main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Official Choreography Competition**

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Master_Comyn, Sep 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    I LOVE YOU, DAVID!!!

2. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    you love me?! what?! Oh, you mean Daft. Darn, I thought someone really loved me.......... :(

:p

3. jpbmproductions

jpbmproductions Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    So there isn't any age group correct? :D

Sweet, If not, You'll be seeing some of the moves that will later be in my fan film!

AWESOME Idea!!:D

4. buliwif

buliwif Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    He would've thought he was on his way to winning

would have thought??? friend, I DON'T THINK!!! (wait a sec... that didn't come out right...)

er... anyway, may the best man/woman/Bothan win!

:D

oh, and D-man... you figured right ;)

5. jedifatkid79

jedifatkid79 Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2002
    How am i able to make it into a Sorenson.mov format?

What is the prize for first place?

6. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    How am i able to make it into a Sorenson.mov format?
    What editing software do you have? You can certainly do it using Quicktime Pro which is available here

What is the prize for first place?
    Kudos. Plus bragging rights for a year. :)

7. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    I suppose you could also laugh in Rive's face... but that may be hazardous to your well-being.

Hooray! I'm starting work on my clip today!

8. Sarlacc_Pit

Sarlacc_Pit Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2001
    I think you can count on the SOTJ guys on participating....sounds like a lot of fun!
    Are there extra points for scantily clad females doing the fighting? ;)

9. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    Sorry, but judging criteria must be fair, although you'll probably become more popular with some of the others around here.

10. Sarlacc_Pit

Sarlacc_Pit Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2001
    <<Sorry, but judging criteria must be fair>>

I was only kidding...never take anything I say too seriously....except about the scantily clad females...I wasn't kidding about that. I know that I wouldn't mind watching a lightsaber clip like that!

11. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    AAAAAH! Corre! El Gato Diablo incindiame en culo!

And in what way do you love DaftMaul, like the love a man has for a woman or like the love of a commic book colector for a foot long hotdog?

12. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    Either way sounds perverted, WD.

And I knew you were kidding. Forgot to add a smiley. Never take me too seriously, ever.

13. jc_stratus

jc_stratus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2002
    **pant pant** man ive been training hard since i heard about this

14. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    oh, I had no idea that anyone could read that as a serious statement, I will be sure to add a smiley next time :( :) :D

15. GarenLiLorian

GarenLiLorian Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2001
    Wait... So, all we have to do is the choreography, and you'll rotoscope the @#*%-ing thing for us? Oh, I am SO there.

16. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    like I said if that is the case I am SO doing my ending 10 man 5 min. fight scene and entering that in this competition to get the rotoscoping done for me!

*can we volunteer Ryan_W to rotoscope for the winner BTW?* :D

[Ryan_W]Slapps WD, don't you ever say something like that again lest I send my attack clones against you! They are trained in the art of talking and snatching letters from my hand so watch yourself![/Ryan_W]

17. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    i'd like to have someone roto my clip when its done... even though i can... but there's just something about watching your own roto'ed clips that makes you all warm and fuzzy inside...

Ok, was that a little on the creepy side? Or am i right in saying that? ;) :D :p

18. Darth_Knight

Darth_Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2002
    LOVE the idea of this competition, and hopefully I and a friend will be entering, but I have a couple of questions.
    1. Is live steel (real swords) ok?

2. How strict are you on the "lightsaber style" classification? We are trained in quarterstaff (among other things) and although it's used similar to a double bladed lightsaber, there are some staff moves that I don't think could be done with any saber we've seen yet.

3. Will you accept a clip of a longer fight? (I've done a lightsaber duel, but it's 5 min long)

4. Can one person submit more than one clip?

hope someone can answer these Qs for me, and good luck to all!

19. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    1. Is live steel (real swords) ok?

No. This deals with choreography relating to Star Wars fanfilms. While some EU characters use metal weapons, for the most part, lightsabres are used. So my answer would be no. But if that's all you have and you absolutely must, then we'll consider it.

2. How strict are you on the "lightsaber style" classification? We are trained in quarterstaff (among other things) and although it's used similar to a double bladed lightsaber, there are some staff moves that I don't think could be done with any saber we've seen yet.

I'm assuming you're referring to the between-the-hand staff block that would take a normal double-end lightsabre out of commision (for my theories as to why it wouldn't end up being two swords, PM me). Part of choreography is keeping within the boundaries of the world the fight takes place in. Just keep in mind that you're choreographing a lightsabre fight for a SW fanfilm.

3. Will you accept a clip of a longer fight? (I've done a lightsaber duel, but it's 5 min long)

Sorry, but must be strict about this. Anything over 2 minutes (especially if not properly compressed) would be too big a file. We don't want to overwhelm the bandwith of our host (who has yet to be found *hint hint*).

4. Can one person submit more than one clip?

You can, but try to do it under different names. Like if you have three clips, and three or four actors, name it after each one of them. This way we don't have something like BurnettClip1.mov, BurnettClip2.mov, so on and so forth. It just gets confusing.

On another note, first day of choreographing my fight turned into utter chaos. One had to go to school (he thought he had the day off), and the other completely dissapeared off the face of the earth. It's not looking good for Team Comyn. [face_sad]

20. Darth_Knight

Darth_Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2002
    thanks for the help. Yes, you're right about the quarterstaff block, didn't think that it would work, but I figured it didn't hurt to ask. When I asked about using a clip, what I ment was could I submit a clip (clip would be within the required time limits) of this longer fight? And come to think of it, one last Q: the fight I just mentioned was filmed a couple of years ago (but never published or performed) . is that a problem, or does the fight have to be specifically done for this competition?
    thanks

21. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    I would think not. So long as you're not submitting an edited clip from a previously released fanfilm. We can't have Dave Thomas submiting scenes from Duality or anything like that.

Excuse me: Dave Macomber. :D

22. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Comyn: I do that ALL THE TIME.

Then I imagine the Wendy's guy pulling off a scissor-kick and otherwise whomping @$$ and get the giggles.

M. Scott

23. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    I can't wait to see some of the clips that will be entered in this contest. But, I guess I'll just have to. :( :_| :_| :(

Aaron

P.S.

I'll see if I can pull off a short clip over 30 seconds, but I doubt it. If I can get one of my friends to be in it, that is. But probably not.

24. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    LOL :D LOL :D that is halarious!

25. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    Oh, yeah, and I can definitely host a site for it, and maybe some of the movies too, but we'll see about that later. As long as someone helps me out with the site artwork unless I should just make a simple HTML page in two minutes.

Aaron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.