main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ***OFFICIAL*** Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Let me guess, Ben Parker is alive and is evil this whole time.

BigAl6ft6 and VadersLaMent like this.
  3. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007

He and Gwen Stacy were all high ranking Hydra agents as well.

BigAl6ft6 and VadersLaMent like this.
  4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    This week:

Uncanny X-Men 8
    Superman 1
    Squadron Supreme 8
    Lucifer 7...last one left too.
    Low 14. Still not reading this, folks? Damn shame.
    International Iron Man 4 CW
    Green Lantern 1
    Green Arrow 1
    D&D Shadows of the Vampire 2
    Batman 1
    Black Widow 4, apparently not a CW crossover yet.
    Civil War 2 #2
    I took my first step in trimming the fat, I passed on Guardians of Infinity. Whew!

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah in an advertisement for Spider-Man where someone is wearing a jackal mask that's the only logical first step?

6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Pull list this week:

Amazing Spider-man #14
    Black Widow #4
    Civil War II #2
    Spider-Gwen #9
    Spidey #7
    Star Wars #20
    Han Solo #1

Really looking forward to the new Han Solo book in particular.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Here are the comics from my pull list this week:

Batman #1
    Justice League #51

Crossed Badlands #99

Amazing Spider-Man #14
    Civil War II #2
    Civil War II X-Men #1
    Scarlet #10
    Uncanny X-Men #8

Finally read Batman #52 where they added a small element to Batman's backstory and that was a journal kept by young Bruce Wayne about how to move on from his parents' death. I suppose was okay, but I thought it was a lame way to end the series. They should have ended on issue 51, but DC wanted to end on 52 because of the whole thing with that.

I've also caught up on All New X-Men and it still remains my least favorite of the X-Men titles.

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    That 2nd Old Man Logan arc was gloriously messy if anyone is up for some trademark Wolverine / Pathos / Utraviolence, which is always fun.

9. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Yeah I'm just following the Uncanny series, I lost interest in following All New after I saw a cover was just them standing in front of a picture of the old team with a big x over them. Felt kind of disrespectful to the history of the characters to just start out a new series like that.

10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I've decided X-Men '92 is sufficient X-Men for me. It has Dracula, so that's nice.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Best thing in Superman #1: young son of Supes is out with his cat when a hawk swoops down and scoops up the cat. One heat vision blast later and they are both fried. Oops. [face_laugh]

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Marvel details major new Spider-Man event, The Clone Conspiracy

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    The timing is interesting considering that October is when "Revelations" came out and thus ending "The Clone Saga".

14. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Well that all sounds....interesting. I do look forward to checking it out but I think Slott has had a hard time wrapping up his big stories with satisfying or non-rushed conclusions. With the amount of books this story seems to be taking up I hope that isn't the case again.

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Perhaps Doc Oct is coming back.

I'm glad Slott been on Spidey for the past few years. Although, I'm behind on my Spider-Man reading, about 10 or so issues, but with this bit of news, I'm motivated to catch up.

16. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Oh Octavious is definitely on the horizon. Slott's been drip-feeding us his return for a few months now.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    'because the first and second clone saga worked out so well, you demanded we do it again !"
    i need a facepalm emoji

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I didn't read any of the clone saga. I stop reading comics during the 90s because I was working on getting my degree and then starting my career. Apparently that's a good thing that I missed it. I vaguely recall the results of that story.

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  19. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I've mostly liked Slott's run but I just don't like the new Spider-man direction; him basically being Tony Stark/Iron Man, it's not poorly written or anything I just don't like this direction for the character. I think I'm ready for someone else to take over and hopefully get back to more "classic" Spider-man.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, that's the big reason why I'm kind of turned off from the current run Spider-Man. Peter has turned somewhat into Tony Stark with Parker industries, but it also reminded me of Batman Incorporated.

I've been more into Miles Morales Spider-Man. I really like the addition of Gold Balls and Ganke fanboying out over him.

cubman987 likes this.
  21. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Totally agree, I LOVE the Miles book, Bendis has been knocking it out of the park with Miles ever since he created him.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Hot takes no one cares about for the week: Green Arrow feels really stilted in a way that I feel could be easily understood by reading the book but not necessarily explained well, the secret best part of Rebirth for me is Wally's Sentry miniseries-esque return, Superdad is everything I hoped it would be, and stay the **** out of Patsy Walker, Civil War II, you're drunk.

Also, Chip Zdarsky's take on Jughead remains great.

[​IMG]

23. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

It's not really that bad of a story, but the problem was that it went on too long and became too convoluted because of editorial and marketing interference and the lack of testicular fortitude to pull the trigger.

cubman987 likes this.
  24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Batman #1. I am confused as to how I should take this. First Batman uses the Batmobile to shoot himself via rocket ejection seat hundreds of feet skyward to land on a jet(which was shot by a rocket) which is moving hundreds of miles per hour then run around the jet a few times to place the rockets from the ejection seat so he can steer it through buildings.

One part of me says, "What. The. ****. Did. I. Buy. This. For??"

Another part of me says, "Because I'm Batman!!!"

Green Arrow I liked. Since I did not get a lot of comics in the past couple of decades I have no idea if Shado is overused, so her turning up was cool for me.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. narniafan

narniafan Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2016
    Relative comic newcomer here. I only started getting into Marvel and DC in the last year.

Marvel

I bought the Winter Soldier Ultimate Collection last summer and Civil War this spring. Intend to try to pick up the Red Menace, Death of Captain America, and Fallen Son collections in the future. I also want to pick up the rest of Captain America Vol. 5, Reborn, and #600 - # 619, but those may be more tricky since the omnibus collections are pretty steep, so I'll likely have to go for the smaller paperbacks there. The first four arcs of Iron Man Vol. 4 are also on my buy list, but I may skip the rest of it because I'm not really interested in World War Hulk.

DC

Picking up Year One, The Longbow Hunters, and Mike Grell's run on Green Arrow Vol. 2 in the future.

It is my understanding that Grell's work on Green Arrow is completely self contained and does not tie into the wider DC Universe, while after he left the rest of GA Vol. 2 was brought back into the DC mainstream. Is #80 a good place to stop with GA Vol. 2 as it is Grell's last issue?

Batman is more difficult. I'm only interested in the comics from #404 (Year One) to #713 of Vol. 1, but with all the full series or partial series that cross over with those issues it's a bit of a headscratcher trying to figure out if there's some issues or arcs I can skip. I do know that I would prefer to skip the issues of the various series that tie into the DC-wide crossovers. Also, from what I understand, not all of Legends of the Dark Knight Vol. 1 is even canon. Can anyone offer any advice here? The only Batman collection I've bought so far is Under the Hood.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.