main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ***OFFICIAL*** Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    One thing I dig about you is that you call it like it is. Your courtesies real etc. are most welcome. =D=

I just like what I like and vice versa. I'm glad you and so many others enjoy the book. I just wish it wasn't a team I was so allergic to. I appreciate posts like yours to let me know that my decision against is valid in my eyes and wallet.

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

He hasn't gotten angry enough yet. After all, at the end of "World War Hulk", he finally got mad enough that his footsteps starts causing tremors.

3. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I've heard that before, and I must say it just strikes me as being one of the most risible ideas to come out of Marvel in recent years.

Master_Lok likes this.
  4. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Tis true.

"World War Hulk" #5.

[​IMG]

5. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I know this isn't exactly the thread for this, but I didn't want to start one. Mark Hamill tweeted a first look pic of "The Killing Joke".

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 and VadersLaMent like this.
  6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'm so glad Hamill and Conroy are doing the voices for The Killing Joke. When I read Batman comics, I hear Conroy's voice as Batman and Hamill's as Jokers.

Kind of the same thing with the X-Men. I always hear the 90s cartoon voice of the X-Men when I read X-Men comics, especially Rogue.

7. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I do the same thing. Anytime I find a voice actor that I agree with in an animated incarnation, I wind up going with them in the comics and prose novels.

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I didn't know there was going to be a Killing Joke animated movie. I wonder if Nolan was going to make his 3rd batman film about it.

9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, way pumped for Killing Joke flick. Whilst Hamill has said he was going to "retire" from the Joker going back to, I dunno, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, I really think this is it for him. (Which he said he'd always hold out for)

In semi-related news, I finally read Dark Knight 3 #3 and I really dug it because it was mostly supervillain monologuing and there's a bunch of Kryptonians as basically superpowered jihadists that Batman has to take down (but he's wayyyy older and brittle now so Carrie is doing the heavy lifting for the most part). Couple of darkly funny bits like when the evil Kryptonians are hollering about how they're going have people bathing in their blood and the masses don't look up from their iPhones until they take down the satellites. Also patented Frank Miller DK TV talking heads and one of them was Trump! Art does a great job of being Frank Miller very close to what it looked like in Dark Knight as opposed to Strikes Again. I'm sure Miller had some input on the art and design, cuz the main Kryptonian baddie looks very much like a Miller design. Actually, this is kind of a nifty endpoint for Miller's DK-verse because it's basically Batman going up against Gods (Superman in Dark Knight was more of a government tool so now it's Batman v mass superpowers)

And I guess I've watched the Dark Knight Returns adaptation a lot because for a few panels I was hearing Peter Weller voicing Old Bats in my head.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    There's a writer on HitFix who isn't a fan of what happens to Babs in Killing Joke, which I do think is important to the story and frankly does a disservice if one views Killing Joke as ONLY that, however, I did read an interesting suggestion from them (I'll spoiler tag it but if someone in this thread hasn't read Killing Joke yet, I'd be really surprised)

Have Babs fight back when she gets shot. Which I think is actually a great idea cuz I do like the idea of Babs pulling some Batgirl smackdown, at least for a bit. I mean, what happens is horrible but I think it should be retained but I wouldn't mind if Babs threw down a bit, even when she's been gut-shot. However since Joker's shot paralyzes her, that may not be probable. Interesting notion, though to tweak it a little.

12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    This was a big week.

This week's haul:

All New X-Men 6, sweet cover.
    Extraordinary 8, sweet cover
    Squadron Supreme 5
    Lucifer 4
    Low 12, you're not reading this why?
    International Iron Man 1 Why not just call it International man of Iron and get it over with?
    Huck 5
    Star Lord 5
    Captain Marvel 3.

Dammit, I've got bills!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Here's my list of comics from this week's pull list:

Extraordinary X-Men #8

Very light this week.

I read The Might Thor #4 this morning, and I must say Jane Foster is definitely proving why she is worthy of the power of Thor. And Loki was so adorable in this issue. Odin is just a butthead.

I caught up on A-Force and I loving the banter and dynamics between the characters. And Dazzler. Well, Dazzler.

I'm not liking All New X-Men. This battle with the Blog is kind of a yawn for me. Poor Laura.

However, Laura is kicking ass in All New Wolverine.

14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Yeah the All new X-men is not exactly up to snuff. It's trying too hard to be a teen book. But I am sticking with it for now mostly out of curiosity for Cyclops.

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That's pretty much why I'm sticking around for All New X-Men, Cyclops.

I wish they could go back and do the Wolverine and the X-Men books. Idie, Quinten Quire, Doop and the others all shine really well there. It was a fun book to read every week. That book was really driven by the characters.

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    So this version of Hyperion has been given a weakness against magic. For Superman it was Kryptonite and magic, for Hyperion it was always Argonite, so now for this guy it's magic.

Extraordinary X-Men going right into good old X-men time travel stuff. Between the teleportation and time travel that Cerebra can really get around. Love Storm's super hair. Did Logan and Storm ever get together? Cuz they almost do in this issue. So...lol...Sugar Daddy...best panel is either Logan cutting his tongue in half or Magik holding her sword under his nose while he tries to mumble through his injury.

International Iron man is awesome. False advertising as Doom makes no appearance but the adverts said he would be there. So not yet. New character introduced though.

All new X-Men. Well, it's ok.

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 and VadersLaMent like this.
  18. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I wonder if anyone in the "Protect the Future" camp will quote this song:

19. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

Agreed. An excellent idea which nicely plays into the angry core of the Hulk. It's a neat way to how just how destructive / power anger can be.

20. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I think you may have misunderstood my post. "Risible" means ridiculous.

21. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    So's a comic about a guy who turns into a green monster if he gets so much as a hangnail, and is able to run around without being naked.

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  24. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    you know, I don't think I've ever posted in this thread before.

25. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    You know, seeing a picture from C2E2 of a toddler girl dressed as Squirrel Girl made me think of something: Marvel really should make a Squirrel Girl animated series, the kind aimed at pre-schoolers. It would be the kind of show where the more ridiculous Marvel characters and concepts would be at home.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.