main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Official City of Heros thread.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Axia_Euxine, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    What would your battlcry be? "Shut up, kid?"

2. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    LOL...btw, good job last night accountor.

3. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    hey no problem. we were tearing through guys like a hot knife through a cat. any time you guys want to take a guy 3 or 4 levels below you on a phat XP hunt, let me know. and the next we team and you aren't Photon Star, I am going to hover/teleport you off a building. BWAHAHAHA.

4. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    The battlecry was - Yeah, SHUTUP KIDS!

5. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    oh ok. what were the names of the other planeteers?

6. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Kwame - Earth
    Wheeler - Fire
    Linka - Wind
    Gi - Water
    Ma-Ti - Heart

Then you got the Eco-Villians:

Dr. Blight
    Hoggish Greedly
    Duke Nukem
    Looten Plunder
    Verminous Skumm
    Sly Sludge
    Zarm

And don't forget Whoopi Goldberg as GAIA!

7. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    well i already got dibs on wheeler

8. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I am in North Dakota with my laptop which is incapable of running CoH!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

9. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    simple solution to that problem....COME BACK TO VEGAS!!! lol

10. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Ding! Thats right, Zarah hit level 25 last night.

11. Inaen

Jun 17, 2002
    Photon Star Energy Blaster lvl 12
    Voltage Man Electricity Blaster lvl 11
    Mack Combs Invincible Tanker lvl 10

I may start a controller any suggestions?

12. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    Anyone up for some CoH this weekend? I want to work on Accountor before my brother gets the game so i can drop him from the middle of the sky with the greatest of ease. Also, have you guys seen the titles you get at 15 and 25? I am going to be The Ineffible Accountor at level 25. hahaha.

13. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    MoronDude gets paid today. MoronDude will by the game tomorrow. MoronDude will play on Sunday. MoronDude is so cool.

14. Inaen

Jun 17, 2002
    I will definately be playing this weekend. What time will you be on?

15. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    tonight after 11pm, tomorrow, on and off all day, sunday the same.

16. Inaen

Jun 17, 2002
    i will be on tonight around 10 ish and off and on through out the weekend.

17. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Oh, did I tell you City of Heroes rocks?!?

Last night, me and a group of five other level 7s and under stormed the sewers of paragon city! We took out a bunch of zombies and other riff raff. While it still took a long time to level, it was funner than just running around alleys looking for purse snatchers.

I'll be on around 6pm... and I'll probably stay on until midnight. I played an impressive 12 hours last night.

18. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    As some of you know I was trying to play pretty much all day saturday, but wasn't able to play as much as I had hoped and wound up standing around while some of you were talking to me. I apologize. But I finally got a story arc about the Vahz threatening the city's water supply with a drug that would make everyone zombies.

Thankfully I was able to single-handedly foil their plot, but I'm sure they'll try again soon. I got a souvenir from the ordeal, an ID badge which was my first clue in the arc. It was a lot of fun and pretty tough to do solo. Big zombies are tough in large groups with their vomit flying all over the place. Its a good thing I took the super stomach strength power. There were about 5 missions in all to complete and the final showdown was with a boss called the Butcher I believe.

Again, it was a lot of fun. XPwise I got about 150 for each mission and 250 after completing the story arc. That combined with hundreds of "arrested" zombies took me from 11.5 to 12.5 or so in level. I plan on trying every story arc possible and I would love to do the task force missions as well. Dang this game is awesome!

19. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    As for running around looking for purse snatchers, I find that to be incredibly boring and I have leveled almost exclusively with missions. Missions/quests are my favorite things about MMORPGs so I will try to do them all. And if you're level 8 already after 2 days with the game, I don't think you're taking long to level at all.

20. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    That's true. Hey, how do you make new contacts... I have one, but she's in King's Row, and I get my butt kicked there everytime.

21. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Unfortunately, only your current contacts give you new ones once you've done enough for them. I think I have somewhere around 8 contacts now. In kings row, if you turn on sprint and run in the middle of the street you should be okay in most places. I'm sure anyone here would help you though it if possible. Also in case anyone doesn't know already, once you do a couple jobs for contacts they allow you to call them. You can do this instead of running to them everytime you finish a mission or are looking for a new one. You should also call your contacts every time you level to see if they have new things for you.

22. Inaen

Jun 17, 2002
    hey do the story arcs come frome the contacts or somewhere else?

23. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    They come from your contacts like normal missions, but when you finish the mission the clues stay in the clue box, that's the only way you know its a story arc. Then the clues keep growing in size until you complete it. From what I've seen on different boards, there are 3 different arcs for levels 10-14, 3 for 15-19, and the higher levels get more arcs per level group. I wish there was some way to distinguish the arcs from missions, or to choose them on purpose, but there isn't yet.

24. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    The first update goes live today apparently. Check out the details here. This will be the real test, will the update features work as smoothly as the rest of the game or is this the beginning of our eventual cancellations?

25. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, I had (well, I still have it) a mission last night to defeat 10 of the Lost. I got the mission in Galaxy City, but after scouring the whole city, I couldn't find one single Lost. Where do I find them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.