main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ***OFFICIAL*** Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It's Rosa's original page art, complete with notes, erasures, alterations, etc. Like ACOD pointed out with the The Spirit collection, the goal is to accurately reproduce the feeling of looking at the original artwork, prior to its being colored, in a high quality package. Considering Rosa's draftsmanship and attention to detail is usually a selling point on his style, it should be a pretty great set.

And, yes, the Fantagraphics collections of Barks and Rosa comics have been outstanding so far. It's a good time to like duck comics.

2. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    [​IMG]
    This issue. It's been a long time since I enjoyed a comic this much.

3. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    My favorite part is when they explain the outrageous (By stereotypical Spider-Man standards, anyway) meta-plot and 60's Spidey is like "Oh, of course! Why didn't you say so?"

JoinTheSchwarz and Spider-Fan like this.
  4. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    The whole issue was awesome meta fun. I just wish they had included more of the different Animated versions (well the ones that are left I mean).

5. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Didn't read the Spider-Verse but tell me this: Did Ms. Lion make an appearance? :D

6. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah, been picking up a few of those Fantagraphics collections too. By the way, anyone else listen to "The Life and Times of Scrooge"? music? Stumbled across it earlier this year, apparently someone got really inspired by the comic... which isn't a surprise considering how good it is, but was still surprised someone actually wrote a soundtrack to it. Pretty good one too, I thought.

7. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    Um...sorta.

[​IMG]

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  8. Beezer

Jul 5, 2013
    Ya I'd say that counts. I always liked that cartoon show and that the voice actor for Peter was the same voice actor for Bumblebee.

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

I only ever get a variant if that is the only one available. If I want the images, I can usually find them online after a while.

10. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    So Gerry Conway is going to be back to Spider-Man for a mini. His work in the recent Spider-Verse tie-in shows that he's in good shape, and I like what he said in this interview. I can't wait!

11. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Just got around to reading this issue and I agree, so much fun. It's kind of weird how there is so much humor mixed in with the seriousness of the event but it's working for me so far.

12. Beezer

Jul 5, 2013
    This remastering of the original Star Wars comics (1-6) coming out next year looks REALLY cool. Can't wait to see it in full.

So many of those images are permanently etched in my mind - especially from issues 4 through 6 (the only ones I owned as a kid so I read them about a thousand times). I can't wait to see the new coloring.

[​IMG]

13. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I don't want see the need for new coloring though, I think the old is just fine!

DarthMane2 likes this.
  14. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    If you're trying to impress younger readers used to computer coloring, then that's why.

DarthMane2 likes this.
  15. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Picked up(Downloaded to by I-phone) Batman 37 and MTMTE 37

both great. MTMTE still probably one of the best sy-fy comics on the stands. Little slow moving this season though. A fault of Roberts going for a long form story this time around. Still issue had the original cast together, funny dialogue, and a great moment where Megatron had a time traveling phone coversation with Orion Pax(future Optimus Prime)

Batman 37, has to be one of the best Bat isses I've read from Snyder. I'm critical of him to the point of trying to find as much wrong with his work as possible, but he did great stuff here. This felt like a full issue, and worth the money. Lots of great Joker stuff.

16. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
  17. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    It was a good one. This arc seems to be him saying sorry for Death of the Family.

My girlfriend bought me Batman Eternal for Christmas and I finished volume 1. It's ok. I'm glad I didn't pay monthly for it, that's for sure.

DarthMane2 likes this.
  18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  19. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    It's been talked about for years since the Ultimate Universe started in regards to potentially rebooting the whole continuity, or then having the Ultimate continuity rolled back into 616. It's nothing new, just a case of them starting down the road that could see it happen. But until we get some actual details rather than the deliberate avoidance that they are doing right now it is just pure speculation as to what the actual end game will be post Secret Wars. All we know is that nothing will be the same again.

Which is what they say leading into every single major event.

And it's interesting to note that DC have done this 4 times in the last 24 years, whereas this would be the first time for Marvel. Which frankly lends evidence against them actually rebooting continuity. Especially during a time they are actively getting people into their properties thanks to the movies.

Given that almost every interview prior to today involved some variation on "this started out as a small event that just got bigger and bigger as we went forward" and that this is the culmination of Hinkman's Avengers run I'm more inclined to believe that this is a way for them to play in multiple sandboxes at the one time (having various universes able to interact in one go) and then the creation of a new state of play where elements of some of those universes are now fixed parts of the 616 universe moving forward, not a retrospective alteration. That has been done before in small doses with Age of Apocalypse and House of M, and Age of Ultron paved the way for some elements to with the shattering of reality that let elements bleed between universes (Angela and Galactus) so this would not be anywhere near as big a divergence for the publisher as doing a DC Crisis event would be.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  20. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    IGN article on the "reboot" below:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/01/20/the-marvel-universe-is-coming-to-an-end-in-may-2015?

And TBH, this reads more like yet another healf-hearted, not-true-reboot like the Ultimate Universe proved to be. In fact, it looks quite messy. You'd think that at this point, Marvel could've done the easier, safer thing and, say, just reboot their universes into two: one featuring Spidey and all mainstream heroes (I.e. everything under the Marvel Studios/Disney flag, because you just know Marvel will eventually get back the rights to Spidey and the FF) and a separate universe for the Uncanny X-muties.

21. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Marvel's not rebooting ****. Secret Wars is just like Age of Apocalypse or House of M. It changes "everything" but by the time it's done things will be more or less the same with a few Ultimate refugees.

22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Alternatively, Heroes Reborn 2. [face_skull]

23. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, I've never understood Marvel's hesitancy to do a proper totally-start-from-scratch reboot of their line. And one that doesn't necessarily follow DC's model of every once in a decade line reboot borne out of massive intercompany crossover event. **** that ****. Just cancel all the decade long titles, restart the line with new, contemporary origin stories and take your chances with it. You can respect your characters' and company's history all you like but that doesn't mean you should forgo starting over every once in a while if necessity demands it.

24. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Yeah, just more of Stan lees illusion of change. All they are doing is taking the best parts of ultimate and folding it into the regular marvel u. Sure their will be other changes, but mostly cosmetic.

Not a true reboot

cubman987 and Darth_Invidious like this.
  25. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Yes this is pretty much how I'm thinking it goes. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised at all if Miles Morales is the only Ulitmate Universe character to survive.