main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Collecting Forum Newsletter* Issue 8 February 2006

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Issue 8, February 2006

Welcome to issue 8 of the STAR WARS Collecting Community Forum Newsletter!

This newsletter is designed to help keep our collecting community ?in the know? of up and coming events, new toy releases, hot collectibles, and interviews with forum members!

Word of warning, there are TONS of new items coming out everyday and I can?t keep up! So if I miss something feel free to add it on!

Feedback is appreciated :) I will keep events listed in each newsletter until they?ve passed their end date, so that people who might?ve missed the previous newsletters won?t feel left out :) Many of the items here in this issue are brought to you by RebelScum.com ? many thanks to our partner site for all of the GREAT goodies :D

The newsletter will be bi-tri-weekly (unless there?s nothing new to report!)

If you have any information that you would like to contribute to the newsletter (particularly information regarding up and coming Comic Book/Action figure/Toy Shows, etc) please PM me: PadmeLeiaJaina and I will happily include the information in the next newsletter :)

Back Issues:

Issue 1, September 2005
    Issue 2, October 2005
    Issue 3, October 2005
    Issue 4, November 2005
    Issue 5, December 2005
    Issue 6, January 2006
    Issue 7, January 18, 2006

Up and Coming Events!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lucasfilm Sponsored Events!

STAR WARS: Where Science meets Imagination!

[image=http://www.mos.org/automedia/data/starwars/topnav/swlogo.jpg]

Dates: October 27, 2005 ? April 30th 2006

Click here for Ticket information!
    Developed by the Museum in collaboration with Lucasfilm Ltd., Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination puts a 21st century spin on the saga's futuristic devices by exploring similar technologies in development today. For anyone who's ever wondered, the exhibition addresses the question: Will we have anything like droids or landspeeders someday? Using Star Wars as a springboard--as a shared image of what the future might look like--the exhibition encourages visitors to participate in the imaginative engineering processes that yield technological advancements. As they design, test, and build prototypes, visitors immerse themselves not only in the Star Wars universe, but also in the current scientific knowledge that underpins technologies--and could lead to a more technologically sophisticated future.

With an array of Star Wars artwork, props, models, film clips, and documentary footage serving as a compelling backdrop, the exhibition centers around two key technological challenges in the films and in the real world: getting around, and interacting with ever more intelligent machines. In addition to exploring familiar Star Wars technologies such as Imperial walkers, Luke's landspeeder, and C-3PO, exhibition visitors examine existing prototypes such as hovercrafts, magnetic levitation trains, and real robots. They also experience hands-on design activities that reveal the methods today's engineers use to develop new ideas. Inspired by the imaginative vision of Star Wars and their own explorations of the engineering design

2. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    =D= GJ PLJ

So, the VOTC look like they're going to be Target exclusives, eh? [face_worried] I really, really, really hate exclusives.

3. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    i'm more upset about the bounty hunter bust-ups. i just tracked down a dengar last week on ebay for $10, and now this shows up! oh well, that's collecting, i guess.

great job on the newsletter as usual!!=D=

4. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Couldn't agree more!! Too bad those new VOTC figs are apparently going to be Target Exclusives. If I want them, I'm gonna have to visit eBay and pay even more than I did for the first VOTC figs! :_|

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Good job as usual, PLJ!

6. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I do not think the votc figures are target exclusives as they will have the votc canadian variants aswell.

7. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Keep up the good work PLJ. Thanks for keeping us up on the Info about everything coming up.

8. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    great job as usual! i have to get me a sideshow luke skywalker [face_love] , these 12" figures aren't as expensive as i always thought they were, and as such i have never thought about buying them :oops:

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I'm trying to pull together a Toy Fair edition to come next - now if only callers would stop bothering me at work so that I can work on it :p

10. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Prank callers?

A toy fair edition would be great! I'm totally flabbergasted by what's on display there. Very hard to see the trees through the forest (free translation from a Dutch saying).

11. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    I went to that Where science meets imagination thing, horrible! it was a single room, thats it. Tottaly not worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.