interesting stories from years past, so let's hear him.
  23. Hazmatt Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, there are pictures on CF.org, but...

Carrie got shot at close range, in the hand. There was blood.

The Octagon is eclipsed in coolness only by the Embassy.

Mark shot the cameraman in the family jewels. Orange shirt means STOP people!

Foam-core board makes really bad and ineffective lightsabers.

Try out scenario games before springing complex rules on newbies.

Bring a lot of water. No, really. Lots. Everyone always forgets.

Tempers will flare when paint flies. Please stop and try to remember we're all on the same side.

Sithman has ninja-like qualities, right up to the point where he got shot.
  24. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Lol @ Haz! I'm coming for sure now, doesn't cost as much as I thought. Now I just need to get a room to crash that night :)
  25. darthgoat Jedi Padawan

star 4
    My favorite memories of paintball include but are not limited to:

-Tate and I lighting up Sithy whilst he was in a trench trying to dynamite our bunker. I think Tate emptied the hopper on him.

-The four man Embassy storming team. Ohblee, Tate, Brickout and me. We took out most if not all of the Embassy defenders while the rest of our team provided a suitable diversion.

-The close range hand shot. Priceless.

-Sithy and Quicksilver's wily tactics on The Hill

-Peaches whining about his Auto-Cocker. An expensive gun is worth nothing if it doesn't fire. A-5 ftw.

There are so many to pick from and I know there are more.

This is truly one of the "must attend" events of the year. That and the yearly X-Mas party.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.