main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Clone Wars Season 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I thought Threepio's striptease was VERY camp. But of course everything that robot does is camp. It had me in stiches. Very clever reasoning for why he was painted gold.

2. Irish_Ghost

Irish_Ghost Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2005
    About the tree, I thought it might be Yoda pondering what might have been.

And Ani dissing Obi-Wan, You're no Qui-Gon, he actually liked me

ok, so i made up that last part.

I love the over the topness of the clone troopers, and the music is so appropiate.

Nice development of relationships. We have find out that Padme is still a calming influenece on Anakin. and that Palps is trying to guide his future.

And I love how Obi-Wan is the one that suggests he forgoes the normal trials and annoint him a Knight. Looks like he has a quite a great deal of faith in Anakin.

Brilliant!

3. Irish_Ghost

Feb 24, 2005
    Also I was wondering, who is the Council now?

1)Yoda
    2)Mace
    3)Obi-Wan
    4)Ki-Adi
    5)Kit - w/ cool Ying/yang Belt Buckle
    6) Shaak Ti
    7)SaeseeTiin
    8)Plo Koon
    9)Oppo - The Wild Child of Yoda
    10)Even Piell
    11) Adi Galia
    12)Eeth Koth

Is this list right?

Brilliant!

4. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Pretty sure that's Stass Allie, not Adi Gallia. Adi died so her identical cousin took her spot. :p

(or something like that)

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Stass Allie is correct.

And it's Agen Kolar, not Eeth Koth. See Pablo Hidalgo's Set Diary on how Kolar came to be.;)

They are both Zabraks but look slightly different, because (a)they had different actors and (b) couldn't get the make-up right, IIRC.

Very cool episode. I like Grievous' new voice - is that Matthew Wood's voice? The ARC troopers kick butt, as usual.

Dunno what's up with the Qui-Gon thing...judging by his yelling in AOTC, and his name being brought up in Dark Rendezvous, Labyrinth of Evil, AND now the new Clone Wars episode, I'd bet we're going to hear from him in ROTS. Can someone explain to me once again why Qui-Gon is so cool? That's another story though.

The Knighting ceremony was quite excellent.

All in all, very enjoyable. The Threepio stripper music was a little much, but still funny.

6. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Can someone explain to me once again why Qui-Gon is so cool?

Because he was right.

Haven't you watched Return of the Jedi?

(edited so that no one takes my post the wrong way)

7. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    More copy/paste from what I said in SSSW:

Personally I saw it as Qui-Gon communicating with Yoda on several levels. The first is that Anakin is ready to be a Jedi Knight (at least in Qui-Gon's eyes). Why it was young Anakin, I do not know -- perhaps to give Yoda a little reminder of what Anakin's training started. Whether or not Yoda recognized Dagobah, I don't know either. However, it was very symbolic of how Yoda would train Luke later on.

Another thing one must take into consideration is that Qui-Gon may have been commicating the thoughts to Anakin as well. He did in AOTC--so why couldn't he now? Anakin makes a comment about how Obi-Wan is inferior to Qui-Gon -- perhaps Anakin saw the vision and saw how different things would be under Qui-Gon's wing rather than Obi-Wan's.

8. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    So Obi-Wan is on the Council at this point? That had me confused, because (IIRC) it was never mentioned in Jedi Trial or Dark Rendezvous (which take place about the same time the latter part of this chapter does). Then again, just because they never said he was doesn't mean he wasn't.

I was suprised that Agen Kolar was on there. Was he supposed to be there or did he just happen to get the gig by being Eeth Koth's clone? (And I use the term "clone" jokingly, BTW. ;))

And Kit's on there now, too. That's cool. :cool:

EDIT: Adi Gallia is still alive though, correct? Cousin Stass was only a temporary replacement, right?

9. drth sidious

drth sidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 1999
    It also seems odd that they would be discussing the Hypori incident (about 4 months ABG) almost 2.5 years later! Also, Obi-Wan referring to Ventress as the "dark assassin", he knew her real name by that time, why not use it?

10. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    Grievous is awesome and it was fun to watch, but the Anakin-Padme part was total cheese as was 3PO's striptease. I was laughing out loud!

11. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I liked how Padme stored Anakin's braid with the Jappor Snippet! I wish they had brought that up in AotC, maybe before the love pledge or something, would have made it more romantic and such.

Hopefully it'll make a return in TPM.

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I think that Chapter 21 was kind of a set-up for those who haven't been following any of the Clone Wars novels or SW: Republic comics.

Next Chapter tomorrow, I would bet that we jump ahead in time again to around Dark Rendezvous/Labyrinth of Evil era.

ousley - we'll have to disagree on Qui-Gon. Not that I dislike him, I just don't want him to take away from Yoda and Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon was in one movie.

13. bswb

bswb Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    Genndy said that he received some pretty explicit direction from Lucas, so I'm betting plot points like Qui-Gon Jinn relate to something in ROTS. Didn't Lucas say something during the AOTC DVD commentary about how the Qui-Gon voiceover was going to be dealt with in the next movie? I just hope Liam Neeson does a nice ghost cameo as opposed to recycled audio.

14. classixboy

classixboy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    It was nice to see another episode, but on the whole I was kind of disappointed. It felt like too much of a set-up. And it was too chatty for my taste. The best thing about the episodes from the first two seasons was that they were more visually-driven than dialogue-driven. I'm hoping that the rest of this week's episodes get back to basics.

15. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    The whole reason they're longer is so there can be more dialogue scenes. :p

16. classixboy

classixboy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
  17. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Season One was highly entertaining, but there was 0% character development.

Again, I think Chapter 21 was a set-up for the rest of the season.

EDIT: I mean, I think in today's Chapter 22, we'll see short hair Obi-Wan and long hair Anakin, with a timeframe much closer to ROTS.

Chapter 21 closed the cliffhanger from Chapter 20, brought in Qui-Gon, made Anakin a Jedi Knight, and explained golden Threepio. This is all obviously set up for ROTS.

18. DarthTickle

DarthTickle Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    Crap! I knew I'd forget to watch/Tivo it!

Any word on whether they're planning on an all-five-episodes-consecutive airing like with the old seasons?

19. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/promos/200503_starwars/index.html

'We're sorry, episodes are only available to viewers in North America. We apologize fir the inconvenience.'

You should be effing sorry, you stupid #@%@$^$#^%#^@$@!!! *kicks table repeatedly* What sort of #@%@%$@# is that?!

In short: Anyone have a link to some sort of mirror? Thanks.

20. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    And by North America, they actually mean "United States of America", because I can't access it either, living in Canada.

I believe Cartoon Network is having a marathon sometime on Saturday.

I would also say that I'm sure the episodes will be popping up elsewhere on the internet.

21. Irish_Ghost

Feb 24, 2005
    And by North America, they actually mean "United States of America", because I can't access it either, living in Canada.

God Bless America! [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag]

Brilliant!

22. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
  23. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    That's stupid.

I blame the Republicans (as usual). ;)

There's a marathon Saturday at 8pm.

24. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    There's a marathon Saturday at 8pm.

That is really good to know, thank you. I missed recording it yesterday, and now I'll be able to get the whole thing altogether. :)

25. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Dooku vs Grievous!! Wow!!!

I liked the battle scenes. Some of the episode was a bit too silly for my tastes, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.