main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Comic-Con News and Findings

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Much to the regret of its many fans, the Unleashed 7" line will go on hiatus. The reason is that is was just too expensive to make, and didn't really seal well enough to justify the cost.

May be the reason that well enough is that they did not put out enough of them. You could neve find most of them in stores.

2. Flaar_Fyre

Flaar_Fyre Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2004
    I thought about which Obi-Wan they would put with the baby Luke, and I think they'll put the #56 Obi-Wan with it. That Obi-Wan comes with a cloak, and all they would have to do is remove the headset. I don't think the hood can come up, but at least he would be in a cloak.

3. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Here is some more on the slide show from Hasbro.

The stealth trooper is apparently an unused Ep III design. It also has picks of the Target clonetrooper five pack which we had originaly been led to believe was all 501st troopers but it doesn't look that way.

4. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    Does anybody know what's up with that Wal-Mart exclusive Cinemacast Darth Vader? Is it supposed to be like a mass-market statue? Will it be plastic like Unleashed? Just want to know.

5. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I'm sure it will be plastic. Basicaly it looks like its just going to be a 10" unleashed.

6. long_long_ago

long_long_ago Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    is that possible to get those die-cast vehicles in uk?!

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I haven't seen them here in the UK, at least not in stores like Forbidden Planet. I also took a quick look on r2dtoys website and didn't see them. The ones I got were purchased by a friend in the US and sent to me.

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    It is Ben here just posting under this name :p

I attended the club breakfast that was held by lucasfilm and one of the questions I asked after it towards the hasbro director was about the release of more of the retro design carded figures including which I told him about releasing the potf figures with a coin such as what we have now with the 12 votc figures and he told me they were in the works and that they have to release them on the market when the time is right.
    Also after the presentation by hasbro which I attended on the future of collecting the actually added to the glass cabinets the packaging and some of the scaled down unleashed that they will release it seems to me that they will release these as a pack of four for no doubt $10 they are abit smaller as to what the attacktix figures are but still look cool but to be honest though if you would become a mad collector of these new figures I do not think that they will look great sitting on the shelve as to what the unleashed figures we have now. They also pointed out at the presentation that it is not the end of the unleashed line they just do not seem to be selling them quick enough so they are just putting it on hold for the time being.
    On thing that did mystify me the most about their plans was they have the release of the multi pack figures but of which below they had a millennium falcon in a new box which I did ask them about and they told me that all it was was the otc falcon in new packaging but the question is why they have released this yet when they do which had a date of october I would have though they would release some figures to actually have with it.

9. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    Anakin Skywalker (Lava Reflection) ($11.99 ? Available: October ? Limited Edition: 50,000)
    ? Obi-Wan Kenobi (Lava Reflection) ($11.99 ? Available: October ? Limited Edition: 50,000)

Heh, good luck trying to get those before those damn scalpers do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.