main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Official Chicago Force Fall Paintball trip! Contact info added!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by darthgoat, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    If you want a head shield get the new one JT just came out with its just a headshield version of the new Flex 8.

[image=http://www.jtusa.com/2005/images/Flex8-Fullcover1.jpg]

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I'm in!

I will try to make it to the September 18th Collector's Club or the September 24th Book Club to make the necessary payments.

Will someone be at either of those meetings to collect paintball money?

3. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    I didn't think that was available yet peaches.

I might upgrade to that. The foam is key though. If the foam is better I will definately upgrade.

Oh and Spec Ops has the original Headshield for 28 bucks.

http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/product_detail.asp?SKU=401+0006&CAT=112201301

4. Brickout

Brickout Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    Any remote on the market should work. The 3000 PSI on your tank means it can handle 3000 PSI of pressure. Your tank should have a regulator (fixed or adjustable) that controls the air pressure output. A Tippmann A5 runs on a min of 850 PSI. A 32* remote is a good quality remote. http://www.hotshotpaintball.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=32D-REMOTE-SLIDECHK&Category_Code=REMOTES&Product_Count=1 Make sure you get a slide check so you can disconnect the remote from the marker without having to degas it.

The helmet I'm using is a V-Force Profiler.
    http://www.hotshotpaintball.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=VF-PROFILER-BLK
    It's on the expensive side, but I figured since I play a lot I?ll get my use out of it. It also has a HUGE lens for a great field of view. V-force also has some lower priced models that have lenses that are just as big.

Here are some really good links:
    http://www.pbreview.com Great for product reviews and information.
    http://a5og.net/ THE GOTO PLACE for any A5 owner.

Advice for the first time players:
    *A mask of your own is nice, but if you?re on a budget it's not that necessary. The first two times I played I used rentals. It?s no big deal. I recommend you bring some alcohol wipes to disinfect the mask.
    *Knee and elbow pads are a must.
    *Full finger or half finger gloves really help.
    *Baby wipes or something similar. There is no running water at Blastcamp.
    *A cup or heavy padding to protect the family jewels
    *A bandana to cover the top of your head.
    *Bring water, lots and lots of water
    *Paint pods and pouch. I think you can rent these but you can also get a simple one for under $20 at Wal Mart, Meijer, or any sporting goods store. Here?s one at Dick?s for $14.99. http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2019806&cp=712507.712513&page=2&doVSearch=no&pageBucket=0&parentPage=family
    *A good attitude. You WILL get shot, it WILL hurt. Getting mad won?t change anything. There?s always another game to play.

5. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    A good attitude. You WILL get shot, it WILL hurt. Getting mad won?t change anything. There?s always another game to play.

Amen, brother.

6. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    I found pods + pounch for $8 bucks at Sports Authority this weekend. Two 100 round pods are included.

I don't think you need elbow pads but they would certainly help as some of the buildings are downright nasty.

Don't wipe either! I wouldn't want to have to shoot you twice. ;)

7. Brickout

Brickout Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    That's a good deal!

True, you don't need elbow pads, I just started wearing them. I had an incident where another player and I were running for the same building and we collided and I hit my elbow on his marker. My elbow got cut, swelled up and hurt pretty bad for a few days.

8. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
  9. QuicksilverG4

QuicksilverG4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2003
    Wow. I had no idea what the Warhammer Ultramarines were, so I researched it. That's like modeling and terminal geekism had a child. I have to admit, when I saw the huge battle field here, I though it looked pretty cool.

As far as Goat's comment about the expensive accessories, I still don't get it: an entry level-autococker costs $20 more than a solid piece of metal. I mean, I bet it took more R&D to design the gun. Here's a good one: $40 for something that probably cost $5 to make. Also, I think it's simpler to have a remote, since you don't have to deal with the tank, but I suppose it's personal preference.

Actually, that link for the muzzle break just gave a good idea--why not paint the metal line running from the bottom of the grip to the gun black?

Hawkbat, that helmet is around $70 (I knew about it a little while ago, but thanks for the heads up!). That's crazy-expensive, and the extra cost doesn't really buy that much of an advantage. It looks really cool, though, and it's easily available on eBay. Here's a good deal on it, if you're interested. Thanks for the pricing deals--I actually wound up getting the Headshield from Dick's Sporting Goods, and with the online coupon code I Googled, I got it for $31 including shipping and tax.

As far as the remote goes, I wish I could find something for less than $30, but everything less than that seems pretty low-quality.

10. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    I had no idea what the Warhammer Ultramarines were

Yeah so I've got, like, $3K worth of Warhammer stuff, including an 8'x6' battle table I made myself. I even made my own Marines chapter, with their own history, codex, webpage, and names for all 1,200 men. I'm a terminal geek, then?

I watched the video on the link you provided for the muzzle break, and it made me think. When this whole paintball thing started, there was a big uproar about how people were just training for paramilitary groups so they could take over the government. The military/police poo-poo'd this, saying that a bunch of unorganized kids could never be trained as well as the profressionals (though we did hand one marine group their ass in a paper bag one Saturday afternoon).

A few weeks ago I was watching a documentary on the clearing of Saddam's hometown in Iraq. They basically had to clear the entire town house-to-house. About 10 minutes into the program it struck me: they were playing Attack/Defend. The rangers going into these houses looked like 5-man paintball teams. They even carried their M-16s with the stock on top of their shoulder, instead of planted firmly in their shoulder, like so many speedball players do. The grip, the stance, it was all there.

Just funny how military training used to spill over into paintball, and now paintball tactics are being used by the military.

11. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    And that entry level autococker is gonna suck.

It is a business. Businesses exist to make money.

That muzzle break probably did cost $5 to make. They probably had to spend several thousand drawing them up in CAD then sending them to a machine shop to be CNC'd.

Not many people are going to want that. The market for an M82 milsim is pretty tiny. Most folks want to turn their A-5 into an MP5 or an M4. It is definately a niche piece.

Don't ever get into props with that attitude. You're going to be sorely disappointed. Even the smallest seemingly most inexpesive parts can sometimes cost a lot more than you think.

12. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    My guess is that if Goat ever went mil-sim, he'd get something like this instead.

13. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    so according to goat, you're not supposed to wipe when you play paintball?

what, no toilet paper at blastcamp??? that's just nasty.

14. JediFalcon25

JediFalcon25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Who ever is in charge of the Paintball event, pm with all the info, how much, what to bring, etc, thanx

15. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    It is all in the very first post JediFalcon.

That is the poorest representation of the Pulse Rifle I have ever seen. If it were more accurate I would consider it.

I'm going for something like this. Minus the ridiculous amount of optics on it. I snagged a cheap red-dot FOT sight for about 20 bucks that will do the job.

16. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Thank you for reading the thread, JediFalcon!

17. Brickout

Brickout Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    Payment sent.

18. JediFalcon25

JediFalcon25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Yo Sithman no problem!!

19. QuicksilverG4

Mar 19, 2003
    Either I missed it or it was never posted, so, question: what's the latest date that you'd like us to pay by?

20. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    I'm trying to get that info. It will be posted very soon.

21. DrJawa

DrJawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Just to clarify, this event is Saturday, Oct. 8th right as in the email I received today detailing a lot of the coming events it stated the date for paintball was Oct. 1st.

22. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Yes, it is October 8. In a rush to get TMICF out before September was over, the date was overlooked.

23. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    There is no cut off for payment. However because that could cause some logistical issues, I'm going to make an executive decision and say if you are paying via Paypal YOU MUST HAVE THE PAYMENT IN BY OCTOBER 6. After that, you have to pay onsite.

In other news, I am now ready to blast you :D

[image=http://www.darthgoat.com/images/pwnd/DSCN3251.jpg]

24. QuicksilverG4

Mar 19, 2003
    Ah ha! Look who has more money than brains! [face_whistling]

Just kidding, man. That's pretty sweet (I was looking at some of the exact same stuff), but I didn't feel like paying $150 (the best price I could find) for a purely cosmetic makeover. Is that about what you paid?

I still can't believe that you're not going with a remote, unless you only use small 8-12oz CO2 tanks. Anything bigger, and it's hard to get comfortable (at least for me). You should try using the stock when you've got a 47cc NO2 tank installed! [face_tired]

On a side note, does anyone have an extra barrel plug or cover that they'd like to sell me so that I don't have to go looking for one this week?

25. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Actually less than $150. I got a few deals. ;)

The weight is not bad even with the tank. I'll have no problem. It is quite well balanced actually. The stock makes a HUGE difference.

The red dot site is not even worth the 12 bucks I paid for it. The dude said it was their "value" sight. I'm not sure what the value is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.