main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Comic-Con News and Findings

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    All those going to Comic-Con - please post any news or findings here. Let the rest of us know what is happening! This thread will stay sticky until Comic-Con ends..

2. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
  3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I was at Comic Con today picking up my exhibitors badge and I briefly toured the dealer floor and ran into Mary Franklin. The Star Wars pavillion is huge this year. I got to see the Hasbro, Master Replicas, Lego, Lucasarts, StarWars.com, Gentle Giants booths etc all going up. It looks to be the best Comic Con yet so far. I'll be working for Lucasfilm during the convention and I'll report back on any goodies I come across.

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Duplicate post

5. CaptPanakaBacca

CaptPanakaBacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    i'll be heading in with some vendors who are setting up.

6. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    well, Rebelscum finally has some reports. the "last 12" figures are revealed. some goodies, but overall i'm disappointed. same for the galactic heroes...it looks like they're rolling out the repacks.:(

7. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Since I saw that now posted a list of the final 12 figures in the RotS line here it is:

Commander Bly (Yellow Commander)
    Holographic Plo Koon
    501st Legion Super Articulated Clone Trooper
    Commander Gree (Green Commander)
    Holographic Aayla Secura
    R4-P17 (Obi-Wan Kenobi's Astromech Droid)
    Wookiee Warrior - New Deco (Two variants: One light brown with tan "pleather" softgoods vest; one brownish black with black "pleather" softgoods vest. Both come with rappel line and cannon.)
    Passel Argente (Yellow Cloak)
    Shu Mai (Utapau Costume)
    Neimoidian Warrior (Variant Silver & Brown Deco)
    Grievous' Guard (Variant White)

I must say that looks like one good list of repacks and repaints. :mad: And what no Commander Cody? :confused: With this list and no more Unleashed Hasbro is dropping the ball.

8. FallenKnight88

FallenKnight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    Funny thing is, I was planning on attending Comic-con (it's within driving distance) but I ended up spending that money on my ROTS collection!

:_|

9. Techno-Union-Elite

Techno-Union-Elite Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 15, 2005
    I just saw all the pics. It looks quite exciting. I look forward to the blue clonetroopers to be a part of my clone-collection -_-.

10. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Overall,that's a pretty good list. But no Commander Cody? Darn,that's the one figure I wanted them to make next. :(

11. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Where did you see pics? How 'bout letting us in ;)

I'm surprised. Very surprised. There only look like about two of those that I'm planning on getting.

I thought Cody was a shoe in.

Edit: Found the pics. They are at GH. Bly looks pretty good. Gree looks pretty good. Those and Secura are probably all I'll pick up.

Must say as much as I was looking forward to these, I'm pretty disapointed :(

Edit 2: I take back what I said about Gree, there are customs on eBay that look better :p

12. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    The Shu Mai is actually Cat Miin, Mai's aide, she can be seen on Mustafar in ROTS when Sidious contacts the Separatist Leaders.

13. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    I thought Cody was a lock. I'll probably pick up the holo Aayla and R4, the rest I'm going to pass.

14. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I thought he was too. Then again I thought we would be getting all new figures. These are running change variants at the best [face_plain]

Edit: I was going through GH's photo gallery and noticed a couple of things I don't think anyone has mentioned yet.

TRU exclusive Holo Sidious.
    More Target cup/figure sets (Leia, Stormtrooper, and Darth Vader seemed like the only new ones but they also had Boba and the CT on display)
    What looked like Target exclusive "lava reflection" Obis and Anakins.
    Not exclusives (and not very popular on the boards) but there was an Yoda and Emperor force battler.

Edit 2: Did you see the new 3 3/4 titanium series die-cast figures? Those are pretty cool. Make up for some of the disapointment from other fronts. The boba on display looks very nice :D

Final Edit (I promise): There was also a TRU exclusive Millennium Falcon in what looks like our first look at the "new" Saga line. Same star scape background but with just Star Wars in the corner.

15. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    I thought I saw breasts on that figure. [face_blush] :p

16. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Huh :confused:

The slash mark across the brests was a nice touch though.

17. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Poor Miin and her new plastic surgery.

18. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    first post taken from rebelscum.com

"SDCC2005: Comic-Con First Report
    Posted by Curto on July 13, 2005:

Not much is on display just yet, but here's a quick rundown of what we glimpsed on the showroom floor. No pictures are alowed just yet naturally.

Much of the Battle Packs are on display, including the Jedi Vs. Sith, Jedi Vs. Separatsits, Rebellion Vs. Empire, Assault on Hoth, and the Jedi Temple Assault. A new set based on the EMperor's Throne Room was also on display, containing more repacked figures.

It looks like there will be more exclsuive repaints this year, with a new Toys R Us exclusive Holographic Emperor, and a pair of Target exclusives: Obi-Wan Vs. Anakin, each with a connecting display stand.

The Millennium Falcon has been repackaged in the ROTS graphics and will be out in time for the holidays.

Force Battlers, Unleashed, and Galactic Heroes were being set up, but nothing new has been put out yet.

The Attacktix Republic Gunship is making its debut, and its roughy the size of Boga and the AT-RT, which means it's not to scale with the figures. It is connected to the base, but still hovers in the air above the ground.

Another Gunship on display is the Titanium Series 6" scale die-cast vehicle, alongside a new 6" X-Wing Fighter.

More from the floor coming up later tonight. "

cant wait for more...

19. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    RS.com
    "Sideshow Collectibles is expected to announce within moments a new line of 12" Collectible Figures. No word on exactly who will make up this line just yet, but there is an Anakin Skywalker on display and I'm told it is beautiful. "

Sideshow
    "Westlake Village, CA - July 14th, 2005 - Sideshow Collectibles announced today the acquisition of the license to manufacture and distribute a line of 12-inch Star Wars action figures. Sideshow plans to provide details of the product line later in 2005 via www.SideshowCollectibles.com, but collectors can look forward to the new 12-inch figures hitting store shelves (and online) in mid 2006.

"We are excited to expand our relationship with Lucasfilm, and to begin working with Hasbro," said Greg Anzalone, CEO of Sideshow Collectibles. "As dedicated fans of both the Star Wars saga and the previous Hasbro product, we aspire to bring a new level of detail and authenticity to the 12-inch figure category."

Kenner, a division of Hasbro, first introduced 12-inch Star Wars figures in 1978. Hasbro reintroduced the format in 1996, producing updated versions of classic characters like Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Darth Vader. "Over the last 10 years, we've produced over 150 different 12-inch Star Wars figures," said Derryl DePriest, Hasbro's Director of Marketing for the Star Wars brand. "We have chosen Sideshow to carry the torch because they have an unparalleled reputation for producing quality limited edition 12-inch figures."

Sideshow Collectibles announced the 12-inch figure license on the one-year anniversary of the premiere of Sideshow's first Star Wars offerings. Sideshow began solicitations for a line of high-end Premium Format 1/4 Scale Figures at the San Diego Comic-Con International show in July of 2004. More recently, Sideshow Collectibles announced a line of life-size Star Wars busts. "The 12-inch Star Wars line really complements our previous series of Star Wars collectibles. Our larger scale, high-end Star Wars offerings are perfect as centerpieces in any collection. They're museum quality representations of the most heroic and villainous characters, and they're BIG," says Tom Gilliland, Creative Director at Sideshow Collectibles. "The 12-inch line packs the same quality & detail into a smaller and more affordable package. This 12-inch series also enables us to go even broader in our character selection than we have gone previously. Fans of the previous Hasbro 12-inch figures will be excited by our character choices - our goal is to enhance, expand, and update the amazing collection that Hasbro has offered."

"The alliance between Sideshow and Hasbro grew out of mutual respect within the two companies," said Casey Collins, Director of Domestic Licensing & Retail Marketing at Lucasfilm. "Designers at Sideshow were collecting Hasbro product, designers at Hasbro were collecting Sideshow product. Sideshow has a fresh and unique approach to the 12-inch collectible figure category - we recognized the potential in the relationship immediately." "

20. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    RS.com

"Comic-Con: The Mystery 12 ROTS Figures Revealed
    Posted by Curto on July 13, 2005:

1. Commander Bly from Felucia
    2. Neimoidian Warrior with silver armor and force pike
    3. White Grievous's Bodyguard
    4. Wookiee Warrior (light) with soft goods tunic and grappling hook, detonators and club
    5. Commander Gree
    6. Passel Argente in yellow robes
    7. Shu Mai (looks like the same figure but repainted)
    8. Holographic Aayla Secura
    9. R4-P17 - Obi-Wan's Red Astromech Droid
    10. Wookiee Warrior (dark) with soft goods with Cannon from Yoda #03
    11. Special Ops Trooper (501st Legion) - Super Articulated!
    12. Holographic Plo Koon

From what I'm told, these are ALL repaints of exisitng figures, the Wookiee being a repaint of the Sneak Preview figure.

Pictures coming soon!"

21. WedgeAntilles1

WedgeAntilles1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2002
    I like the new Titanium series, and I like the idea of a 6" scale of metal vehicles. I hope they make an ARC figter in with that!

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I will definitely be after that Titanium Fett, and I will be interested to see what Sideshow comes up with on the 12-inch figures. I'll also be after that 501st Clone figure - it looks nice!

23. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    lol, as soon as i saw the titanium fett i thought of you...

24. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    If there's anything the pegs need, it's more Neimodian Warriors! :rolleyes:

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I have yet to see a Neimoidian Warrior, let alone classify it as a pegwarmer..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.