main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Collecting Newsletter * - Issue 5, December 2005

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Dec 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Issue 5, December 2005

Welcome to issue 5 of the STAR WARS Collecting Community Forum Newsletter!

This newsletter is designed to help keep our collecting community ?in the know? of up and coming events, new toy releases, hot collectibles, and interviews with forum members!

Feedback is appreciated :) I will keep events listed in each newsletter until they?ve passed their end date, so that people who might?ve missed the previous newsletters won?t feel left out :) Many of the items here in this issue are brought to you by RebelScum.com ? many thanks to our partner site for all of the GREAT goodies :D

The newsletter will be bi-tri-weekly (unless there?s nothing new to report!)

Just as an FYI - this might be the last newsletter for this year as I'm working on compiling a Year in Review guide :D So expect next newsletter to be available in January! [face_dancing]

If you have any information that you would like to contribute to the newsletter (particularly information regarding up and coming Comic Book/Action figure/Toy Shows, etc) please PM me: PadmeLeiaJaina and I will happily include the information in the next newsletter :)

Back Issues:

Issue 1, September 2005
    Issue 2, October 2005
    Issue 3, October 2005
    Issue 4, November 2005

Up and Coming Events!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lucasfilm Sponsored Events!

DRESSING THE GALAXY: The Costumes of STAR WARS Exhibit

[Image=http://starwars.fidm.edu/index/homepage_02.jpg]

Location: Los Angeles, California at the FIDM Museum and Galleries.
    Address: FIDM Museum & Galleries
    919 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90015
    Duration: September 19th ? December 10th 2005

" A collection of more than 100 costumes, accessories, and props from all six films of the Star Wars saga ? including Episode III Revenge of the Sith ? will be on display at the FIDM Museum & Galleries beginning September 19. After the exhibition opens, you will be able to browse the complete collection online by category and character."

FIDM Site

Click here to see Mara_Jade_Fan?s amazing Collection of photos from the Event!

Remember only 8 days left for the exhibit!

STAR WARS: Where Science meets Imagination!

[image=http://www.mos.org/automedia/data/starwars/topnav/swlogo.jpg]

Dates: October 27, 2005 ? April 30th 2006

Click here for Ticket information!
    Developed by the Museum in collaboration with Lucasfilm Ltd., Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination puts a 21st century spin on the saga's futuristic devices by exploring similar technologies in development today. For anyone who's ever wondered, the exhibition addresses the question: Will we have anything like droids or landspeeders someday? Using Star Wars as a springboard--as a shared image of what the future might look like--the exhibition encourages visitors to participate in the imaginative engineering processes that yield technological advancements. As they design, test, and build prototypes, visitors immerse themselves not only in the Star Wars universe, but also in the current scientific knowledge that underpins technologies--and could lead

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I didn't even know we had a newsletter here. Coolness!

I hope I can afford to go to the SW Where Science meets Imagination tour when it goes to Ohio, that's as close as I can get from Michigan. There is a book out concerning this whole exhibit which I might go ahead and pick up this weekend.

I am drooling over the new Titanium line for January.

3. Darth_Cephus

Darth_Cephus Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2002
    Thanks for the Dec updates. [face_peace]

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Good issue as usual, PLJ! I enjoyed the interview with JED1 since I met him and his wife at a Memorabilia show in Birmingham, and again when he, AmberStarbright, and I had a day out in London.

The only thing I can think of to add is that folks who are Christmas shopping for collectors might want to check out our Online Resource thread stickied at the top for reliable sites for online ordering.

5. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Again a good one, PLJ! I just love the interviews with out fellow collectors. And I was surprised to see the prequel TPBs were bundled in a slipcase. I realized I have a lot of SW comics and TPBs, yet not one of the prequel issues! Now's a great chance for me to catch up on those :D!

6. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Another outstanding newsletter!
    I'm kicking myself for not getting Sideshow Luke in time! I hope the waiting list will help me out.

I don't know if it has been mentioned earlier but I saw that Gentle Giant has pictures up of their Series 6 Bust Ups (avail. in May '06).
    Looks like they are going to do a Cantina inspired grouping with Obi Wan, Han, Greedo, Ponda Baba, Bith and Snaggletooth.

7. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Great Job as always

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Bah I can't believe I forgot to include the wave 6 Bust-ups ...GRRRRR!

9. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Excellent...nice to see the return of the interview there.

10. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    Great updates as usual Erika, I think this is the best newsletter yet, for some reason :p

Not sure about being referred to as a Diva though, I mean I only dress up as Leia in my mind! [face_laugh]

11. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    awesome as usual. your hard work is appreciated PLJ =D=

12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Great job, it's always a nice thing to catch up what's going on, and read the interview. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.