main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Collecting Newsletter* Issue 4, November 2005

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Issue 4, November 2005

Welcome to the fourth issue of the STAR WARS Collecting Community Forum Newsletter!

This newsletter is designed to help keep our collecting community ?in the know? of up and coming events, new toy releases, hot collectibles, and interviews with forum members!

Feedback is appreciated :) I will keep events listed in each newsletter until they?ve passed their end date, so that people who might?ve missed the previous newsletters won?t feel left out :) Many of the items here in this issue are brought to you by RebelScum.com ? many thanks to our partner site for all of the GREAT goodies :D

The newsletter will be bi-tri-weekly (unless there?s nothing new to report!)

If you have any information that you would like to contribute to the newsletter (particularly information regarding up and coming Comic Book/Action figure/Toy Shows, etc) please PM me: PadmeLeiaJaina and I will happily include the information in the next newsletter :)

Back Issues:

Issue 1, September 2005
    Issue 2, October 2005
    Issue 3, October 2005

Up and Coming Events!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lucasfilm Sponsored Events!

DRESSING THE GALAXY: The Costumes of STAR WARS Exhibit

[Image=http://starwars.fidm.edu/index/homepage_02.jpg]

Location: Los Angeles, California at the FIDM Museum and Galleries.
    Address: FIDM Museum & Galleries
    919 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90015
    Duration: September 19th ? December 10th 2005

" A collection of more than 100 costumes, accessories, and props from all six films of the Star Wars saga ? including Episode III Revenge of the Sith ? will be on display at the FIDM Museum & Galleries beginning September 19. After the exhibition opens, you will be able to browse the complete collection online by category and character."

FIDM Site

Click here to see Mara_Jade_Fan?s amazing Collection of photos from the Event!

STAR WARS: Where Science meets Imagination!

[image=http://www.mos.org/automedia/data/starwars/topnav/swlogo.jpg]

Dates: October 27, 2005 ? April 30th 2006

Click here for Ticket information!
    Developed by the Museum in collaboration with Lucasfilm Ltd., Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination puts a 21st century spin on the saga's futuristic devices by exploring similar technologies in development today. For anyone who's ever wondered, the exhibition addresses the question: Will we have anything like droids or landspeeders someday? Using Star Wars as a springboard--as a shared image of what the future might look like--the exhibition encourages visitors to participate in the imaginative engineering processes that yield technological advancements. As they design, test, and build prototypes, visitors immerse themselves not only in the Star Wars universe, but also in the current scientific knowledge that underpins technologies--and could lead to a more technologically sophisticated future.

With an array of Star Wars artwork, props, models, film clips, and documentary footage serving as a compelling backdrop, the exhibition centers around two key technological challenges in the films and in the real world: getting around, and interacting with ever m

2. The_Wookie_Girl

The_Wookie_Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    Great job on this! I think it's really great that you stepped up and decided to do the newsletter. I find it a big help, having important info all in one place. :)

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Great job once again!

Two things of note:

1) The next FIDM Fan Day is Sunday, December 4th from 11am -6pm.

As with the previous fan day, there will be Fan Film screenings, press interviews, photo opps, and tours of the Gallery. There is a rumour that SW in 30 Minutes is invited to perform, but no confirmation has been received back.

There is also talk of a "season pass" ,30 days for 30 dollars, where you get unlimited access to the museum for the final month. Other perks Shawn is discussing with them includes: a goodie bag with exclusives, photo in the X-Wing cockpit, and a 15% discount on Exhibit gift shop items (except Hasbro items). All the money generated from the sales of the season pass goes to the museum to help support other FIDM exhibits.

2) Also, Toys R Us is selling Star Wars cookie/candy jars. They have a large Vader head, and then ceramic cups filled with M&Ms of R2-D2, Vader, Chewbacca, and perhaps Fett too. I bought one of each that I could find.

4. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Great Job as usual. Ill have defenately read that interview later. Looks sweet.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Wookie_Girl

Thank you, I'm happy to do it :) I got behind because work interferred and I was on a spending hiatus saving up for a computer, so I wasn't in the "collecting zone." I picked a great day to finish it up though - lots of great news from Sideshow came out this week!

Mara_Jade_Fan thanks for the updates on FIDM! I wish I could go again :(

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Good job, PLJ!

7. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    How ironic that I said it does not look right without the newsletter and yet here it is well done on another fine job you have done there erika will be waiting to read issue 5 christmas special :D

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    As it gets closer to Christmas you might want to add a link to our Online Resource thread for those shopping for collectors. If people order from an international site they will want to order well in advance.

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ohhh that's a good idea Les! I'll have to remember that for the next newsletter :D

10. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Another [image=http://www.mediabistro.com/unbeige/original/blue-ribbon.gif] news letter. =D=

11. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    Brilliant as usual Erika :)

Awesome interview, I am always so impressed with what Linda manages to do as a fan, stuff I can only dream about!
    Well done Linda! =D=

12. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Again a big thumbs up, PLJ! =D=!!!

Great interview again, too! Very cool to learn something about the background of our fellow collectors. And those pics of MJF at Skywalker Ranch, woweeeeeee!!

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  14. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Great newsletter lots of good info that will probably come in handy soon. lol Keep up the great work.

15. Darth_Cephus

Darth_Cephus Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2002
    Keep up the great work. =D=

16. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Well done Erika :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.