main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ***OFFICIAL*** Comics Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    There are definitely some books and creative shuffles that make sense and I am excited for.

I just want them to leave my poor Spidey alone. Speculation right now is suggesting that this Marvel NOW teaser for Superior is the new Spidey book. It helps that Slott has been named as the writer of the series and that the branding comes with the iconic red and blues of Spidey's traditional costume. But if this is true I can't tell you how much I hate the idea of a book called Superior Spider-Man. I feel like it misses the humility of the character by miles and gives credence to the rumour that

Alpha will be taking over the role of Spider-Man somehow, or at least be taking over his book. It doesn't help that solicitations from Marvel suggest that Slott will be the author of the most shocking event of 2012, leading some to speculate further that ASM 700 will somehow feature some cataclysmic event that causes us to lose Parker or some such nonsense. I am hoping that the change-over is some short lived event to bolster sales and Parker gets his own ASM book after to at least continue the name if not the numbering.

Of course these are all rumours and speculation but they present some ideas that greatly concern me.

2. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
    Agree with everything in this post. Schism turned out to be a complete non-event, and the final issue of AvX makes Hope's whole story a non-event. As a Phoenix story it doesn't work, ignoring huge chunks of its history. The central premise of the story (Is Phoenix here to restore mutants?) is completely forgetten about from issues 5 to 11 in favour of the Phoenix Five nonsense. Trying to get a timeline out of the tie-ins (yeah, I know, Marvel doesn't care about that at all) is impossible, and reading some quotes from Marvel now that it's over - 'Avengers played a huge part in bringing back mutants' - it seems like it didn't tell the story Marvel think it was supposed to. A failure in almost all respects...but some good art.
    I won't be picking up the 'main' X-book for the first time in 20+ years (Bendis team book? No), but looking forward to Hickman's Avengers. Marvel NOW seems like the usual creative reshuffling, just happening all together.

3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    [​IMG]

I... think I need some me time.

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Well it's Gillen and it involves Loki so it...

... Wait, that reasoning doesn't even work anymore with the current arc. Er.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am still obssessing over the Waid/Samnee run on Rocketeer. It feels good to be a fawning fanboy over comics, again.

6. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Word of warning to anyone thinking of picking up the Walking Dead: Michonne Special that came out today. It contains only 6 pages of new material. The rest is just a reprint of issue #19. I wasted 3 dollars before I learned that. :(

And here I was thinking Image was above dirty tricks like that.

7. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    That's awful. :(

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Um... wow, so did I. That's low.

9. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    [​IMG]

Need some more me time!

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  10. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Yep fell for the same dirty tactic. Complete waste of money.

11. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Effy is joining the Avengers???

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  12. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    *sigh* so the rumours are true. The Superior teaser that's floating about the interwebs, will indeed be the new Spider-Man title. But

It won't be Peter Parker

Which leads me to believe that this title will be relatively short-lived, Amazing will be back at some point, whenever Peter decides to return.

This does make me wonder though if its at all tied to the cliff hanger at the end of Spider-Men when Peter looks up who Miles Morales' 616 counterpart is/was.

Additionally there is a slight costume redesign to go with the title, and seemingly new abilities as well.

According to artwork of the new costume the character seems to have tiny claws on his hands and feet.

[​IMG]

13. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Not Peter? Then I won't be reading. I was already hesitant about this book and this just confirms my disinterest. I doubt it's 616 Miles Morales either. I don't see anyone but Bendis introducing him.

14. CQuigley

CQuigley Guest

Is Tom Taylor's other comic worth checking out?

The one with multiracial family.

Is it preachy?

15. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I doubt it. Bendis said he had an idea for a Spider-Men sequel, and I bet it's related to whoever 616 Miles Morales is.

16. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    I hadn't heard he was thinking of a sequel. That's good news because I really didn't know where the hell that cliff hanger would be resolved (which annoyed me).

17. CQuigley

CQuigley Guest

Is the guy on the left trying to rape the girl? She does not look comfortable at all.

18. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    They are a gay couple, so I'd lean towards "no".

19. CQuigley

CQuigley Guest

Looked like a chick to me.
    o_O

20. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I love Kate Bishop's predatory stance.

21. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    ... and Kid Loki trying to break wind in the background.

22. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I love the new Iron Man suit, it's very Pittsburgh Steeler like.

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Bendis on Guardians of the Galaxy?! Loeb on Nova?!

[​IMG]

24. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    For he first time ever, I'm going to skip some Marvel Cosmic.:(

25. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    The CBR blog Comics Should Be Good!'s 2012 Top 100 Comic Book Runs is halfway through its countdown. The smarter thing to do would have been to remind everyone here of this when you still had an opportunity to vote, but I guess it slipped my mind at the time. Did anyone here other than me vote in this?