main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Official City of Heros thread.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Axia_Euxine, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    WHEN DO YOU PLAY TALON!!!????

Gersaon, yes, you need to read the power descriptions in the game. Some will lower accuracy and defense while other do just strict damage. But yes, some just look different.

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I try to play at night, and it ends up being around 8-9:30 when I start, until around 11 or 12 when I end. sometimes later, if I am not falling asleep at the screen.

My name is Talon Wolfe, and I command the Dark Power!

3. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Weird, I have tried and tried to contact you when Im on.

4. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    What I meant was, does fire melee do more damage than stone melee or ice melee, is there some advantage to choosing fire over ice? Or maybe that's what you meant with your answer? Great, now I'm confused. I just need to get the game and play it and all will be well.

5. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    You could create a character named Pat Benatar, and wield both Fire and Ice!

6. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I dont believe so. But once you start dropping in enhancment the stats all change anyway. Also I believe their are enemies more suseptible to certain power types.

7. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    I need to get this game...I wanna be able to play whenever I want...(end post)

8. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Axia, I am also playing a character named Syd

She has a striking resemblance to another Syd we all know and watch on Sunday nights... and she kicks butt like her as well! (martial artist).

Syd is now level 4

9. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Syd is now level 5

10. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Syd is now level 6!

11. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Maybe someone should start the Official Syd's Level Updates thread... ;) just joshin'.

12. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah, you just wish you were playing this game.

13. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    So I'm guessing Syd is a pretty good "dancer" by now right?

14. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    yeah, she just got 'teleport foe' which is awesome!

15. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Yeah I have a character called Nyte that has teleport foe, its pretty cool. Zarah is getting close to level 18 though.

Zarah
    Zhar
    Nyte
    Ze
    Damia (used for character picks for M&M)

All on Infinity

16. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    BTW Zarah is now level 18! Woot!

I think I told you all this but just in case... The other day in game I was fighting a large group of enemies and bit off a weee bit more than I could chew. Since I was outside and not in a building I simply took to the sky, flying to safety. Or so I thought! One of the bad guys took to flight as well and followed me. I noticed this after getting at least 30 stories into the air. So I turned around and waited for him to approach. I Have this ability thats a super punch, it does very little damage but it sends foes flying.

This was the last enemy I had been fighting before my flight and he was as nearly dead as I was so I hit him with the punch! It connected and he went flying straight down into the ground, never to rise again! It was so cool! My first in-air battle!

This game is so much fun!

17. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    DANG!!! Now Im hooked too Axia!! Thanks alot!! Im gonna go ahead and buy this game and join you guys.

Look out for...........

Mack Combs!!!!

....btw, can a character have an afro as a hairstyle?

18. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Dude, the customization of your character in this game is the most incredible thing that has ever been done. I made 1 character and it took about 20 mins, and that was speeding through it. If they released just the character creator as a program I would buy it to make hundreds of characters. All that to say I don't know about the afro, but probably.

19. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Never created a guy character but I know as a female you can have both small and large afros, so I would assume so.

And I am TRYING to get everyone hooked to this game, its great!

20. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Syd just leveled again!

On infinity server, I am Syd and Talon Wolfe

21. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Hook, line and sinker. I can't get enough of this game now. And yes, there are afros available for both sexes. I made 5 chars, one of each origin and type, but I know I'll make more. So far I have:

Superdolt Natural Tanker Mace/Invulnerability lv2
    IQ Boy Technology Defender Empathy/Energy Blast lv2
    Pandora Moon Mutation Controller Mind Control/Radiation lv2
    Indifferent Magic Blaster Ice/Ice lv2
    Infinite Sorrow Science Scrapper Dark Melee/Regeneration lv5

Its so much fun to run around the city beating people up. So far I've just been running missions for the most part. Thanks to Axia for helping me out with my last one. Stupid vomiting zombies!

22. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Check this out, pretty funny and oh so true.

23. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    VERY funny!

Gerson, I didn't realize you needed help with the Zombies, I though you were just commenting on their puke and sound fx.

If you ever need help, give me a tell.

BTW, is anyone else frustrated with the fact you have to use commas after /tell (name) before your message? I think 50% of my messages are rejected because Galaxies trained me not to do it.

I must unlearn what I have learned.

24. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    You needed the comma in AC too. Yeah when I talked to you about the zombies I was doing just fine, but when I went on to the next mission there was a clump of them 1 level above mine. Zhar just happened to be nearby.

Once I hit lv6 with IS, then I think I'll start working on Superdolt. He's loosely based on Bann, but doesn't look anything like him. Its hard to make a black guy in this game I found out. Anyway, he's big and his costume is really ugly. His battlecry is 'Are you making fun of me?!' I gave him a mace instead of the super strength because I thought the later powers in the strength line looked dumb.

25. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    I have been seriously thinking about trying this game out. is there a free trial period? or am i paying right out of the box for this? The almighty Accountor may soon rise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.