main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ***OFFICIAL*** Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    One of my favorite Star Wars comics was the "Tales."

A memorable one was when Vader fought the Dark Woman.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Juliet316 , Jedi Ben and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Hopefully nothing goes too awry.

[​IMG]

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Cap 2 was pretty good. I think I'll stick with it.

Handbook of the Marvel Universe Secret Wars is crap.

I'm on the fence with Amazing Spider-Man. It's somehow kinda good but the Ridiculous-Tech bugs me.

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Be afraid, be very afraid...

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. slidewhistle

slidewhistle Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 24, 2015
    whoa, sand wytches

VadersLaMent likes this.
  7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Let's not forget that two other memorable events happened to Peter at Shea Stadium.

[​IMG]

And...

[​IMG]

8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    [​IMG]

9. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
  10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    this is from awhile ago, compounded, and backwards, but I finally read that free "Batman Day" comic and it was issue #1 of "Batman: Endgame". I actually read the final issue of Endgame and now I have the first issue. Don't quite feel like filling in the blanks, but I did enjoy the first & last issue (reading them out of order, months apart, hahaha) but I am curious as to how Joker possessed the Justice League, as revealed at the end of issue 1, and how they got out of it cuz there ain't no mention of it in the final issue. nice to see where the suit of armour that was a very confusing final panel in Endgame actually show up in the first part.

11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    anyway, here's a page from The Killing Joke because it's a freakin' page from The Killing Joke and if you haven't read The Killing Joke then go read The Killing Joke

[​IMG]

Darth_Invidious and Juliet316 like this.
  12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
  13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    "Because it's not funny!"

Darth_Invidious and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    The actual joke the Joker tells at the end is legit funny too and it makes a hellova lot of sense in the context of the book too.

There is an interpretation that Batman strangles the Joker to death in the final pages but I'm not a big fan of that.

As for Moore subsequently slagging on the book (but he did point out that the art was great), I think that's more a symptom of Moore being angry at DC forever than the actual quality of the book (Which is probably a coinflip with Dark Knight Returns as my favourite Batman story). And there was an article I read on the Internets that hated the book because of what happened to Barbra Gordon, saying that's the ONLY reason the book gets acknowledged which does a disservice to what I think is one of the most densely layered and complex Bat-books ever. I will say, I don't have the "special edition / recoloured" 2008 Killing Joke version (The one that is published now) but it does look a bit greyer, which totally works, but I kind of like the buggy neon hues that permeate the original.

And I'm gonna watch that DVD movie of it with Hamill and Conory doing it about a billion times when it comes out.

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Uncanny X-Men #600: I was excited to finally read this issue as it was suppose to tie up some loose ends from All New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men. My excitement and anticipation was somewhat exceeded by disappointment by story's end. There were some nice character moments and heart felt reunions, but it lacked resolution. At least, any true resolutions. It seems like Beast may have started a feud with Cyclops from unresolved feelings. I'm curious to see how Eva Bell it involved going forward.

Extraordinary X-Men #1: I felt it was off to a good start even though Scott is still getting the blame for human hatred towards mutants, while the Terrigen mist is wrecking havoc on mutant kind. I think Humberto Ramos artwork evolved for the better since the last time he worked on the X-Men. Thumbs up on this issue, even though it may feel like other X-Men stories.

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    A tad over $30 on comics today. I'm developing a problem.

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    You need this shirt then:

[​IMG]

VadersLaMent and Juliet316 like this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    If I wait 3 weeks generally my pull list goes to at least 40.

19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I like the dynamic between Stark and Strange.

20. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

Hell, I've spent that much back in the 90's, when it was cheaper.

[​IMG]

My collection is almost as big as that one.

VadersLaMent and Juliet316 like this.
  21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I have a little more than that in short boxes. Which it's kind of scary since I started up collecting again from scratch in 2006 and giving away 5 short boxes.

I just finished reading Secret Wars #7 and it felt like there some gaps in the story telling or I just don't remember the alliances being formed.

22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I have 3 long boxes and one small one. But I have more comics than what is in them. I need at least 2 more long boxes. Most of my stuff is from the 80's, scattered 90's, and now an ever building new Marvel and Image batch.

23. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Read the first issue of Landis AMERICAN ALIEN. Liked it a lot, probably one of the better Superman stories I've read in a while. I do think the page count hurt the pacing of the story a little, but really strong character work.

Also bought Sandman Overture today. Looking forward to jumping into that.

24. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, I have short boxes. But the number of them is pretty close to what I posted from Westfield Comics.

25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I heard Max Landis has a really awesome Joker / Superman story, must track that one down. Adventures of Superman Volume 57 or whatever (that title has been used a lot)