main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Official Comic - Con 2003 Planning Thread - UPDATE 5/1/03

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Nov 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    So.... How much do I owe you Barry?

2. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Don't worry about the money right now. I'm not really sure how much tax and all that is anyway. A rough guess would be somewhere between $45 and $50 per night. That's counting the tax, parking, and a few bucks for gas. but don't worry about that right now. Just start saving money for all the cool stuff you're going to want to buy :)

On a side note, but related to money, there is one ATM inside the SD Convention Center. It's a San Diego Credit Union. There is usually a line at the atm most of the day during the convention. My suggestion is to bring enough spending money on the first day and then just get money each night as you need it. Some vendors accept checks and credit cards as well, but cash is by far the most accepted.

3. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Here's yet another reason (if you're into LOTR) to look forward to Comic-Con. Playalong Toys will have an exclusive for Comic-Con of 2 Ringwraiths and a see through Frodo. They'll be limited to 2500 pieces.

And since I can't put the link in with these stupid tags, just copy and paste:

http://www.aftimes.com/cgi-bin/newspub/search.cgi?mpos=begin&category=1&keyword=conexclusive&submit.x=10&submit.y=5

4. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    Will I be the only one manning the booth while you're all at the LOTR events? ;)

5. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Nope I'll be at the booth with you =). Not that I don't like LOTR, but I'll stay behind so others can see it.

6. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I'm sure I'll be at the booth from time to time too. And for clarification, that's not really an event. My guess is that Playalong Toys will have a booth setup and it'll just be a matter of walking over there and buying the set. Hopefully I'll be able to do it Wednesday night or Thursday morning. :)

7. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    hey all, im from IE/SD FF and ill drop by and say hi at your table on preview night and whenever else i can!

8. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    hey shawn;

dont forget that i volunteered to man the booth as well. so you can go if you want to. i plan on manning it most of the time anyway due to my problem with walking too much. someone can give me a break once and a while so i can see whats going on and look at the goodies.

9. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Also just for a reminder. We will need volunteers to man the booth during all 4 days. I know Don will be there quite a bit, but we will still need a total of 2 poeple at the table throughout the convention.

We will be working on sign up sheets for time slots at a future meeting.

10. dustinbrewer

dustinbrewer Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2002
    i'll be at preview night, and either saturday or sunday. i'll be happy to volutneer a bit on those 2 days.

11. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I'm almost sure I'm going, like 84% sure. So I'll spend some quality time at the booth.

12. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    ill drop by yer booth if you need help!

13. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    I'll help man it quite a few times as well.

14. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Check out this cool Info!

Official Site

Gentle Giant Studios is offering a summer convention exclusive mini bust, and a chance for a lucky fan to get "cloned" by their laser scanning equipment. The company is known for producing incredibly detailed sculpted pieces derived from exacting computer data gathered from their laser scanners. Their line of Star Wars mini busts are accurate depictions of heroes and villains of the saga, including a recent deluxe line assortment of clone troopers of various ranks.
    Gentle Giant will produce a clone trooper lieutenant with blue rank stripes as a summer 2003 convention exclusive, available at San Diego Comic-Con International and WizardWorld Chicago. The blue trooper mini bust varies from the other troopers in that it won't have interchangeable parts, but it will be priced lower to reflect this. The trooper is limited to only 1,000 pieces and will only be available at these two conventions.

Attendees at Comic-Con will have a change to "get cloned." One lucky edition number from all the blue clone trooper mini busts sold at the show will be drawn at random on Comic-Con's final day. The owner of that bust will be scanned by Gentle Giant, and will receive a one-of-a-kind clone trooper mini-bust with his or her head atop the standard body.

15. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Phil and I already sent in our registration.... we're going together, and I promised him (with the exclusion of the FF dinner and things like that that I wouldn't want to miss) that he and I would spend the evenings together, probably not at the convention. But we'll be there thursday, fri, sat and sunday for sure during the day. :D We still need to get hotel reservations. I think we're going to stay in a hotel about 20 mins South, like i did last year, and just drive. I'll just have to make him get up at like 8 so we can get there at 9 or so, so parking is not a problem. :p

16. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Sweet. We're months away and there's already stuff I gotta have!
    Plus there's a chance to win a crazybird bust!

17. MikeyKnew

MikeyKnew Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2002
    Tracy, if you don't go to the Spaghetti Factory with me at least one night, I'll be VERY offended. Phil can come too, I guess :p

18. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    There will also be another exclusive figure there as well. The Silver Boba-Fett.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.