main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ***OFFICIAL*** Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Yep. Eight years since the last issue. Well 8 years since issue 0 came out.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

Someone purchased me an issue of this current Lobo and into the trash it went. That's all I'll say since the cancellation sums up my feelings just fine.

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    So, any kernel of truth to this rumor I just head about Marvel axing or otherwise killing the X-Men line as part of Disney's ongoing pi$$ing war with Fox?

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Probably not. Given how they're still prominent coming out of "Secret Wars" and Marvel is willing to negotiate with Fox to allow a television series to be made and possibly even a return of some merchandise rights, I think that that portion of the rumor can be laid to rest.

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Marvel is not going to kill off the X-Men comic books. However, the speculation is they may have to find a new "world" to live on based on Marvel's Editor-In-Chief, Axel Alonso, comments:

via Bleeding Cool back in May 2015:

The spoiler was pretty much confirmed in this BLASTR article.

Marvel Studios is heavily influencing the comic books. Which is why the comic books will be pushing Uncanny Inhumans.

6. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    That actually sounds pretty cool. It's intriguing enough to spur me to buy my first X-Men comic in 20+ years, if accurate.

7. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003

I think that ended up being dropped, or at least it doesn't look like any of the new X-series take place on a new X-World. All that's happening is that the Inhumans are going to become a major player in the universe, and I think one of the first stories gonna be the Inhumans and X-men butting heads.

8. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    With everything going on between the X-Men and the Inhumans, and how Marvel wants the latter to supplant the former because they own the film right to them, don't you ever want to say this to a Marvel exec:

9. slidewhistle

slidewhistle Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 24, 2015
    Is Fetch that big teleporting dog with the tuning fork on his head?

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    while it is probably a way to amp up the Inhumans as the Marvel universe mutant substitute (as MCU friendly) as being hated and feared by the population, the X-Men deal with extinction and being marginalized all the time. Honestly, there will probably be less mutants running around and more Inhumans randomly showing up, but the X-Men will still be there and have to fight back from their hole because that's what they do. It's really just another way to put them on their heels, which is kind of the point of the book.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  11. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

That's Lockjaw.

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I think it would be cool if the Inhumans and X-Men battled it out for a bit, but I don't think that will happen. I don't know if the X-Men will find a new planet I do think they will be isolated from rest the of the MU for a bit so the Inhumans can get some footing. I think Marvel will push the Inhumans the same way the did with Guardians of the Galaxy. I think GotG has like 5 or 6 related titles post Secret Wars. Ms. Marvel already has good following as the newest Inhuman.

True. The X-Men have always fought their way out of a corner; however, this time they'll be fighting their most biggest and deadliest enemies ever and that's the corporate executives. Marvel Studios have been shaping the comics for the last couple of years, so I'm not sure what they'll do with the X-Men.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    DC must have heard the outcry, because Omega Men will apparently be getting it's 12 issues.

14. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Kyle Higgins will write POWER RANGERS ongoing for Boom!!! :)

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Snazy cover! Gotta get that IP all spiffed up for the movie.

16. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Just saw the Karnak preview. I don't know or care about the Inhumans, but this looks like a fun read from Warran Ellis and Gerado Zaffino. While I quite liked some of Warren's tweaks on Moon Knight (issue 1 and especially issue 4 was terrific), I like that I have no expectations about Karnak and want to read from the preview art alone.

Added bonus, getting a little bit of a Tomm Coker vibe from the art too and that's always great.

BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Apparently it's Batman Day? It's Batman Day. In any case Bleeding Cool has a fun comic up about THE MAN WHO KILLED JASON TODD (Note: other people may also have killed Jason Todd) FOREVER (Note: not forever).

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

I was one of the people who called in to kill Robin. Heh. Hahha. HAHAHAHAHA! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    You and a robo-dailer!

Jason had to die anyway, Miller did it first proclaiming he was a "good soldier"! (which is odd considering Miller is later quoted as saying ... "To me the whole killing of Robin thing was probably the ugliest thing I've seen in comics, and the most cynical." but he was the one who did it first in DK! He dug the grave!)

side note: you think Jason Todd came back in the DK-verse or stayed dead? I'ma thinkin Stayed Dead but you never know with DK3 coming around.

Anyway, I sort of skimmed over the Red Hood storyline in the comics when it came out but wasn't into it. Jason's resurrection was also tied into Superboy's Continuity Punch (don't ask) which was weak. But that "Under the Red Hood" movie adaption (written by the same guy who wrote the comic no less!) is pretty darn fantastic. Jason's becoming Robin / death / resurrection / becoming Red Hood is actually a pretty overall solid character arc story. He basically becomes the wayward, cynical middle child of the Bat-family. Also the fact that he becomes Red Hood really gives it some heft re. Joker. and his bitterness towards Batman is somewhat warranted, depending on the medium.

20. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't think any of the Journey to TFA content goes beyond the first year past the Battle of Endor. took me awhile to wrap my head around it but I'm okay with it now.

The Threepio One-shot in December may go beyond that. And it's the only real new journey to TFA comic content that comes out the same month as the movie. Go single issue collectors!

22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Perhaps he's referring to the fact that they made it a big event and got money off the phone calls? Frank Miller's also been known to completely change his opinions on certain matters, so whatever.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

To be fair, Miller never showed Jason's death and the way that he wrote it, contradicts the way Starling wrote it. He only killed Jason to serve as the reason for Bruce to retire for ten years, rather than doing what everyone else did. Starlin just hated Robin and wanted him out of the book so that he wouldn't have to include him in stories going forward. The irony being that he would leave the series after the story was completed.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    CBR has listed the Harvey Awards results. Disagree about the colorist winner, as Jordie Bellaire killed it on Moon Knight (issue 4 alone proves why she deserved to win.)

Speaking of Moon Knight, Jeff Lemire will be writing with Greg Smallwood back on art chores. Wasn't crazy about Greg's earlier MK output though. And I'll 100% blow off Axel Alonso's hyperbole praise. I appreciate that Axel loves Marc enough to keep trying but... Too bad Nic Klein wasn't tapped because I think he would have brought a unique dynamic to Marc's look and world (just as he did with Jeff on their Winter Soldier run.)

And the Black Panther series sounds like it'll be fantastic, Stelfreeze is a great artist.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Dick Tracy took home best strip again? Man, I love that comic but what the hell are those nominees? Where's the newly reinvigorated Prince Valiant? The "well the Sundays are good at least" Phantom? The "what the Christ am I reading" accidental pop art masterwork of Apartment 3-G? The "Please Stop" category to finally give Tom Batiuk the only recognition he deserves?

BigAl6ft6 and DarthMane2 like this.