main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Clone Wars Season 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irish_Ghost

Irish_Ghost Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2005
    I thought it the waiting for elevator scene was funny.

As they wait they hear a buzzsaw on the inside.

The Ithorian repeatidly hitting the button, thinking that it will make the elevator go that much faster.

Brilliant!

2. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm not tohot for Grevious lately. He seems too over-the-top most of the time it is just boring and weird watching him attack clones all the time. This episode just had him everywhere doin' everything which sort of lessened the tension.

The episode was nice though. I really liked the humor Palpatine yelling at GG and the one Jedi pressing the elevator button rapidly when Grevious was coming.

I also liked how Shaak Ti tied GG's cape around the subway. That took me by surprise.

3. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I thought the humor in this episode was appropriate and very well done. I thought the last two were a bit silly, such as the 3PO strip tease. This one went with the subtle approach and it worked.

Also...I wish the armpit hair hadn't been mentioned! I didn't notice it yesterday, but tonight I was looking for it and couldn't miss it. Blech!

4. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    That episode was wonderful! General Grievous is fetching awesome!!! The courascant parts were the best, and I have to agree with Garth that I am really looking forward to the first 20 minutes of the movie (but heck I'm looking forward to every minute of ROTS)

5. Forcefire

Forcefire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2000
    I'm always surprised when they're willing to brutalize the clones in this series. Grievous tearing through them was something to behold. How many of the detachment sent down with Obi-Wan and Anakin got ground to paste by that gigantic beast? Wince-inducing stuff.

6. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Guess who's back.....back again.....Typho's back....tell a friend!

It was only a brief appearance but he was there!

edit: GM, just saw your post with the winky face on the previous page. :)

another edit: I beleive some of the material that is forthcoming in the final episode was covered by the star wars daily webstrip for HS users. So I sort of know what's going to happen.

7. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Only one episode left, there's a lot to get done if they want to lead up to the start of the movie.

8. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    It's funny that we now have 3 seperate versions of the beginning of this battle, from LoE, Reversal of Fortune, and the cartoons. Again, I'm giving the nod to LoE.

So where's Stass Allie in all of this?

And we haven't heard from Padme in awhile. Isn't she supposed to be on the train with Mace and Kit? Maybe I should just look in the damn book. :p

9. zenwave

zenwave Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2002
    That was incredible! The dueling by the train seemed very Matrix-y (in a good way!), and the force pushes by the flat-faced creature were awesome! Greivous has this great demeanor, like a cross between a chimp and a dog.

The cave painting bit reminded me of Altered States, like Anakin is going on his walkabout into dreamtime . . .

10. Fobok

Fobok Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    I just have to comment. It's nice seeing an Ithorian in action! Not much else to say that hasn't already been said. :)

11. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    RS77: Stass Allie is apparently not with Shaak Ti; it was changed after LOE was done, and her not being there is now the official version.

Padme's in that plaza with Bail, Mon Mothma, etc. They were all evacuated from the Senate by Stass Allie and Shaak Ti, then Ti went off to 500 Republica to look for Palpatine.

12. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Right on.

I was just watching it online and I totally didn't notice that you can clearly see the Vader mask at the end of Anakin's vision. :cool: And that little girl in the vision is Padme... I think the first time I saw it I was too preoccupied with the animation. :p

13. sithlord2049

sithlord2049 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    I've really been enoying these cartoons, they've been great. Chapter 23 though was...well, freakin awesome!! Sasee Tinn and the troopers boarding the CIS ship...whoah.

And I'm loving the Obi-Wan and Anakin stuff, their really showing a great connection between two. And it's nice that their not bickering all the time. I think a lot of the times in the cartoon and in the comics, they bicker way too much. I mean, they are supposed to be friends too, and I think this batch of episodes are finally showing that. Oh, and the ARC troopers rock! As usual...I just wish we got to see them so more. Oh well, there's always #25.

My only real complaints about these new ones is one: what the hell are they doing with 3PO? He's now just a tool for real crappy jokes. I mean that strip thing in 21, ugh. And my only other real complaint is how they draw Anakin's hair. It's very Farrah Fawcet like lol. I dunno, I've grown to accept it.

What I'm wondering is, has anyone heard or read anything about when the DVD for Vol. 2 will come out? If their smart they'll do it before ROTS comes out. I hope they do.

14. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Before ROTS comes out? That's less than two months, we would have heard something by now. I would guess about a year from now, but what do I know?

The Ithorian pressing the elevator button was classic SW camp humor.

It would have been easy to insert Stass Allie there, I don't know why they didn't.

So in the next episode, we have to see:

(a) the train - Shaak Ti meets up with Mace and Kit Fisto on the train, Mace battles Grievous, Kit battles IG-100 MagnaDroids. The ol' gunship switch. Shaak Ti, the Ithorian and that other alien Jedi arrive at the Vault with some Red guards.

(b) Grievous et al decimate Palpatine's guards. Grievous doesn't understand why Palps isn't scared, and in fact seems arrogant and condescending.

(c) Grievous escapes with Palpatine into space, races for the Invisible Hand - this could look cool in the cartoon. They get in the Invisible Hand, Grievous destroys a couple of Jedi who enter the ship.

(d) Anakin and Obi-Wan get a message from Palps that he's been kidnapped. They jet for Coruscant.

It could all happen in one episode. :D

Man, Season 2 is as long as Season 1 - yet Season 2 seems to be moving far more quickly than Season 1!!

15. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Grievous et al decimate Palpatine's guards. Grievous doesn't understand why Palps isn't scared, and in fact seems arrogant and condescending.

He doesn't know who Palps is??

!snap

16. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    No, Grevious doesn't know who Palps is. Isn't that crazy? In LoE you really see what pawn he is. They took a humanoid and made him into Grevious, metal body and behavior modification, and he has no idea it wasn't an accident.

17. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    I think the first time I saw it I was too preoccupied with the animation. :p

animation being key word for shirtless cartoon Anakin :p

18. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    The other alien Jedi is Foul Moudama and he is quite a gifted Jedi...Fighting Grievous with one hand while carrying Palps...Very big and very strong

19. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    animation being key word for shirtless cartoon Anakin

[face_whistling]

The way Palps was being man-handled was pretty funny. Shaak Ti was hugging him for dear life. :p

And does anyone else think that Grevious' voice here sounds a whole lot like Vader?

20. zenwave

zenwave Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2002
    I just watched Chapter 24 again on my computer. Wow. That cave wall pictogram scene was something that would have made GL's mentor Joseph Campbell proud! The way they animated the waves of force power (and Grievous rushing through them) was tasty.

One question: although Grievous is masterful with a lightsaber, there's nothing I remember reading in LoE that would indicate he is a force user . . . so why does it seem like he uses a force push on Palpatine in the office?

A note on the DVD release for anyone who hasn't yet purchased:

Last night was the first time I'd seen a CloneWars episode on Cartoon Network (as the cable installer was finishing up with my telephone service)! I had previously only seen the Hyperspace download-able movies (which I'd burned onto a DVD). After purchasing the Season 1 DVD, I was blown away on the richness of color I had been missing out on from the downloaded versions. Now, I have an excellent Apple monitor and other movies and images are vivid, but I think they really compressed the sh!t out of the episodes for Hyperspace. I'm glad I bought the DVD!

21. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    One question: although Grievous is masterful with a lightsaber, there's nothing I remember reading in LoE that would indicate he is a force user . . . so why does it seem like he uses a force push on Palpatine in the office?

Zen you got it wrong. It was not a force push. It was actually a force pull from Shaak. She was trying to get Palps out of there and save him. He was too busy yelling at GG.

22. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    Just rewatched it, the tribal tattoos only cover Anakin's right side, do you think this will be a hint as to what damage he endures during rots?

23. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Hmm.. that would be interesting.

So I wonder how this is going to be a spiritual trial for Anakin, because he's now back to doing what he does all the time- fighting the Seperatists. I suppose he being forced to kill the mutated warriors has something to do with it... but there's probably a surprise in store.

24. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Hopefully, I too didn't really see what the "spiritual quest" was all about, minus the cave painting vision.

Seemed more like a level in Jedi Knight II to me.;)

There's a subtle homage to ESB when Anakin flips up on top of some machine and is looking down - very similar to when Luke Force jumps out of the carbon freezing pit.

25. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Also, if you've been reading Reversal of Fortune, the ithorian will die in tonights episode as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.