main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Clone Wars Fleet Junkie Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by SuperSaiyaMan12, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Well, the medical station in Malevolence wasn't next to any war zone either, it was just in a safe location, probably with easy access to important locales. It might have been the case with Felucia. Putting a medical station right next to a war zone would make it too enticing a target. Plus, remember what the Felucians where farming? Healing herbs. Having a medical station over Felucia probably makes it very easy to supply it with medicines.

2. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    But, a I recall, the announcer specifically said it was for the citizens, not the troops.

By the way, they really need a name for the announcer. I think I'll make a thread for that...

3. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    What, isn't it official that the narrator is just Yularen goofing on in the bathroom?

Anyway, what he says is: "A series of medical stations have been established as a lifeline for those in need. But the facilities are easy prey for Separatist attacks."

That's not really saying they are for civillian use, though you could infer that if you wanted to. The "for those in need" line is pretty vague. Though who would be more in need of it than clones who get shot all the time?

4. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Listening to the latest ForceCast I was pretty saddened about Filoni's answer when asked about what happened to the Twilight. Basically he said he no longer cared for the ship, preferring the T-6 shuttle and other designs. From the way he said it it seemed they would no longer be using the ship in the series. If this is true, it will be a real pity. From the movie, the ship offered some great possibilities, a Falcon-like ship, with quite a lot of personality and a "functional" design. However, the ship has not been seen since the very beginning of last season, and it seems it's not really making a comeback. If they really wanted to get rid of the ship, why didn't they crash it in Bounty Hunters, then?

5. Armchair_Admiral

Armchair_Admiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Yeah, I'm disappointed that the TCW crew abandoned the Twilight just like that. Among other things, it would have given Anakin numerous chances to demostrate his mechanic abilities. I forsee this will be an example of poor intraseries continuity where a once-prominent feature disappears for no good reason.

6. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Personally, I never thought that it made sense that someone in the military was going on missions in his personal ship. Just...really bugged me.

7. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    I always thought it would be cool of the Twilight got an addition to its design each time it went somewhere. It would crete some continuity between the episodes.

8. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Anakin is not strictly in the military. He's a Jedi first and foremost. Jedi have their own starfighters and such, so why not hold on to a useful transport? I had high hopes that the Twilight would keep on evolving and gaining personality as the series progressed. To the point that if it was eventually distroyed it would be heartbreaking. But no, it seems it will simply disappear all of a sudden cause Dave got bored with the design.

Oh well, at least it seems the webcomic is gong to use it.

Anyway, here's exactly what Dave said: "The Twilight? Yeah, I've suspended the Twilight. I was gonna have the Zillo beast chomp down on it. It's a little winnebago for me so... That's one of the things for me as a supervising director, I like that T-6 Jedi shuttle, looks like an angel fish. I like that one much more. That one's a much cooler-looking ship, it's got a better cockpit."

:( Where's the love for the Twilight?...

9. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Well I have to disagree with Dave...

Out of all the new ship designs this series has brought us, the Twilight is by far the coolest design.

10. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, exactly because it's "a little winnebago". It doesn't look designed like the T-6, it looks like an utilitarian craft. It looks natural, and therefore it looks much cooler than most CW designs.

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Here's a story idea...Why not show Anakin literally repairing the Twilight's cockpit to up the standards of it. I realize no episode could dedicate such time, but he could be half way through the upgrade or something like that. Throwing out a ship that's been seen in season one and briefly in season two for no reason is not right. Bad for story telling and brings up a lot of unnecessary questions about its existence.

If they wanted to eliminate the Twilight, they should have crashed the thing on Felucia and be done with it. But no, the ship itself probably doesn't have those cushion escape pods to protect our heroes from harm. :rolleyes:

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    LOL I know this is kinda old thread and all (i ended up here when i happened to see that wookieepedia says there is YT-1300 in blue shadow virus and i searched for google info about that:p ) but anyway coronet is not only corellian capital but term for a crown here Coronet -just saying if you didn't know[face_whistling] .....

13. RX-27

RX-27 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 5, 2010
    :_| Why did they have to go and destroy the Resolute.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Resolute_%28Venator-class%29
    She was my favorite Venator in the series.

14. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    I have nothing against them destroying the Resolute. I only wish that if they're going to destroy such an important warship for the series, they should devote a little bit of attention to it. As it is it's just "oh, yeah, it blew up". They don't even care to show that Yularen didn't actually go down with it. This series has a nasty habit of shortchanging its starships. First the Twilight falls into disuse without any explanation, then the Resolute is destroyed as no more than a passing thought.

15. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Wow, I didn't know or even pay any attention to the Resolute in the episode. Gry, I think you're right about that.

Nevermind episode guide "said he left." :rolleyes:

16. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    calm down guy it just crude matter:p do we see Resolute2 from now on... and did Twilight blow up with it[face_thinking]

LOL now if name Resolute appears in some episode it's bound to be a prequel or then episode guide says "it was rebuilt"[face_laugh]
    wow isn't narrator supposed to be Yularen? [face_laugh] yeah i know he is supposed to be just "Narrator" but damn it i always think "what Yularen tells us today?" when the newsreel comes- it's obviously Yularen since Tom Kane's only another voice is his overactive Yoda...

17. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    Meh, they all look alike to me. :p Seriously, though, it was one of the prominent starships in the series and its destruction should have goeetn some screentime.

I get the feeling that some key elements of the space battle were cut. Aside from the choppiness and short length, they left out the part in the CV trailer where Ventress says, "We have the Republic right where we want them."

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    so they did- interesting[face_thinking].... they should have had two episodes one with the battle and one with Ventress being found and getting her revenge...

19. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    I liked the Twilight because it looked to me like a pre-B-Wing fighter akin to the pre-X-Wing and pre-Y-Wing as I like to call them that can be seen in The Clone Wars and Ep. III. Although it seems I was off-base there since it appears to just be a Corellian freighter. Anyway, it doesn't seem like an unbelievable plot twist to me that one of the characters would start using a different ship without stopping to explain why to the camera. I would like to see the Twilight return though.

20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I still have hopes for a (near) Naboo space battle with N1 starfighter reinforcements arriving at the last minute.

I would also like that the Jedi keep their Delta 7B's for a little longer.

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    actually they have flown Deltas long enough it's time for Eta-2s- some like Plo will keep deltas till the end (literally in his case)...

and btw in another thread- i meant delta-commandos were wasted not those fighters[face_laugh] ..... and i want to see naboo battle too- as Gunray i would definitely want to revenge that bitter defeat 11 or nearly 12 years ago....

i wrote entire arc for episode-ideas thread about potential nabooarch, but naboobattle works in every case

and i want to see n1s in action too

22. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    Yes, yes, a million times yes! They're my favorite ship design in the saga and, in my opinion, are underused.

They already have the models, after all. They just need to be put into space. ;)

23. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    The YT-1300 is in the painting when Anakin and Obi-Wan land in Theed. The spaceport has one visible. The spaceport also had several YT-1300s and another Corellian-style ship in AOTC and there's one in ROTS when the Corellian ship lands at the end of the film.