main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Official Comic - Con 2003 Planning Thread - UPDATE 5/1/03

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Nov 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    UPDATE
    I checked the mail last night and what did I see, a letter from the Con! Here is what is says:

Shawn,

Here is the RT-410-d form. Just fill it out and send it back to me.

Your application has been entered and barring unforseen circumstances I will see you all at Comic-Con 2003.

2. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    Wow! Great job Shawn!

3. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    When do tickets go on sale (my sutble way of bumping this up)

4. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    When do tickets go on sale (my sutble way of bumping this up)

5. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Probably sometime this month. I just checked their site, it doesn't say anything about tickets yet and it hasn't been updated since December. I'm sure they'll go on sale soon.

6. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Bumping this back up to the tip top. Any new ticket news?

7. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Nope, I just checked the site last night. I'm checking it almost weekly now, so I'll let everyone know when there is a change. More than likely, that will be in the next update they mail out, which I will be getting.

8. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Just got the new comic-con update. There is still no hotel info, but registration info is now available. The cost is $50 for all 4 days if you register by April 16th (postmark date). After that, the cost goes up to $60 until June 5 and then $65 until June 18 and at the door. In order to get into preview night you have to be pre-registered for all 4 days. If that sounds like a lot, remember that a one day pass at the door costs $30. So even if you only go 2 days, you're still saving $10.

9. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    I'm ready to pre register! But I think we should really figure out what we're going to do about accomidations before we all sign up...

10. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Well we will take a head count at our next meeting and then go from there as well. Its really coming fast and we need to finalize the banner donations at the next meeting as well as get a list of prizes for the gift baskets.

11. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I have like 6 sw toy items saved that I found for good deals, but I already have, so they will be donated for part of the prizes :)

12. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    hi guys;

im still ok for manning the table for convention. i havent done a convention for many years so this should be fun. looking forward to this.

13. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    Do the prizes have to just be toys/figures??

I don't have toys but I do have some extra posters, stickers, and maybe some promo/advertising related items for the giveaway...If I can find everything, most are AOTC but I think I may still have some older stuff, possibly trilogy related...

14. darth_avery

darth_avery Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    can we get posters too? those come really cheap these days!

15. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Heh, we can probably get free posters to give away from the vendor booths while we're there :p J/K

16. darth_avery

May 22, 2002
    whatever works!

17. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Here's a neat idea. JediTalk did something similar at Celebration 2. We'd have to come up with a unique design in order for it to work though. We could give away raffle tickets with the purchase of some merchandise (t-shirts, etc.). Then, we'd have a drawing for a figure or book. The way JediTalk did it was that they sold t-shirts with their name, logo, and website on them, gave you a raffle ticket, and then called out numbers and gave away donated material (books, magazines, etc.) It was all Star Wars related of course.

I don't know if this would work or not though. It's just an idea I was suddenly thinking about. I was actually thinking more along the lines of raffling off autographed items. Again, just an idea. May not be feasible at all. Feel free to shoot it down :p

18. darth_avery

May 22, 2002
    NO it's an awesome idea...infact i even know how to get autographed stuff too! give me a while though....i have to find it again. also....i think t-shirts are a great idea....let's try to get that idea off the ground. i can try to figure stuff out for the next meeting if you want?

OOOOOooooo! i just had the best idea!....if i could get them done in time....i could raffle off a youngling's costume and a jedi costume....A grand prize or something!

19. darth_avery

May 22, 2002
  20. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    That might actually work. We can even send them a letter detailing what it's for.

21. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Well I hate to shoot part of this down, but here goes the reason. Our table is free because we are not a "vendor" but rather a fan group promoting ourselves. We would have to get a business permit in order to exchange any sort of money. Not only that then LFL would be all over us because we would be raising money in large part due to their creation. When I applied for the table I stated we were not-for-profit, and signed that we wouldn't be selling anything. Anything we give as prizes has to be done free of charge. We could still try and get some things autographed for the prizes though.

22. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Shawn, how about me do a 'reel them in' trick? Why don't we have (on top of the regular raffles) a special raffle, in which to find out the winner/get the prize (this is where we could have autographs) they need to come to one of our meetings. We might be able, then, to get them to continue coming. Just an idea....

23. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I see your point Shawn. I did not know that. I was actually thinking of only charging what we would end up paying for an autographed item, but oh well. The only other thing I had in mind was that we could donate some novels/technical guides for a raffle. I don't have anything recent though, so that's probably not a good idea.

If it can't be done, it can't be done. I appreciate you letting us know why we wouldn't be able to do it.

24. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    How about we have some OCFF shirts as part of the prize?

25. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    I've kinda surfed the boards checking out info on this and the previous Comic Cons and I am excited to go. Are the tickets to this available yet? Just wondering if anyone who has gone previously knows approx. when the tickets are actually on sale?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.