main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ***OFFICIAL*** Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    The relationship question:

Ollie and Dinah have a very real relationship, but I am most happy when they are happy.

Otherwise, Reed and Doom.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  2. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    In the 80's Power Man and Iron Fist had arguably the best written friendship in comics under the pen of Mary Jo Duffy.

3. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    HAHAHA....Avengers 3.
    Darn you, Jason Aaron, you gave me a new signature...

“This is most verily unproductive!"

Everything sounds better in Thorspeak. :p

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I inadvertently skipped this question the other day.

June 26: What one super power would you like to have?

I asked my friend this awhile back and he said he would like to read minds. I told him that's a bad idea. He said he just wanted to know if people were lying to him. I said, you'll probably abuse that power. He said he wouldn't. We had a little nerd debate about invading someone's mind and abuse of power.

Anyway, I would like to have the super power of teleportation. But not like Nightcrawler, where he's limited in range but like in the movie "Jumper." I would love to travel the world like that.

Master_Lok likes this.
  5. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Ha, I did too - just went based on yours and didn't even notice :p

I like the idea of the teleportation power - especially if you can take other people and things with you, would really make family vacations more affordable!

6. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Well I skipped the super power too...

So that would be

Healing Factor.

7. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Late to this game. But yeah, instant teleportation would be awfully handy.
    The Peter Parker/Johnny Storm bromance also gets my vote.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

8. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Old Man Hawkeye 6 - bringing in a favorite character earlier than I thought made the issue for me. Otherwise, I found this issue to be another filler.

9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    June 26 what one super power would you like to have.

The Power Cosmic.

THIS WEEK:

Hunt For Wolverine Mystery In Madripoor 2
    The Sentry 1, most of his entire comic history is outside my ownership.
    Pestilence A Story of Satan 1 and 2, this was my impulse buy.
    Moon Knight 196
    Marvel 2 in 1 #7
    Wonder Woman 49
    Thor 2
    Saga 53
    Old Man Logan 42
    Old Man Hawkeye 6
    The Hellblazer 23
    Free Marvel Preview.

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I never fully understood what that is exactly.

Master_Lok likes this.
  11. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Energy projection, matter rearrangement, all at a very high level.

12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Increase physical abilities, warping space for travel, energy blasts, healing, matter manipulation, in some cases mental powers, I basically cheated using one power that is actually many. Darkseids Omega Beams would be my 2nd choice.

13. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    June 20: Give a shout out to your local or favorite comic book store
    Tate's Comics in South Florida. I'm beyond lucky I got to grow up going there, I've yet to find another store better, let alone anywhere near as good.

June 21: What are some of the comic books you stop reading?

Amazing Spider-Man is the one that hurts. I haven't been reading a ton of Marvel in general these days. I've also fallen way behind on Copra.

June 22: Are you reading comic book digitally?

Almost exclusively, yeah. It's more convenient that way, and there aren't a ton of great stores near me. I'll occasionally go out and buy specific issues, or I'll wait for the trade for a mini or maxiseries that I know is supposed to be good.

June 23: Who are your favorite comic book writers?
    Grant Morrison, Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, Frank Miller (pre-2001), Geoff Johns, Scott Snyder, Tom King. I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton that I love.

June 24: What is the oldest comic book you own?
    Tales to Astonish #47. I picked it up in pretty good condition as SuperCon a few years back.

June 25: List your top five comic book artists.
    Frank Quitely, Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko, Greg Capullo, Frank Miller (in his prime).

June 26: What one super power would you like to have?
    Teleportation.

June 27: What two characters have the best relationship? (could be romantic, friendship, working relationship, family, etc.)

Oof, that's tough. Romantically, either Superman/Lois Lane or Green Arrow/Black Canary. Beyond that, I love the relationship between Batman/Commissioner Gordon.

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think Bats and the Joker actually have a great relationship that keeps them vital!

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    June 28: Besides comic books, are there other things you collect? (i.e. action figures, hats, t-shirts, posters, stamps, DVDs/Blu Rays, statues, artist/writer signatures, etc.)
    - Action figures
    - t-shirts
    - statues
    - autographs
    - DVD/Blu Rays

Master_Lok likes this.
  16. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    June 28

No, not really. I have a lot of comics from my youth because I either still like them or am sentimental; more recent stuff I pick up in trade format. I've got DVDs and Blu-rays, but I don't think of myself as a collector, I just like having films I like to hand.

17. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    June 28: Besides comic books, are there other things you collect? (i.e. action figures, hats, t-shirts, posters, stamps, DVDs/Blu Rays, statues, artist/writer signatures, etc.)
    Funko POPs, pretty much anything Star Wars (especially Vader related), and a lot of Marvel action figures and stuff (mostly Spider-Man related)

18. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    June 28: music. I used to collect DVDs, but i've gone digital in my movie buying.

19. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    June 28th: Italian and Chinese genre films on whatever format I can get (and some memorabilia including imagery, t-shirts, books, magazines too). Cutting way back though with a couple of exceptions. I tend to focus in on certain cast or directors now.

Not so much music as I used to (which is all digital now).

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  20. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    June 28th: I don't know if I would consider owning DVD's as collecting, in the same sense as comic books. I do own three comic related hats, but those aren't a collection and more about a geeky, fashion statement. The "Star Wars" books would count as a collection, same with owning many novelizations. Having a music collection doesn't exactly count, since it's not limited to one specific genre of music. Like, if all I was getting was movie scores, that would count as a collection like comic books. But having a mix of scores and general music wouldn't count. I did want to keep buying actions figures as a teenage collector, but funds were limited and comics were cheaper than buying new "Transformers" figures. Then I had to get rid of what I did have nineteen years ago, so there was no point in starting up again when I could.

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    June 28:

Well, I suppose regular books count as I have several hundred of them. What is supposed to be my dining room is my Star Wars merchandise display area. However, I have not added to it in many years because not only does it already take up a lot of space but also one realizes that it just sits there. Scattered within it are some D&D figs, an Indy fedora, McFarlane Dragons, a few odds and ends.

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    June 29: What comic book character deserves a live action film or reboot?
    The two that come to my mind are currently in development, which are Spawn and Green Lantern. And obviously, Fantastic Four.

Master_Lok likes this.
  23. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    June 29: What comic book character deserves a live action film or reboot?

Yeah a Marvel Studios helmed Fantastic Four is top of my list

24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    June 29th: Moon Knight, hard R rating and based either on Monech or Huston’s run.

Or a Grell era Green Arrow movie, not a fan of CW series or the current comics Ollie (outside of Juan Ferrera’s Art).

Now, reboots? count me in for an MCU Fantastic Four with Doom already.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, Moon Knight is on the top of a lot of comic book nerds' list. I'd be up for it.

I forgot to mention The Inhumans as they were done dirty by the ABC network. What a horrible treatment of the characters, namely Black Bolt and Medusa. They could be some of the characters that were dusted in Infinity War.

I'm still waiting for the Nemesis film and the rest of Mark Millar's catalog of characters.

Of course, Saga is something that I would like to see adapted into a live action film, as well as Irredeemable.

Master_Lok likes this.