main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Code 3 Collectibles Thread

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by starwarschick14, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, I am the proud owner of Slave I. However, I am in the UK and it is in the US. You might ask why...
    It was purchased by my 'significant other' who lives on that side of the pond. Now, Slave I itself will fit in the luggage for transport, but the case has no hope. So he has it on display at his house in the guest bedroom, along with a few other items.

3. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    that is a lot of money. I wish i could afford that. I'm to busy paying for school...whats up with that.?

4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Code 3 is a perfect name for these collectibles
    because that's exactly what my credit status would
    become if I were to pony up and buy one.

They're sharp, but right now I prefer to spread the
    wealth a bit and build up my collection. I do, however,
    believe that every collection needs a centerpiece
    item or two. These would seem to fit that bill, though
    they look a bit small. What's the scale on them?

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Here's the dimensions for Slave I from the Code 3 website:

Scale: 1:65
    Dimensions: 13" (L) x 11.5" (W) x 4.75" (H)

I saw it at Memorabilia last month here in the UK. It isn't what I would call small, especially once it is in its display case.

6. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Thanks, Laj. Bigger than I though. I imagined that
    they were only a little bigger than those Action
    fleet things.

7. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Code 3 is currently having a sale to celebrate 27 years of Star Wars. Save $27 off of any item.

I got the notice for this via email since I'm a customer, and what caught my attention was this:

P.S. ? You can look forward to the inclusion of figures in upcoming releases!

I must say, this is awesome! :)

According to discussion in the Code 3 forums, the next ship to be released will be the Republic Gunship. Preorder is supposed to start sometime in the next month...

Apparently there are also plans for releasing a Code 3 version of the AT-AT, which surprises me considering Master Replicas just released theirs.

8. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    A gunship eh, hmmmmmmmmmmmm..... :)

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Returning to the Dark Side you are, Mike? :)

10. Fleeboy

Fleeboy Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2001
    I was with my friend the other day who bought a Code 3 Falcon and the first thing I thought when I saw it was: "Holy crap! That's small".

The large box is deceiving (except for the Slave 1 which I also saw, and that IS quite large). The X-Wing is similarly small. I find it strange that Code 3 are consistent with their scaling. I think the X-Wing and the Falcon are about the same size, whereas the Slave 1 is atleast twice as big as them.

Anyway, so I held my friends Code 3 falcon... and noticed it contained the gun at the bottom-center of the ship. It was made of die-cast and stuck to a piece of plastic that rotated, so you can make the gun rotate as well. Which is what I tried to do, EXCEPT that the gun not only rotated but also came off entirely from the plastic. =O

I think my friend already wrote to Code 3 complaining on how they shouldn't be sticking die-cast to plastic like the way they did with the falcon gun. He also fixed it immediately so I didn't feel so bad. =)

11. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Yeah, I broke my gun. :( I had to move it around a lot this summer and when I was putting it back onto the stand in the angled position, it snapped off. I should have been more careful, but oh well.

I'm not sure why the Slave I was made so much larger, but I'm not complaining. I adore all my ships. :)

12. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Upping since the Republic Gunship has now been confirmed. :) I can't wait to order another ship, but...I have no idea where I'm going to put it. :p

13. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Pictures have been posted on the Code 3 site! I think it looks fantastic. The little Clone Troopers are so cute! I'll post a few of the pics here:

Rebel forces on removable plate, in side turrets and cockpit:
    [image=http://www.code3.net/uploadedImages/15019_00B.jpg]

Removable plate sits in main hold with Rebel forces and Yoda:
    [image=http://www.code3.net/uploadedImages/15019_00A.jpg]

Swing side door back to show speeder bikes:
    [image=http://www.code3.net/uploadedImages/15019_closeupD.jpg]

Front view of Republic Gunship with side doors closed:
    [image=http://www.code3.net/uploadedImages/15019_11.jpg]

Back view with side doors and tail ramp open:
    [image=http://www.code3.net/uploadedImages/15019_13B.jpg]

The captions are directly from Code 3's site, so don't blame me for the erroneous usage of "Rebel forces" to describe the Clone Troopers and Yoda. :p To see everything else I think you just need to be a registered member of the website, so go log in and look!

Ordering date is December 27th. :)

14. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    *covers his eyes and cowers in the corner muttering*

... I don't need another Gunship ... I don't need another Gunship ... I don't need another Gunship ... I don't need another Gunship ... I don't need another Gunship ... I don't need another Gunship ... I don't need another Gunship ... I don't need another Gunship ...

15. FETT3

FETT3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    *face contorted*

Wish I had money, Wish I had money, Wish I had money, Wish I had money,

Nuts, didn't work.

Those Code three collectables are pretty sharp!! I'll stick with the "cheap" stuff.

16. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    Must have gunship NOW!

I can't wait for them to produce an AT-AT replica. Because I can never afford MasterReplicas.

17. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    More news from Code 3! A newsletter was sent to guild members today with some exciting details. Here's a summary:

-Preorder for the Republic Gunship for guild members is December 27th; for the general public, it's January 3rd.

-I'm so happy about this: there's a free case offer! If you place your order before January 31st, you can use a coupon code to get a free case with your order.

-They're still doing the loyalty dollars thing. For every $200 you spend, you get $10 towards a future purchase.

-There are even more gunship photos on the website!

And finally, the schedule for 2005:
    All Terrain Scout Transport (AT-ST)
    Darth Vader?s TIE Fighter
    All Terrain Armored Transport (AT-AT)

=P~

18. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Yet another update from Code 3! A couple new pieces of information:

-The price for guild members is $285, while the price for everyone else is $315. It's nice to see another benefit for previous customers in form of a price break.

-The edition size is 2500. That may or may not be news to you, but I don't think I'd seen the specific number before. This is their smallest edition size yet.

The first preorder date is only 5 days away! :)

19. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I really like this gunship !!!

20. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    " I have no idea where I'm going to put it "

I'll look after it for you Roseanna! it would be a pleasure! ;)

Mmmm, Gunship =P~

21. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    I own the millenium falcon. its incredible, and its on display in my room.

next purchase will be the X-wing.

22. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I'll look after it for you Roseanna! it would be a pleasure!

Hehehe, thanks for the offer, but I'm sure I'll figure something out...a solution that will keep it in my possession. ;)

Preorder is tomorrow! Yay! I hope I can get my order in early enough to get a really low edition number like I did with the Slave I (50-something). :)

23. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    I think it looks pretty nice. Kinda steep but it does look very nice. I wish you could remove the pilots from it though.

24. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Wow, I can't believe no one has been talking about Code 3 since I've been away from here...

I have the AT-ST on preorder. The Gunship is supposed to be shipping the week of the 21st.

Anyone else see the announcement about Legendary Casts? Code 3 is making 8x10.5" 3-D replicas of the three A-sheet vintage movie posters. They look fantastic. Right now guild members can preorder, ordering for the public opens up on the 17th. I'm passing on these for now because of convention expenses - they're $79 each.

25. lukestarkiller1977

lukestarkiller1977 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    HEY SWC14,

the posters totally rock, I love the 3-d effect I'm thinking to take a chance and try and grab just one I like the style A best.

BUT they did do a style d circus style poster but no news on that yet maybe it will be an exclusive or even a CIII exclusive!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.