main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ***OFFICIAL*** Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    This week:

New Gods Special 1, I have no idea if this is a one shot yet.
    X-Men Gold 9
    Predator Hunters 4
    Iron Fist 6, Shang Chi on the cover. I always wanted to see Shang Chi get the powers of Iron Fist.
    Black Bolt 4
    Generations, Banner and Totally Awesome Hulk 1, the first transition issue.
    Seven To Eternity 8
    Robotech 1, I almost didn't, but the art looked decent so I'll give it a shot.

2. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I looked at the new comics this week tab for the store I go to and it looked like a $20 day. Nope! $42.

All New Wolverine 23
    Old Man Logan 27, Logan got a gatling gun.
    Mister Miracle 1
    Lola XoXo #1 from Aspen Comics, some kind of western featuring a midriff.
    Low 19, It should tell ya how slow the schedule is for this book as it was the first comic I started getting well before the Marvel reboot which is just shy of #30s right now. Awesome series though.
    Hulk 9
    Rocket 4
    Jean Grey Phoenix Generations 1
    Captain America 25
    Secret Empire 8

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Old Man Logan continues to be a blast, I hope they keep him around for awhile. Also I could stand to see him just battling the Maestro and Hulks for about 12 issues at least.

4. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    So Emil Ferris, who wrote/drew the instant contender for best graphic novel of all time, 2016's My Favorite Thing Is Monsters, told me she took a break while finishing up Vol II to go back and watch my review of the first part for inspiration/energy.

That was last week and I still feel like just running around in circles or something when I think about it.

Jedi Ben, BigAl6ft6 and Juliet316 like this.
  5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I have been skipping the Jean Grey comic but the Generations issue may have changed my mind. The Phoenix is cool, always has been, I may give it a shot.

6. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    SPOILERS >>> io9.com on the Secret Empire win this week (it's gross) and some hilarious comments by readers.

Language, laughs and super duper low. :rolleyes: So glad I walked away from their comics.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  7. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    wow doesn't tony stark look a little young at this point?

8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    This week:

Astonishing X-Men 2..I forgot what happened in #1, gotta review.
    X-Men Blue 9
    Wonder Woman 28
    Ultimates^2 #100. Was there an Ultimates that left off at 99?
    The Mighty Thor 22
    Invincible Iron Man 10
    Wolverine/All New Wolverine Generations.
    Space Ghooooooooooooooooost #1. Uh, on the comic it's just "Space Ghost", I threw in the extra "oooooooooo"s.

9. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #5 came out today. An interesting issue that puts Normie Osborn front and center.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

As well you should.

Master_Lok and VadersLaMent like this.
  11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The covers for "Doomsday Clock" #1.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VadersLaMent and Juliet316 like this.
  12. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Doesn't Superman actually exist as a fictional character in the Watchmen universe? How is this supposed to work? I mean, what happens if those pirates start crawling out of the pages too?

13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I don't recall Superman being mentioned in Watchmen.

14. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    In the DCU Multiverse, there exists a universe similar to "Watchmen", which is designated as the Prime Universe or more widely known as Earth-Prime. On Earth-Prime, almost all other universes are identified as owing their origins to comic books. Meaning that people can read Action Comics, Detective Comics, Adventure Comics, Justice League of America and so on. The Flash and later the JLA traveled to Earth-Prime, and interacted with their creators at DC Comics. Then in 1985, Superboy-Prime debuted in "Crisis On Infinite Earths" following the death of Supergirl and the Flash/Barry Allen.

[​IMG]

Superboy-Prime is a version of Superman who came to Earth from Krypton, but via different means and was raised as a normal boy until Haley's Comet activated his Kryptonian powers when it passed by. He would join Superman, who showed up from Earth-1 and help battle the Anti-Monitor. But in "Infinite Crisis", Superboy-Prime became evil.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Superboy-Prime was last seen during "The Blackest Night", but Earth-Prime still exists.

[​IMG]

In 1994, DC would revisit the concept when Earth-0 met with the heroes of the Milestone Universe, where the DC heroes were comic books. So "Doomsday Clock" falls in line with that.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  15. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Sorry to post again so soon, but I found this.

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6, Juliet316 and VadersLaMent like this.
  16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    This week's haul:

X-Men Gold 10
    The Hellblazer 13
    The Mighty Thor/The Unworthy Thor Generations
    Doctor Strange 24
    Daredevil 25
    Secret Empire 9
    Jean Grey 1 thru 5. I mentioned I got curious thanks to generations so I got them all. The hook for me was the "shadow" of the Phoenix Force that at some point she will have to deal with.

17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Secret Empire, thanks to the almost complete Cosmic Cube the heroes of Earth will now face off with....MEGA STEVE ROGERS. He's like this giant, armored, powered version of himself.

I was right to get Jean Grey. That's a well constructed comic.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    3! With these new board flaws these post counts are gonna sky rocket!

19. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Okay, I went back and looked...it's in that first "Under the Hood" section where Hollis Mason mentions that he was inspired by a Superman comic back when it was first published in 1938.

VadersLaMent and gezvader28 like this.
  20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    This week:

X-Men Blue 10, not sure how I feel about Beast with magic yet.
    Jean Grey 6, she has been meeting with various heroes concerning the Phoenix Force. This time it's Dr Strange.
    Wonder Woman 29
    Thanos 10
    Saga 46
    Robotech 2.
    Infamous Iron Man 11. Marvel has said they are going back to basics. I hope this and Jane/Thor remain. I love Doctor Doom as a hero.
    Secret Empire 10, apparently they gave away Rogers' defeat, and I did see the pic that is the spoiler on accident.
    Darkseid OVERsize special

And a Legacy free preview.

22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    is Karen Page alive again in the Marvel Universe? I'm just wondering because she was killed off (rather dramatically) in Kevin Smith and Joe Quesada's "Guardian Devil" run (Great read and I think some of Smith's best comic work) but she's a big part of the MCU Daredevil and Punisher shows so you'd figure they would have just flipped her back to being "randomly alive" after some various Marvel universe resets.

24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Oh, I didn't know she was killed off. She has not been mentioned in the current run of DD comics.

25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Pretty fantastic and dark, could see them doing this if they wanted to put a dagger (or a club) in the audience's heart

[​IMG]

Charlie Cox quote which is kind of apt:

http://comicbook.com/2016/11/10/charlie-cox-really-wants-to-see-bullseye-in-daredevil/

“It’s no secret, I’ve said it before and I get in trouble every time I say it, I’d like to see Bullseye make an appearance at some point. I think it’s a really interesting opportunity. Deborah Ann Woll obviously does not want Bullseye to show up for obvious reasons. Elodie Yung, who plays Elektra, doesn’t want Bullseye to show up either.”

VadersLaMent likes this.
  26. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    So, I liked Secret Empire, but this ending was basically bad. The issue itself is just lackluster and typical. Also, these two things:

1. Evil Steve Rogers picked up Thor's hammer in an early issue. Then in this issue he goes to do it to fight Good Rogers and can't with the caption "...was never worthy." How about he was worthy at the time but is not now and explore it?

2. They said this Hydra Rogers was the Real Rogers. Now, I suppose there could be story down the road where we don't really know which but Good Rogers was inside the Cosmic Cube with Kubik while Hydra Rogers was doing his thing then they got Good Rogers out of the Cube and they had a showdown. So, both are Rogers? Right now it looks like Hydra Rogers was a clone made by Kubik.

Anyway, Kubik restored all the actual history but "left the scars" and the whole world watched the Rogers fight so good Rogers is off the hook.

It is a cool splash page though.

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.