main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Clone Wars Season 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    There's a picture (from the cartoon) of Grievous that was release a few weeks/months before Chapter 20 aired, and I'm almost positive he had all his arms out then.

2. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    ^ I'd like to see that picture if anyone has it. :)

After watching it again tonight (and expecting it) it didn't seem to weird. So, do his arms just split in half?

3. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Well, I stand corrected. I had the picture saved on my other computer, and he just had 2 arms.

Hmm. For some reason I still feel like I knew about the second set already. Weird.

4. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Out of all the episodes the Jedi with the Ram horns was AWESOME!!! I hope he's in the movies or something

Dude, you mean Saesee Tinn?? He's in all three movies, on the Council.

5. joeypstyle

joeypstyle Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Shaak Ti was really awesome this season. Her run from Grievious was really thrilling!

I have a question though, now Shaak Ti was tied up with some kind of electricity, I'm just wondering what ultimately her fate was. Did she die from that or does she appear in ep3?

Oh and Yoda with the Taun Taun like creature definitly gets an "awww"

6. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Shaak Ti is definitely alive and in the movie. Grevious left her alive so she could tell the Jedi what a badass he is, and of course so they would all know Palpy was kidnapped.

7. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    Well last night I checked out the Clone Wars cartoon for the first time, watching the Chapters 21-25 special. It was incredibly awesome(even though it was way different than Labyrinth of Evil) but now it's over. Looks like I came to the party a little late.

8. joeypstyle

joeypstyle Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Whew, thank god my girl Shaak Ti is alive and well for ep 3.

is it just me, or do most of the girl jedi RULE

9. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Shaak Ti was great during this season. And I got Volume #1 for Easter.

10. PeteinVA

PeteinVA Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    I don't have access to the episode right now, but didn't it look like the Techno Union guys had a schematic of Greivous on the screen behind them when they were debating what to do with the warriors before Anakin rescued the new captive?

To me it seems as though this sets up that the TU had a hand in GG's "creation"(along w/ the Geonosians) and will eventually provide Palps with a method to have Anakin survive his potential demise.

BTW-was Mace's choke of GG a "dark side" choke (as if you can delineate between light and dark with that move :))?

11. DarthTickle

DarthTickle Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    Well, I'm happy now. All of the supposedly big spoilers that I let myself learn a long time ago before I decided not to get too spoiled have come out either in the trailers or the cartoons (General Grievous and his arms). Makes me feel a lot better about that, seeing as how there must be much more that I still don't know. I have to keep it that way!

12. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    The CW Anakin was adorable - I hope we see similiar Obi-Wan/Anakin interaction in the film, and his character is like that (if a billion times more conflicted) in the movie..

Um. OK, enough gushing. lol.. very cool episodes, tho I can't really be bothered with Grevious when I got such a sweet Anakin story going on. OK, so I lied, I can't stop gushing :p

13. BescinPrix

BescinPrix Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2004
    Someone asked if the TU people had blueprints for Grievous in the background. I just checked, and right after the separatists come into the scene, the camera kind of pauses on Anakin, and he seems to be looking at a green display, and on it are schematics for GG's body.

14. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    That's really cool, never noticed it.

I should also mention this, for Clone Wars fans, from the Making of ROTS final chapter e-book on the OS (do not download, has SERIOUS SPOILERS!!!!):

?We have this other little thing we?re doing,? Lucas continues, ?this Clone Wars cartoon on
    TV. It?s so successful, we?re going to put it out as half-hour shows, and all the main characters
    are in it.
    ? He then adds (to Frank Oz), ?Have you ever thought about directing an animated film??

Is this the first official confirmation that we're going to get a 30-minute television show, that it's going to be animated, and it will have all the main characters?

PT-era?
    OT-era?
    Inbetween?
    NJO (please no)?

15. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    This is really exciting. My main beef with the EU is the focus on side characters. I'm not really interested in new characters, I just want to see the ones I know doing new and interesting stuff. This bodes well for that.

16. Hatter

Hatter Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    My... god.

I gotta say, I really don't know how ROTS will be able to beat this. Tartakovsky's animated format suits SW so much better than live-action.
    The first season was awesome, but this one was just brilliant.

17. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    Normally I would agree with Durwood's assertion that if it's not in the movies it's not cannon as that has been my mantra since before TPM was released, but this time things are a little different. Granted there are some things in the second series that are obviously tacked-on or too over the top to be cannon, but at the same time this series is about the events described in the opening crawl of the film and therefore portions of it do have some value to the movie saga.

I look at it like this: The Clone Wars cartoon is basically a "tall tale" version of what happened between the films. Some things are true, some things are apocryphal, but all of it is wildly exaggerated. So while Anakin may have faced his trails during the war, it's unlikely that it happened exactly as portrayed in the cartoon.

18. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    So while Anakin may have faced his trails during the war, it's unlikely that it happened exactly as portrayed in the cartoon

I think the way cwc shows Anakin's mirror test is extremely important. The way GT shows Anakin's inabiliaty to even talk about what he saw. If you want to further discuss it, check out this thread.

19. Hatter

Hatter Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    I haven't read LoE, the "official" lead-in for ROTS, but frankly, Clone Wars has the advantage of sound & animation. I think that any film/TV story trumps the written version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.