main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ***OFFICIAL*** Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Stardust, the Super Wizard could be a fantastic vehicle for the satire the genre needs.

2. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    I'd have to agree with a Black Widow movie (although the character is starring in some MCU-based novels, if you're into that sort of thing).

If not that, I'd kind of like to some of the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. characters make the jump to the big screen.

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    My vote goes to Natasha too. It's not right for both the character and Scarlett that we have a Carol Danvers movie first or that one or more folks think she can't carry a movie by herself.

4. slidewhistle

slidewhistle Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 24, 2015
    It'd make a better vehicle for Neil Breen.

Ramza likes this.
  5. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    August 29 – The best scene from any comic book film

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Best scene I'd have to think about for awhile.

Most anticipated....right now it's Doctor Strange, but Infinity War is what I want most.

This week's haul:

Tokyo Ghost 10
    Saga 37....! It's been so long.
    Hyperion 6. Someone has their hands around Iron man's throat, but the reflected face doesn't look like Hyperion.
    Rocket Raccoon and Groot 8
    Guardians of the Galaxy 11
    Aliens Defiance 4
    I missed a month, so Spider-man 6 and 7

7. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Most anticipated movie is easily Spider-man - Homecoming

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Despite WB's recent track record of divisive cb films, my most anticipated... with nothing else even remotely close... is still:

[​IMG]

9. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015
    My most anticipated film is "Marvel Studios' Fantastic Four," which I'm hoping is a phase 4 headliner. All I know is, they had to get something in order for them to recently give Fox the rights to make x-men related shows. I'm also SUPER excited about the New Mutants film that was just announced. I love Marvel though getting a little fatigued. DCEU is dead to me, but DC Rebirth in the comics completely owns my pull list lately!

10. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Most anticipated movie:

Either The Incredibles 2 or Spider-Man: Homecoming.

11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Saga. Masturbating robot scene. lol.

Ok so in order for Iron Man to get one over on Hyperion he discovered sterile neutrinos on a bet and the figured it would interrupt Hyperion's radiation and hold him in the air powerless like he had telekinesis. :rolleyes:

Tokyo Ghost is over with, 10 issues. If you did not get them I highly recommend them.

12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Launching 10 September, a new online comic from Furman and Senior - if that means nothing to you, you've clearly not read their classic Transformers run, more info here:

https://www.facebook.com/tothedeathcomic/

Plus a gloriously mad image:

[​IMG]

13. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Looks like Unicron has done some serious juicing.

14. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
  15. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    This week's haul:

Uncanny X-men 12 with such a cool cover that looks like it was pulled out of First Class.
    Squadron Supreme 11, heat vision being fired at Spider-Man.
    Nightwing 4
    Moon Knight 6
    Justice League 4
    Invincible Iron Man 13
    Green Arrow 6
    Doctor Strange 11, let's see how magic is still doing.
    Daredevil 11

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This week's installment of The Shadow: The Death of Margot Lane was brilliant. Matt Wagner utterly owns retro pulp heroes.

Talos156 and Jedi Ben like this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Great to hear, I'm about to preorder the trade.

Oh and based on comments here I've the Spirit hardback preorederd too.

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I am an idiot... I am so desperate to ensure that Dynamite actually prints the Spirit hardcover that I ordered 3. :p

Toilet copy and... Christmas gift...

JoinTheSchwarz and Jedi Ben like this.
  19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  20. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Did anyone else check out Eclipse #1 this week? It's set in the near future where an unknown solar event has made direct sunlight deadly to humans. As a result humanity has moved underground and become nocturnal. People visit the surface during the day in big radiation suits and there's a killer out there who appears to be the only human who can withstand sunlight. Daywalker!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Let's see, Baron Mordo turns up. Stark captures Victor. Justice league still has large dudes speaking cryptically. The X-Men join the Hellfire Club. Good times.

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'm a month behind in my comic book reading. The last thing I read was Justice League #2, which is pretty average as it features another alien invasion and the heroes scrambling to fight them.

23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Looks like we have Daredevil vs Inhumans coming up. After recently establishing Karnak's supremacy in his own title, they already put a halt to him with Iron Man. Let's see if DD and Karnak come to blows and how well he does against another mega-popular character.

24. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    The only thing that really perplexed me about this movie was its premise. I mean...why WW1? Why can't this be a full-fledged fantasy film? Wonder Woman and the lore surrounding her character can more than make up for something like that.

That being said, the poster is awesome.

25. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Because part of Diana's lore was that she fought in WWII. WB just took it back a couple of decades.