main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Official City of Heros thread.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Axia_Euxine, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Now that I have aquired this game I thought I would start this thread. Is anyone else thinking about playing this game, or are you interested in my adventures and possible screen shots or should I just let this thread die?

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I'd like to see screenshots.

3. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I wish I could play this game, just like I wish I could play galaxies... dang not having a good enough computer and not enough money to buy one...

4. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    I'm thinkin about it...definitely thinkin about it...Galaxies has kinda of lost it's appeal to me. But screen shots would be cool.

5. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    ok Ill see if I can get some up pretty quick. I was playing last night from about 6:30 to 12:30. I got to level 6 which allows for the power of flight. The first level of that is "hover" which is very very slow for flying. But still, blasting bad guys with my super powers from the air was so cool!!

I friging love this game. I was patroling King's row during the night and I saw two thieves trying to steal a car. One was working a jimmy while the other held a flashlight so his partner could see and they were talking about it! I was all "That is SO COOL!" They were immediately stopped by a well placed application of my powers! Naughty, naughty evil doers!

Yeah Galaxies has lost its charm for me as well. Its JUST....NOT....STAR....WARS. And the bugs! Ack!

City of Heroes is so much more fun. You feel like a superhero right away and you get more abilities right away! Not to mnetion the ability to create 8 characters per server!

(edit) Oh! And another thing! There is no AFK macroing in this game, the developers forbid it and the macro system in game doesnt allow for the possibility! WOOT! Imagine an online game where players are....ON LINE! And there's no chefs in this game either!

Game Review #1

Game Review #2

Game Review #3

(edit2) OH and yet another thing! Theres no spawn camping in this game! If you are in the general vicinity of a spawn point the bad guys won't show up. So no campers! WOOT! Becuase campers suck!

6. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    If you quit Galaxies, can I have all your stuff and your credits?

I am being serious.

7. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    well, unless my wife stops playing on that account I still have to pay for it so I will hold onto my stuff. If I ever do truly quit then sure.

8. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    coooooooooooool!!!!

9. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Alright boys and girls, here are the screenshots. I posted them on a quick and dirty (yet clean) website I created. It has all the characters Ive made as of this posting.

Halcyon and Snowminx were Beta characters, Down strip was a character I played on an account someone let me borrow and Zarah and Zia are characters on my account. Zarah is my main character for now

City of Heroes Screenshots

10. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Sa-weet!

11. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    neat-o....makes me even more interested in the game.

12. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    That does look pretty cool. Can you jump or fly from rooftop to rooftop, and when you're up there, can you see crime being committed down below?

13. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    You do not start off with the power to fly, that comes at Level 6 and its very sloooooow, (if you choose flight at level 6, there are other power pools to chose from at that time) until you find a power enhancement for that ability. You can fly from building to building. You can also climb up the fire escapes on the sides of some buildings all the way to the roof. So you can also jump from buildng to building if they are close enough. As far as seeing crime below, sometimes, depends how tall the building is, your graphics card, graphics setting etc. But, there are enemies on the roofs to fight as well some times.

Ill take some screenies of character creation if your are interested. Im trying to get screenshots with fighting and power effects in them but that takes some button juggling :)

14. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Yeah, I'm probably gonna give up Galaxies for this game!

15. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    if you give up galaxies, hook me up with all your stuff!

(the above was yet another shamless plug for Talon to get free stuff in Galaxies.)

16. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Yeah MORONDUDE, we can fight injustice together! Dont worry Talon since you didnt play Galaxies as much as the rest of us, you too will get sick of it. Its a bug infested (censor, censor) which is not Star Wars. Its a sci-fi (sort of) MMORPG with a Star Wars skin. With CoH you ARE a superhero, woot! (Very sad, Galaxies had such potential)

Did I mention you can play rock, paper, scissors in the game? Or flip a coin, the devs put it in there to resolve disputes LOL!

17. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    how many different servers are there for CoH?

18. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    bout 12 or so, Ill count next time I log in. But thats 8 characters per server!

19. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    There are 11 servers and you can have 8 characters per server. So a mere 88 characters at your disposal.

Tonight I reached level 10 which allowed be to form my own Superhero group. Man I love this game. I have tons more screen shots. will try to have them up soon. Got some more with action in them this time

20. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Whats the monthly charge on this one? And I can't find the min reqs anywhere, do you know where I can find them? I may make a comeback to online gaming since its possible that cable modem can be a business expense now...

21. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Monthly charges are the same as Galaxies. Also if you can run Galaxies you can run this game.

22. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    I'm accepting donations (spare parts, money, whole systems, etc...) to be able to play CoH or Galaxies in the comfort of my own home. I need to get a hard drive and a maybe a video card....oh yeah and i need like 4 IDE cables heh..

23. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    And it keeps getting better! check this out!

24. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    That looks so rad!

25. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.