main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ***OFFICIAL*** Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Grabbed Saga 36. Also realized I forgot All New Wolverine 7 so I grabbed that too.

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Next Saturday is Free Comic Book Day!!!

One store is having 50% off, another is having four for a dollar. Waiting to hear what the others are doing.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Oh my. Let's see, next Saturday Civil War, free comic book day, and the artist for Rocket Raccoon and Groot is going to be at a local shop for sigs. Then the week after that is a comic con.

The Ultimates #6 = Galactus punching Lord Order in the face. Worth the price alone.

Old Man Logan. Lady Deathstrike! And seriously the art shots in this comic rule.

Master_Lok likes this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    My local comic book store is having a 25% off sale, but that never includes the behind the counter/on the wall merch of the valuable/vintage comics.

I haven't been able to make to my LCS on Free Comic Book days in years because of social events my wife has plans for. But I'll be seeing Captain America: Civil War on that day, so it will be a good day.

I recently read the latest issues of Dark Knight Return III: The Master Race and it features Superman heavily. That's all say about the story. I did enjoy it.

5. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Yep, it's that way across the country. But that's fine for me, since I mainly get back issues at FCBD.

Should definitely hit the store first, that way you can get whatever good deals there are. Shame that your store doesn't do what Dragon's Lair around here does with their back issues. Giving away ten issues of their stock that they have extra of is a good way to clear up space.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  6. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Enjoy as all the planets align. I followed up Free Comic book day locally with a screening of Winter Soldier, so it's nice when that happens. :)

7. patrickurrutia

patrickurrutia Jedi Master star 1

Feb 14, 2007
    Earlier today I was going through an old cardboard box full of my main good comic books since 1996. Found some old back issues of Image Comics's Brigade series. Good decent stuff back then

8. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I check out Facebook and find this for Saturday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    This week:

Punisher #1--I guess i should read this before:
    Daredevil/Punisher #1
    Moon Knight #2
    Sam Wilson Captain America #9
    Bruce Lee #2
    Black Widow #3
    Rocket Raccoon and Groot #5. As I said the artist for this will be at a local shop this weekend. I might make it.
    Uncanny X-Men #7
    What's this? Dungeons &Dragons Shadows Of The Vampire #1!

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Here are the comics from my pull list this week:

A-Force #5
    Amazing Spider-Man #12
    Punisher #1
    Scarlet #8
    Uncanny X-Men #7

Crossed Badlands #96

I read the first issue of Moon Knight and I wasn't a fan of it as it was just the main character sitting in an asylum and possible delusions. I also read the first issue of Spider-Man staring Mile Morales, and like Ultimate Spider-Man, it's a really good reboot of the Spider-Man story.

This week's episode of Collider Heroes:

Collider Heroes - Civil War Opens Soon, Batman Villains, Punisher TV Series

11. patrickurrutia

patrickurrutia Jedi Master star 1

Feb 14, 2007
    The comic book shop I'm going to this weekend they have those True Believers reprint editions of a few old number one issues like Star Wars animated Droids and Shattered Empire.

12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    D&D #1. This is a case of not so good but I have hope for it so I'll give it a go. It does fan service for rules. The Wizard casts Scorching ray and Magic Missile and literally calls them out by those names though the artist neglected to make them look different. At first the fighter with a hamster on his shoulder was dumb, until I realized he was a 100% ripoff of The Tick, then I thought it was kinda funny.

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm a huge fan of Jim Lee, but he's costume designs have been lacking lately.

Suicide Squad #1 Cover by Jim Lee

[​IMG]

VadersLaMent likes this.
  14. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    That's supposed to be Deadshot? Ugh.

Only less than 19 hours to go until FCBD.

[​IMG]

Interesting note; the public libraries in my area will be giving out a free comic tomorrow at all branches save for one. Not sure how that'll go, much less what they're giving away.

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Deadshot is a huge fan of Cyborg apparently. Harley has the signature Jim Lee Jacket.

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Punisher #1...not good. Daredevil/Punisher #1...very good.

Black Widow...If not for new female Thor this would be my favorite title.

I will not be able to stop in to get Rocket Raccoon and Groot signed by the artist as I forgot I have to go get my comic con tickets and I can only do that tomorrow. Oh well.

17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    [​IMG]

Got me a whole bunch of stuff. Haven't counted it out, but I got a lot.

18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Is it normal that the place holding a comic con does not have tickets at the location until the day of? :rolleyes: And thanks to the ridiculous construction in this area the trek to and back was a nightmare of stupidity so it wasn't until i got home and got settled in that I recalled it's free comic book day. :oops:

**** it. I got Cap, Civil War 2, Spectrum, All New All Different Avengers.

19. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I think the con in my area did have advance tickets, but I bought my ticket the day of the con.

Oh and I got over a hundred comics. Half-Price Books had a lot of arcs going on and I just kept adding them to my cart. Key issues include all three of the 1981, "Tales Of The Green Lantern Corps", the 2012 reprint of "Spider-Man: Parallel Lives", all but one issue of the Green Lantern/Green Arrow story "Black Reign" and the first and third issues of X-Men (1991), which was the end of Claremont's first run.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Last Saturday was the first time I went to free comic book day in years. I went later in the afternoon hoping the crowd may have died down. It did not. There were tons of kids in the store. If felt like a Black Friday Sale at the mall. I picked up only 2 free comics, the Captain America one and the Civil War II issue #0. I read issue #0 of Civil War II and surprise to see Thanos in it and there was no sense in what will cause this second Civil War.

Here are the comic books from my pull list this week:

Batman #52
    Harley Quinn And Her Gang Of Harleys #2
    Crossed Badlands #97
    All-New X-Men #9

21. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    That's why I said it is best to go early. The lines at FCDB will last as long as the store is open. Here's a few highlights from this year.

[​IMG]

This was about ten to fifteen minutes after opening. You can see me as I'm the one wearing the Superman hat with the blue shirt. My face is obscured by the little girl on her father's shoulders.

[​IMG]

22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    This week:

Penny Dreadful #1. Yes, from on the best show on tv.
    Guardians of Infinity 6
    Guardians of the Galaxy 8
    All new all different Avengers 9, Introducing The Wasp!
    Darth Vader 20
    The Ultimates 7
    All New X-Men 9

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    This week's super hero talk on:

Collider Heroes - Now That Wolverine 3 Will Be Rated R: Will It Be Old Man Logan?

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Action Comics #957 Variant by Ryan Sook

[​IMG]

Detective Comics #934 Variant by Rafael Albuquerque

[​IMG]

Wonder Woman: Rebirth #1 Variant by Stanley Lau

[​IMG]

I love the Wonder Woman: Rebirth #1 Variant by Stanley Lau.

And it's nice to see Action Comics and Detective comics return to the original numbering. I remember I was looking forward to seeing Action Comics reach #1000.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999