main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Collecting Community Forum Newsletter Volume 6, January 2006

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Issue 6, January 2006

Happy New Year! Welcome to issue 6 of the STAR WARS Collecting Community Forum Newsletter!

This newsletter is designed to help keep our collecting community ?in the know? of up and coming events, new toy releases, hot collectibles, and interviews with forum members!

Feedback is appreciated :) I will keep events listed in each newsletter until they?ve passed their end date, so that people who might?ve missed the previous newsletters won?t feel left out :) Many of the items here in this issue are brought to you by RebelScum.com ? many thanks to our partner site for all of the GREAT goodies :D

The newsletter will be bi-tri-weekly (unless there?s nothing new to report!)

If you have any information that you would like to contribute to the newsletter (particularly information regarding up and coming Comic Book/Action figure/Toy Shows, etc) please PM me: PadmeLeiaJaina and I will happily include the information in the next newsletter :)

Back Issues:

Issue 1, September 2005
    Issue 2, October 2005
    Issue 3, October 2005
    Issue 4, November 2005
    Issue 5, December 2005

Up and Coming Events!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lucasfilm Sponsored Events!

STAR WARS: Where Science meets Imagination!

[image=http://www.mos.org/automedia/data/starwars/topnav/swlogo.jpg]

Dates: October 27, 2005 ? April 30th 2006

Click here for Ticket information!
    Developed by the Museum in collaboration with Lucasfilm Ltd., Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination puts a 21st century spin on the saga's futuristic devices by exploring similar technologies in development today. For anyone who's ever wondered, the exhibition addresses the question: Will we have anything like droids or landspeeders someday? Using Star Wars as a springboard--as a shared image of what the future might look like--the exhibition encourages visitors to participate in the imaginative engineering processes that yield technological advancements. As they design, test, and build prototypes, visitors immerse themselves not only in the Star Wars universe, but also in the current scientific knowledge that underpins technologies--and could lead to a more technologically sophisticated future.

With an array of Star Wars artwork, props, models, film clips, and documentary footage serving as a compelling backdrop, the exhibition centers around two key technological challenges in the films and in the real world: getting around, and interacting with ever more intelligent machines. In addition to exploring familiar Star Wars technologies such as Imperial walkers, Luke's landspeeder, and C-3PO, exhibition visitors examine existing prototypes such as hovercrafts, magnetic levitation trains, and real robots. They also experience hands-on design activities that reveal the methods today's engineers use to develop new ideas. Inspired by the imaginative vision of Star Wars and their own explorations of the engineering design process, visitors perceive the exciting roles they can play--as scientists, engineers, workers, consumers, and citizens--in shaping our ever more technologically advanced society.
    Public price includes a separate ticket for general Exhibit Halls admission usable on the same day or within six months of your visit to St

2. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    =D= PLJ.

Nice collection, Incom! May I ask where you got that Hoth Snowspeeder VS At-At's picture that is sitting behind your Boba & Vader Epic Force figures?

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Great newsletter! I've got a couple of those Epic Force Fetts but I have never seen the Vader. It looks good!

4. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Another fine issue indeed, PLJ!

Juke, that little poster is from a set of 8. Made by Zanart Publishing (Van Nuys, CA) in 1994. I ordered it from the Jawa Trader (SW Insider). The set contains 8 11" x 14" mini-posters with various scenes of the OT. Quite nice.

That Epic Force Vader is pretty neat. Fett and Vader are the only EF figures I have.

5. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Excellent as always...still loving the interview feature most of all.

6. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Thanks, Incom. I'm going to have to look those up on ebay sometime.

7. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Impressive as always.

8. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    As always, a fun and informative read! I love the interviews also!

9. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    excellent again =D=

(as if we thought it would be otherwise ;) )

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I have a question for people here - should I just add the next newsletter to this thread and continue posting them in one place, or do you all think that would be confusing? [face_thinking]

I would still have to bug our modsters to change the title of the thread if I just added to it, but they wouldn't have to always sticky/desticky them - and then you could have the back issues to look back onto if you wanted....

Comments?

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think it would be too confusing, PLJ, not to mention making people dig down in the thread for the current issue. When I sticky the newsletter I normally give the end date for the sticky as a month later so it drops off close to the time of the next newsletter. If people want links to back issues it is probably easier to have a links section in the new newsletter. Making a thread sticky only takes a minute so it's no hassle.

12. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Yep only a blob of superglue would stick the sticky thread down :p

13. Darth_Cephus

Darth_Cephus Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2002
    Great work as always. :)

14. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Nah, just make a new thread of each newsletter. Your links to the previous newsletters are working fine.

15. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    I definitely agree with the other comments...making a new thread for each edition of the newsletter is definitely the way to go.

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Okey doke - just wanted to throw that idea out there :) I have the next one ready, I'm just waiting to hear back from my next interviewee.

17. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    Who's the unlucky interviewee this time...or would that spoil the surprise?

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well he hasn't responded to me, so I may have to send it off to someone else and catch him in the next newsletter.

And no, I won't reveal who it is, it's more fun not to know, don't you think? ;)

19. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
    I'm not really surprised about it (had almost expected it), but was nevertheless interested to hear that SW stuff is overpriced in the Netherlands, too.
    Same here in Germany, except toy fairs and similar events.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.